Jesus own words that He is the Son of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why would He lie?

Just as I would not say that my picture (to the left) is literally me, it is however "created in our image"...sound familiar? That is why Jesus would not say that He was God, but rather said "I and the Father are One" (meaning one and the same). You see, that is the actual definition of "Immanuel" (God with us)...that is, as we are [only] a created image, so is He.

This is how revelation works. For hundreds or even thousands of years men do not know or understand what God has done and is doing, and then He reveals it--just as men did not know for thousands of years that the practice of marriage was more importantly a revelation that pointed to the marriage of the Bride and the Bridegroom.

Now you know.
If God is with you and that would be great , it does not make you God .

Reactions: Wrangler

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course that is false, as I have already shown. At the end of John 8, Lord Jesus specifically claimed to be The 'I AM', which is one of God's sacred names. And even in John 14:8-9, when Philip asked Jesus to just show us The Father, Jesus told him, that he that had seen Him had seen The Father.

I could bring up other New Testament cases like that, but I won't waste anymore time with doubters like you.
All Jesus had to say was IAM GOD , but he did not for a reason , he is the SON of God a different person . Case is closed here .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That may be what you believe--but it is not biblical. Here rather, is what is true:
  1. When one is born again of the spirit of God, they are part of the same spirit.
  2. When one is born again of the spirit of God, it is no longer they who lives, but Christ who lives in them as a possession bought with a price.
  3. According to Jesus the end result of salvation is that God is all in all, in Christ, in God.
  4. According to Jesus' prayer to the Father, we become One just as they are One.
  5. One and the same spirit, One God.

Last edited:

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That may be what you believe--but it is not biblical:
  1. When one is born again of the spirit of God, they are part of the same spirit.
  2. When one is born again of the spirit of God, it is no longer they who lives, but Christ who lives in them as a possession bought with a price.
  3. According to Jesus the end result of salvation is that God is all in all, in Christ, in God.
  4. According to Jesus' prayer to the Father, we become One just as they are One.
  5. One and the same spirit, One God.
What could be better than one with God ?

Reactions: ScottA

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That may be what you believe--but it is not biblical:

Nothing is more biblical than there is one God. Your mystical Oneness Doctrine assertion, that possessing the same Spirit makes us all God is as unbiblical as one can get, turning the monotheism of YHWH into Pantheism.

Last edited:
Reactions: Justbobg

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing is more biblical than there is one God. Your mystical Oneness Doctrine assertion, that possessing the same Spirit makes us all God is as unbiblical as one can get, turning the monotheism of YHWH into Pantheism.
Who is it that you are addressing? Because I was quoting Christ. Oneness is the prayer of Christ fulfilled.

But to say it that way, to ask you as I have, is just me being nice to you. In reality, you speak against Christ (and there is a biblical name for that too).

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who is it that you are addressing? Because I was quoting Christ. Oneness is the prayer of Christ fulfilled.

But to say it that way, to ask you as I have, is just me being nice to you. In reality, you speak against Christ (and there is a biblical name for that too).
The question really is who is your God ? Because a trinity is not the God of the Bible but another . the scriptures tell us how to discern the difference. Those that make Jesus God , reject the fact that Jesus is a man . God is not man or ever will be God never changes . God is the same He was before Creation heaven and earth and all within them . To make Jesus God or make God a man . Is not the God of the Bible . Over 1000 verses and that’s conservative express this . Jesus is the Son of the Almighty unchanging God . Jesus the man is also divinely the Son of God since God is his father . Not Jospeh . Jesus was MADE lower than the angels . That blows people away that Jesus was made , by whom ? His father God .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering, has anybody disagreed that Jesus is the son of God?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying we are all of one spirit does not make us our Creator. Such blasphemy!

Quite the idolatry of the Oneness Doctrine.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question really is who is your God ? Because a trinity is not the God of the Bible but another . the scriptures tell us how to discern the difference. Those that make Jesus God , reject the fact that Jesus is a man . God is not man or ever will be God never changes . God is the same He was before Creation heaven and earth and all within them . To make Jesus God or make God a man . Is not the God of the Bible . Over 1000 verses and that’s conservative express this . Jesus is the Son of the Almighty unchanging God . Jesus the man is also divinely the Son of God since God is his father . Not Jospeh . Jesus was MADE lower than the angels . That blows people away that Jesus was made , by whom ? His father God .
Praying we are all of one spirit does not make us our Creator. Such blasphemy!

Quite the idolatry of the Oneness Doctrine.
I am not going to keep repeating what you are not hearing. The fact remains that God has revealed Himself as 1) Himself, as 2) God with us, and 3) His spirit...separately, each having the power of life and death as only God can.

But, hey, if you want to speak against (blaspheme) two-thirds of the One, let is so be noted.

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just wondering, has anybody disagreed that Jesus is the son of God?
He can not be both one or the other .Only Son and of God , if you make him God then you reject his claim as Son of God . It’s a matter of p

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He can not be both one or the other .Only Son and of God , if you make him God then you reject his claim as Son of God . It’s a matter of p
Proper Identification. Everyone including God has 1 , not multiple identities. 1 is 1 in reality and nature , spiritual as well. But some people think the spiritual can be anything. But only One Lord , one faith , one truth etc …

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proper Identification. Everyone including God has 1 , not multiple identities. 1 is 1 in reality and nature , spiritual as well. But some people think the spiritual can be anything. But only One Lord , one faith , one truth etc …
Anything is possible with God, three hearts in one no problem

Reactions: Pearl

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Who was Jesus, before He was the "Bread come down from Heaven"?

Who was Jesus when He told you ... "I AM <. from above, and YOU are from below'?

So, the mystery for you, and for people like you... Justbobg, is...to discover who Jesus WAS, before He came down from Heaven and was birthed from a Virgin's womb as God in the Flesh, the "only begotten".

Here is a Clue. ..... John 1

Here is another... John 1:14

Here is one more ..... 1 Timothy 3:16

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't make him God. And I'm sure you will have heard all the scriptures I can point to which cause me to still believe that He is in fact God incarnate, God with us, Immanuel. Obviously your religion teaches differently and uses logic in order to do that.

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't make him God. And I'm sure you will have heard all the scriptures I can point to which cause me to still believe that He is in fact God incarnate, God with us, Immanuel. Obviously your religion teaches differently and uses logic in order to do that.
Yes God is with him , that does not make him God as he said he is Gods Son . You are adding to the word of God .

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who was Jesus, before He was the "Bread come down from Heaven"?

Who was Jesus when He told you ... "I AM <. from above, and YOU are from below'?

So, the mystery for you, and for people like you... Justbobg, is...to discover who Jesus WAS, before He came down from Heaven and was birthed from a Virgin's womb as God in the Flesh, the "only begotten".

Here is a Clue. ..... John 1

Here is another... John 1:14

Here is one more ..... 1 Timothy 3:16
Yes we know Jesus is from God , yet he did not say ever I AM GOD . Do not add words lest you be found a lier

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes God is with him
Immanuel actually means 'God with us'
Yes we know Jesus is from God , yet he did not say ever I AM GOD . Do not add words lest you be found a lier
You need to read your bible with an open mind and ask God the Holy Spirit to give you new understanding. Ask God to show you if He is three persons in one God. He won't mind your asking as he wants to impart the truth to us.

Last edited: