Jesus said, "Few There Be That Find It" Matthew 7:14.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Few there be that find what? Few there be that find the way to salvation. In the early church Christianity was called "The Way". There is really only one way to believe and have faith. The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ. Some hear the call and come to Christ, calling upon him to save them. Others hear the call and instead of coming to Christ to save them they join the Catholic church. One of Satan's works is to make people believe that they are saved, when they are not. Paul said, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. If you have never called on Christ to save you, chances are that you are not a Christian.

Not everyone is going to be saved, "Esaias cried concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant will be saved". I estimate that only about 10% of professing Christians will be saved. Why do I believe that? Only about 10% have faith in Christ, the rest are trusting in their religion to save them.

Jesus said, "Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many there be that go that way. Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way, which leads to life, and few there be that find it" Matthew &:13-14.

The straight and narrow gate is Jesus Christ. Jesus said, "I am the WAY, the truth. and the life: no man can come to the Father, but by me" John 14:6.

Not by the way of the Catholic church or religion, not by the way of works or obedience to the law. This is the broad way that leads to destruction. The way must be broad, because the broad way is the way of religion. There are 1.2 billion Catholics on the broad way to destruction, this is why it must be broad.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Few there be that find what? Few there be that find the way to salvation. In the early church Christianity was called "The Way". There is really only one way to believe and have faith. The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ. Some hear the call and come to Christ, calling upon him to save them. Others hear the call and instead of coming to Christ to save them they join the Catholic church. One of Satan's works is to make people believe that they are saved, when they are not. Paul said, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. If you have never called on Christ to save you, chances are that you are not a Christian.

Not everyone is going to be saved, "Esaias cried concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant will be saved". I estimate that only about 10% of professing Christians will be saved. Why do I believe that? Only about 10% have faith in Christ, the rest are trusting in their religion to save them.

Jesus said, "Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many there be that go that way. Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way, which leads to life, and few there be that find it" Matthew &:13-14.

The straight and narrow gate is Jesus Christ. Jesus said, "I am the WAY, the truth. and the life: no man can come to the Father, but by me" John 14:6.

Not by the way of the Catholic church or religion, not by the way of works or obedience to the law. This is the broad way that leads to destruction. The way must be broad, because the broad way is the way of religion. There are 1.2 billion Catholics on the broad way to destruction, this is why it must be broad.
More Catholic bashing under the disguise of a "Christian" thread.

There may be 1.2 billion Catholics, but compared to the rest of the world, it's less than 20%. Hmmm....

Seems to me that if Catholics ONLY represent 20% of the world, they're not the "many" who are going through the broad gate...

Seriously Robert, maybe it's time you make peace with your angst against Catholics.

Reactions: Wrangler and ScottA

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More Catholic bashing under the disguise of a "Christian" thread.

There may be 1.2 billion Catholics, but compared to the rest of the world, it's less than 20%. Hmmm....

Seems to me that if Catholics ONLY represent 20% of the world, they're not the "many" who are going through the broad gate...

Seriously Robert, maybe it's time you make peace with your angst against Catholics.
I will make peace with the Catholics when they accept the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ as their only means of salvation.

Reactions: Ritajanice

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No need to categorically point to the Catholics. On the contrary, the "many" who go to destruction that Jesus referred to would potentially even include some of the five churches of Revelation that He had "somewhat against."

The "broad way" was rather a caution regarding the gods of the gentiles and their many alternate ways, and the transition that was soon to take place following the cross and the salvation of the elect among Israel. The world was about to go from having One single God whom the faithful of Israel pointed to, to the vastness of every other way that existed among all the other nations. The point was to keep the focus on Messiah/Christ as the One Way leading to life everlasting of which they had been taught.

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Infant christening! Not even giving the little tyke an opportunity to chooses for him/herself. Praying to the Blessed virgin, or any other saint? Wreaks idolatry!

Having said that however? I can understand how traditions of man teaching precepts of men have made void the Word of God in not just catholoism, but in other denominations as well.

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....Sorry. Got caught up in the "bashing."
Few there be that find it?
1 Peter 2:5 gives a pretty good clue!
An Holy Priesthood!
A Forever Priesthood!
The Order of Melchizedek.
Which is the meat, and not the milk Jesus Christ of Nazareth and every other Disciple and Apostle of Christ in the New Testament was leading to!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh boy......here we go again. Another anti-Catholic post.

So let's go with your opinion that the 1.2 billion Catholics are on the way to destruction. That means half of the Christians in the world are on the path to destruction because they accept/believe/practice what The Church teaches.

The other half (the Protestants) have various beliefs/doctrines that all disagree with each other. That means only a very few can enter thru the narrow gate and satan is winning.

So according to YOU, who is able to enter thru the narrow gate? Only the ones that believe what YOU believe?

Curious Mary

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No need to categorically point to the Catholics. On the contrary, the "many" who go to destruction that Jesus referred to would potentially even include some of the five churches of Revelation that He had "somewhat against."

The "broad way" was rather a caution regarding the gods of the gentiles and their many alternate ways, and the transition that was soon to take place following the cross and the salvation of the elect among Israel. The world was about to go from having One single God whom the faithful of Israel pointed to, to the vastness of every other way that existed among all the other nations. The point was to keep the focus on Messiah/Christ as the One Way leading to life everlasting of which they had been taught.
The Catholic church is the mother of all religions. The broad way is broad because many are going that way.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh boy......here we go again. Another anti-Catholic post.

So let's go with your opinion that the 1.2 billion Catholics are on the way to destruction. That means half of the Christians in the world are on the path to destruction because they accept/believe/practice what The Church teaches.

The other half (the Protestants) have various beliefs/doctrines that all disagree with each other. That means only a very few can enter thru the narrow gate and satan is winning.

So according to YOU, who is able to enter thru the narrow gate? Only the ones that believe what YOU believe?

Curious Mary
The way to be saved is spelled out very clearly in the Bible. Unfortunately, many do not believe the Bible instead they believe the Catholic church. I don't consider Catholics to be Christians.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way to be saved is spelled out very clearly in the Bible. Unfortunately, many do not believe the Bible instead they believe the Catholic church. I don't consider Catholics to be Christians.
Robert.....If the way to be saved was spelled out very clearly in the Bible, then why have men been debating it for 2,000 years?

I get it....You think the Catholic Church has misinterpreted Scripture. According to you.....what Church (denomination) is not misinterpreting Scripture?

Curious Mary

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic church is the mother of all religions. The broad way is broad because many are going that way.

So...you believe that every Catholic is on the "broad way" without exception, and that no one else of any other religion is or ever has been on that broad way?

Because that is the way that you have stated it. If that is not what you mean, please rephrase your claim.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert.....If the way to be saved was spelled out very clearly in the Bible, then why have men been debating it for 2,000 years?

I get it....You think the Catholic Church has misinterpreted Scripture. According to you.....what Church (denomination) is not misinterpreting Scripture?

Curious Mary
If Jesus came down from heaven and told you that Catholicism was worthless you would probably crucify him. This is what happened to the Pharisees, see the 23rd chapter of Matthew.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...you believe that every Catholic is on the "broad way" without exception, and that no one else of any other religion is or ever has been on that broad way?

Because that is the way that you have stated it. If that is not what you mean, please rephrase your claim.
All religions are on the broad way. Religion is an indication of the absence of faith.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus came down from heaven and told you that Catholicism was worthless you would probably crucify him. This is what happened to the Pharisees, see the 23rd chapter of Matthew.
Ooops you did it again (to the tune of Britney Spears) you dodged my question AGAIN! Why?

Reactions: Mink57

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All religions are on the broad way. Religion is an indication of the absence of faith.
Apparently, you have your own definition of what "religion" is.

Why not answer Mary's questions instead of dodging and darting?

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have any idea what the difference is between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law? The Pharisees tried to enforce the letter of the law. THAT was ONE of their problems. The letter of the law says, "Thou shall not commit adultery" (for example). The punishment for committing adultery was death by stoning. NO EXCEPTIONS. Jesus stepped in (I'm paraphrasing) with the spirit of the law and said, 'Wait a minute...haven't any of *you* sinned before? Would any of *you* want to be stoned to death for *your* sin(s)?" There were probably a few of the 'stoners' who committed adultery themselves, but never got caught. It's one reason why Jesus promoted 'Do Unto Others.' If you wouldn't want to die for any of *your* sins (that were punishable by death), then don't condemn anyone else to death because of theirs.

Another one of their problems was that they kept on adding to the Mosaic law. When Jesus was talking about the Sabbath, he asked, "which one of you wouldn't pull out an ox from a well on the Sabbath?" (reminder: I'm paraphrasing) Jesus wasn't just pulling that example out of his hat. There was an actual LAW that stated, "Do not pull an ox out of a well on the Sabbath." You can find it in the Temple Scroll among the Dead Sea Scrolls. The Jews already couldn't follow the 613 'commands' from God. And the lawgivers added MORE laws? o_O

Seems to me that by condemning Catholics, it's YOU who is acting like a Pharisee, Robert.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went to bible college, I also worked with the Billy Graham crusade, and many homeless ministries. I can tell you every church has unbelievers in it. Some more and some less. 100 years ago, it was different. In the 1800's, during the great revival, close to 75% of the USA became born again. Nowadays, close to 30% and these are the baby boomers from the 70" revival. There is a falling away right now. But 25% to 30%.has always been the norm until recently. More are taking the wide road instead of the narrow road; and time is up.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Nancy

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ooops you did it again (to the tune of Britney Spears) you dodged my question AGAIN! Why?

You will not find the truth in organized religion.