Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God is not a man as us. Never was never could be..
Sounds like "woke" theology. Who do you think Jesus is if not God who became Man -- sinless Man -- died for our sins, rose again for our justification, ascended into Heaven, was glorified by God the Father, and is now seated at the right hand of God as THE MAN CHRIST JESUS?

For there is one God [the Father], and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. (1 Timothy 2:5,6)

In case someone imagines that this nullifies the deity of Christ, kindly go to Hebrews 1:8,9 where God the Father addresses the Son as God (Theos). So if the Father calls Jesus "GOD" who is any mortal man to say otherwise?

Reactions: Curtis

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very inaccurate analogy I have to say. Both the human Father and the human son are both flesh and blood with the same human genes and the son also gained from the mother. They both have the same nature, indeed. And both are mortal and definitely not divine

YHWH is the Father of us all and he is Spirit. His only begotten or humanly conceived Son, as the 2nd and last Adam was flesh and bones with a human spirit, completely different from the Father who has none of these earthly materials. Yahshua had a human nature from his mother Mary, a human quality, not a Creator divine quality. Now of course if you want to 'cheat' and add in the concocted ridiculous incarnation and hypostasis inventions, then that is all you have. It shall never be scripturally sound and you will stay in your delusion and ignorance for what and why?

Scripture says that Yahshua was a man (the Son of man) and 'possessed' by his 'unnatural' Father's Spirit, more and more over time on earth and given immortality by the Father upon his resurrection. Yahshua would be still 'dead' from the Cross if his divine Father did not raise him to life.

I hope you do not think that Yahshua, the Son of Man was divine as his Father? You know Yahshua was a man without immortality as he walked the earth. And to think that he 'gave up' his immortality SOMEHOW, impossible, is super ridiculous. You believe in fables and the traditions of men who invented extra-scriptural text and theories like incarnation and hypostatic. Such evil inventions

I would challenge you to pray and research how these theories became more significant than scripture itself overtime.

Hint: those that made these decisions were not Spirit- filled or reborn at all. These are your mentors and spiritual leaders of the far past I guess - never mine.

APAK

You mean the church fathers?
Church doctors?
Saints
The successors of the apostles in holy council with authority from Christ?

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments the abundant life of grace!

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like "woke" theology. Who do you think Jesus is if not God who became Man -- sinless Man -- died for our sins, rose again for our justification, ascended into Heaven, was glorified by God the Father, and is now seated at the right hand of God as THE MAN CHRIST JESUS?

For there is one God [the Father], and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. (1 Timothy 2:5,6)

In case someone imagines that this nullifies the deity of Christ, kindly go to Hebrews 1:8,9 where God the Father addresses the Son as God (Theos). So if the Father calls Jesus "GOD" who is any mortal man to say otherwise?

Yes one mediator the cheif apostle and corner stone of the church the spirutl house of God his eternal bride. Jesus the person the Holy Spirit that worked ( the Son of man Jesus).The eternal word working in the flesh not of the corruted dying flesh as a foundation … . we have the treasure of that Power of God (2 Corinthians 4:8) But again it is not of us who have no power coming from these dying bodies as the wage of sin .

Ephesians 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

I think God is not a man as us and neither is there any fleshly umpire that stand between our unseen Holy Father and mankind called a daysman or what Catholics must call a Pope.

Three thing make up the very essence of God (not flesh and blood which could never enter heaven) .

(1) God is Light.

(2) God is eternal Spirit

(3) God is love.

Love does not have a mother or father beginning of Spirit life or end thereof .

Job 9:30-33 If I wash myself with snow water, and make my hands never so clean;Yet shalt thou plunge me in the ditch, and mine own clothes shall abhor me. For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment. Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both.

Jesus as the Son of man came do the will of the father as our chief apostle and cornerstone of the spiritual house the church .jesus cried out not as I will acording to the flesh but as you acording to your unsen Holy Spirt.

Jesus was sent with words of the father .He would never claim he was a daysman or Pope. God is greater than man. He is not a man. Thinking he was a man is the foundation of paganism .No faith as it is written needed. . out of sight out of mind. .

Jesus like us was taught by the unseen Father the head master teacher as Lord.

John 6: 45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Prior to verse 45 Jesus declared it is the work of God working in us to both will and empower mankind to perform the good work of faith God unseen working with the creature .If no power from the unseen Holy father and infallible teacher “no salvation “.

John 6: 28-29 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith are you up for some scripture study? If so then how about revisiting Philippians 2:6 for now; specifically looking at one Greek word for now

ASV - who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Darby - who, subsisting in the form of God, did not esteem it an object of rapine to be on an equality with God;
Catholic - DR - Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
KJV - Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
NIV - Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
New Century - Christ himself was like God in everything. But he did not think that being equal with God was something to be used for his own benefit.

The Greek word 'morphe.'

Most English translations of this Greek word 'morphe' used in verse 6 means:
1. 'form of' or the outward appearance of' or the mosaic / image. And then there is one peculiar unique translation:
2. It forces or makes 'morphe' mean inner, essential, and 'very nature.'

In historical and current Greek language and tradition, or in scripture, even with Greek speaking Jews who translated the OT into Greek (Septuagint), they all translated 'morphe as a shape of form or appearance, the first meaning. They never caused it to mean inner nature etc.

I believe you might agree with the latter meaning. If so, then, tell me why do think this meaning is correct? If not, then does 'form of' used in this verse ALONE make Yahshua God?

Thank you

APAK

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Jesus never said he was God Almighty"

Yes He did.

Revelation 1:8 (NKJV)
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
Revelation 1:17-18 (NKJV)
17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.
18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
Revelation 2:8 (NKJV)
8 "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write, 'These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life:
Revelation 2:18-23 (NKJV)
18 "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, 'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:
19 I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and
as for your works, the last are more than the first.
20 Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.
21 And
I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent.
22 Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds.
I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

Amen Jesus, You are God!

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith are you up for some scripture study? If so then how about revisiting Philippians 2:6 for now; specifically looking at one Greek word for now

ASV - who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Darby - who, subsisting in the form of God, did not esteem it an object of rapine to be on an equality with God;
Catholic - DR - Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
KJV - Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
NIV - Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
New Century - Christ himself was like God in everything. But he did not think that being equal with God was something to be used for his own benefit.

The Greek word 'morphe.'

Most English translations of this Greek word 'morphe' used in verse 6 means:
1. 'form of' or the outward appearance of' or the mosaic / image. And then there is one peculiar unique translation:
2. It forces or makes 'morphe' mean inner, essential, and 'very nature.'

In historical and current Greek language and tradition, or in scripture, even with Greek speaking Jews who translated the OT into Greek (Septuagint), they all translated 'morphe as a shape of form or appearance, the first meaning. They never caused it to mean inner nature etc.

I believe you might agree with the latter meaning. If so, then, tell me why do think this meaning is correct? If not, then does 'form of' used in this verse ALONE make Yahshua God?

Thank you

APAK

yes Jesus divine
Yes holy trinity
One God: nature
Three divine persons

He humbled himself

Adoration is due to God alone!

Matt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

Only God can work miracles

Matthew 8:27
But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Apostles Creed!

I believe in one God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; he descended to hell. The third day he rose again from the dead. He ascended to heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty. From there he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.

Nicene Creed!

We believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only Son of God,
begotten from the Father before all ages,
God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made; one in being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven; he became incarnate by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, and was made man. He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate; he suffered and was buried. The third day he rose again, according to the Scriptures. He ascended to heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will never end.

And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life. He proceeds from the Father and the Son, and with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified. He spoke through the prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church. We affirm one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look forward to the resurrection of the dead,
and to life in the world to come. Amen.

Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)
Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.

Now this is the catholic faith:

That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another,
and that of the Holy Spirit still another.
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.

What quality the Father has, the Son has, and the Holy Spirit has. The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, the Holy Spirit is uncreated.

The Father is immeasurable, the Son is immeasurable, the Holy Spirit is immeasurable.

The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal,
the Holy Spirit is eternal.

And yet there are not three eternal beings; there is but one eternal being.
So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings, there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Similarly, the Father is almighty, the Son is almighty, the Holy Spirit is almighty. Yet there are not three almighty beings;
there is but one almighty being.

Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
Yet there are not three gods;
there is but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
Yet there are not three lords;
there is but one Lord.

Just as Christian truth compels us
to confess each person individually
as both God and Lord, so catholic religion forbids us to say that there are three gods or lords.

The Father was neither made nor created nor begotten from anyone. The Son was neither made nor created; he was begotten from the Father alone. The Holy Spirit was neither made nor created nor begotten; he proceeds from the Father and the Son.

Accordingly there is one Father, not three fathers; there is one Son, not three sons;
there is one Holy Spirit, not three holy spirits.

Nothing in this trinity is before or after,
nothing is greater or smaller; in their entirety the three persons are coeternal and coequal with each other.

So in everything, as was said earlier,
we must worship their trinity in their unity and their unity in their trinity.

Anyone then who desires to be saved
should think thus about the trinity.

But it is necessary for eternal salvation
that one also believe in the incarnation
of our Lord Jesus Christ faithfully.

Now this is the true faith:

That we believe and confess
that our Lord Jesus Christ, God's Son,
is both God and human, equally.

He is God from the essence of the Father,
begotten before time; and he is human from the essence of his mother, born in time; completely God, completely human, with a rational soul and human flesh; equal to the Father as regards divinity, less than the Father as regards humanity.

Although he is God and human,
yet Christ is not two, but one.
He is one, however, not by his divinity being turned into flesh, but by God's taking humanity to himself.He is one,
certainly not by the blending of his essence, but by the unity of his person.
For just as one human is both rational soul and flesh, so too the one Christ is both God and human.

He suffered for our salvation; he descended to hell; he arose from the dead; he ascended to heaven; he is seated at the Father's right hand; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. At his coming all people will arise bodily and give an accounting of their own deeds. Those who have done good will enter eternal life, and those who have done evil will enter eternal fire.

This is the catholic faith:
one cannot be saved without believing it firmly and faithfully.

Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God of hosts!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Jesus never said he was God Almighty"

Yes He did.

Revelation 1:8 (NKJV)
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
Another hit and run slogan religionist...

You got one at least wrong...slow it down mate...

I would highly suggest you review the context of the Book of Revelation and figure out who was the initiator of this Book, including its introduction Chapter. Who gave the message to John via an angel concerning his Son, Jesus Christ? Where did it originate from?

Hint: the driving subject personality is found in verse 1 and finally in verse 8, as the other book end, in typical Hebrew fashion, and style of writing. You might want to change your answer!

APAK

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Jesus Christ the Lord God Almighty?

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord God Almighty; is there anything wrong with this thinking?

I personally believe that maybe God being all in All, when Jesus Christ completed everything that Jesus Christ the Lord transfigured into the Lord God Almighty.

Is that crazy thinking? Maybe, idk. Either way, still have faith in the Lord Jesus' Christ, and God; Jesus Christs' Father.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes Jesus divine
Yes holy trinity
One God: nature
Three divine persons

He humbled himself

Adoration is due to God alone!

Matt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

Only God can work miracles

Matthew 8:27
But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

another nonsense reply post...

I guess you then don't do Bible study or have not tried it? Sorry about that, and our look out. You know you should try and start sometime. It is edifying for believers where they can grow in the Lord. Is that your goal? It' rhetorical...no need to answer it

APAK

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
another nonsense reply post...

I guess you then don't do Bible study or have not tried it? Sorry about that, and our look out. You know you should try and start sometime. It is edifying for believers where they can grow in the Lord. Is that your goal? It' rhetorical...no need to answer it

APAK

it’s not a bible study
It’s a covenant with teaching authority

we must be taught
Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

Teaching authority of the Apostles and their successors founded in the one true church by Jesus Christ!

Jesus Christ is the head of the church, (eph 5:23) the body of Christ,
(col 1:18) the new and eternal covenant, (pre-figured Jer 31:31) (Heb 8:8) new covenant replaces the Mosaic covenant, (Heb 8:13) holy mother church replaced Israel Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
Christ replaces David as king, (Lk 1:32-33) Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and men, (1 Tim 2:5 & Heb 12:24) but a mediator remains on earth mediating between God and His people, but Christ ascended to heaven, (acts 1) before He did He founded His church, on Peter, and the apostles, and their successors!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 2:42 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

We must be taught by Peter, the apostles, and their successors! Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

The obedience of faith!

Rom 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name.

Taught the one true faith revealed by Christ to His apostles! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

We are not commanded to read and make doctrine for ourselves but obey those who God puts in authority to teach the Christian Faith!

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Jesus Christ the Lord God Almighty?

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord God Almighty; is there anything wrong with this thinking?

I personally believe that maybe God being all in All, when Jesus Christ completed everything that Jesus Christ the Lord transfigured into the Lord God Almighty.

Is that crazy thinking? Maybe, idk. Either way, still have faith in the Lord Jesus' Christ, and God; Jesus Christs' Father.
Well since you have asked this of me before, I guess you are serious about your post

You know for starters, what I seriously consider is to whom do I pray to, what Spirit indwells in me as a believer, and who gave it to me....

If you can answer all this in scripture, and in prayer with the Holy Spirit, I believe you are good to go....it should not be taken lightly however

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For sure, thank you for a moment of your time.

Pray to - > Father
The Holy Spirit -> Given from the Father -> given by Christ -> Christ dwells with-in us as believers, which is all given by the Father, by and through the Faith given from the Father to the believer who is growing in faith.

These are just some quick reverbs cause ~ This my way of seeing from scripture.

Thoughts?

Reactions: APAK

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well since you have asked this of me before, I guess you are serious about your post

You know for starters, what I seriously consider is to whom do I pray to, what Spirit indwells in me as a believer, and who gave it to me....

If you can answer all this in scripture, and in prayer with the Holy Spirit, I believe you are good to go....it should not be taken lightly however

Bless you,

APAK

blessed Mary ever Virgin mother of God is the mother of our salvation! Lk 2:30

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
blessed Mary ever Virgin mother of God is the mother of our salvation! Lk 2:30

Cool theefaith; you do that.

You believe that it is okay you believe that if you want.

Just never stop believing in the Lord Jesus Christ is my only encouragement.

Take care, and God bless all.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another hit and run slogan religionist...

You got one at least wrong...slow it down mate...

I would highly suggest you review the context of the Book of Revelation and figure out who was the initiator of this Book, including its introduction Chapter. Who gave the message to John via an angel concerning his Son, Jesus Christ? Where did it originate from?

Hint: the driving subject personality is found in verse 1 and finally in verse 8, as the other book end, in typical Hebrew fashion, and style of writing. You might want to change your answer!

APAK
You have a different Savior than I do.

John 20:28 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God."

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you say to Him, @kcnalp?

How do you know that?

Are you sure APAK doesn't believe in the Lord Jesus Christ who lived, died, was buried and was risen again by God?

Who gives anyone the right to dominate and say who is not a Christian, and who is a Christian by whose authority? Authority of Jesus Christ ` which was given to the twelve disciples; or is it the Authority of God that a person is able to these things?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool theefaith; you do that.

You believe that it is okay you believe that if you want.

Just never stop believing in the Lord Jesus Christ is my only encouragement.

Take care, and God bless all.

that’s scripture

Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation

Reactions: MatthewG
Status
Not open for further replies.