Jesus said, "Few There Be That Find It" Matthew 7:14.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have a pet peeve against anyone. When I quote scripture that opposes Catholicism you and others think that I am picking on them. It is not just Catholics that are on the broad road to hell it's all religions that oppose the Gospel and justification by faith. No one will enter heaven that is not trusting in Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

No, you categorically singled out the Catholics omitting any possibility and any exception that some might be saved, nor did you mention any other denominations.

That is the fruit you presented. And if you now mean to clarify to the contrary--it is no better fruit than the first until you take back what was first presented.

Reactions: Mink57

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This would make a great thread topic of its own. Not that it's true, but rather because it is not true and yet would appear to be, therefore it should be clarified.

On the contrary, with in many if not most "Christian" denominations that tend to be more "religious" and less Spirit-connected, you will indeed find the truth, if only in part. The problem is, they/many have not discerned the truth spiritually and alternatively have adopted another (likely false) doctrine based on the foolish understandings and misinterpretations of the natural man.

In which case, many religious "Christian" denominations are like the Dead Sea Scrolls, offering only fragments of scripture still subject to spiritual blindness in the hands of the blind, in spite of the fact that some are well intended.

But it goes well beyond that. First--there is nothing wrong with having different denominations...just as there is nothing wrong with having different spiritual gifts. Heaven forbid! No, in fact it is entirely intentional that we are a body of many [different] members, each being of value to the coming together of the One body of Christ. The eye is not to be like the foot, and so on. It is not written that all be the same, but rather that each contribute their own part according of a spiritual body unto Christ.
There is a whole lot wrong with having different denominations. Paul said, "Now I beseech you brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment" 1 Corinthians 1:10.

What do you believe Paul would say to the hundreds of denominations that are so called churches? There is only one Gospel and one way to believe and have faith. Religion causes division. The Gospel unites.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you categorically singled out the Catholics omitting any possibility and any exception that some might be saved, nor did you mention any other denominations.

That is the fruit you presented. And if you now mean to clarify to the contrary--it is no better fruit than the first until you take back what was first presented.
I have been and will continue to oppose any religion that subverts the Gospel of Jesus Christ and justification by faith. I don't do this with my own thoughts, I do this with the Bible.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a whole lot wrong with having different denominations. Paul said, "Now I beseech you brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment" 1 Corinthians 1:10.

What do you believe Paul would say to the hundreds of denominations that are so called churches? There is only one Gospel and one way to believe and have faith. Religion causes division. The Gospel unites.

First, apparently you are not fully understanding 1 Corinthians 1:10. By "speak the same thing", he does not mean that the eye should speak as a foot and vice versa, but means rather to be of the same Spirit. By "that there be no divisions among you" he does not mean that you live and exist communally or that you all think alike--which he explains...but that in spite of being different, "that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind"--which means having the same Head.

As for your question of what Paul would say, you answer-- What would Paul say to the Ephesians regarding their differences from the Corinthians or the Philippians? I tell you, he would say nothing of them being Ephesians as opposed to Corinthians as opposed to Philippians, or that their differences even made them separate from each other in Christ. But as he said, "we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another...But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be?"

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been and will continue to oppose any religion that subverts the Gospel of Jesus Christ and justification by faith. I don't do this with my own thoughts, I do this with the Bible.

That takes care of other "religions." (Even though you wrongly consider Catholics to be a different religion.)

Perhaps this is just about your communication skills...and using the world "religion" when the correct word among the greater heading of "Christians" would be "denominations." Which I only say, because you have categorically referred to the Catholics as if they never had any connection with the Church.

Let's see if we can't get on track: The correct word then, is "denominations." What about other denominations? Even Jesus referred to seven different churches (denominationally), and yet had "somewhat against" five of them, but did not exclude any of them.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That takes care of other "religions." (Even though you wrongly consider Catholics to be a different religion.)

Perhaps this is just about your communication skills...and using the world "religion" when the correct word among the greater heading of "Christians" would be "denominations." Which I only say, because you have categorically referred to the Catholics as if they never had any connection with the Church.

Let's see if we can't get on track: The correct word then, is "denominations." What about other denominations? Even Jesus referred to seven different churches (denominationally), and yet had "somewhat against" five of them, but did not exclude any of them.
You can call it what you want. There is nothing in the Bible about Catholicism. The closest thing to Catholicism is Pharisaism. If you want to know what Jesus thought about the law keeping religious Pharisees, see Matthew the 23rd chapter. Jesus said that the church in Smyrna was the synagogue of Satan.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, apparently you are not fully understanding 1 Corinthians 1:10. By "speak the same thing", he does not mean that the eye should speak as a foot and vice versa, but means rather to be of the same Spirit. By "that there be no divisions among you" he does not mean that you live and exist communally or that you all think alike--which he explains...but that in spite of being different, "that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind"--which means having the same Head.

As for your question of what Paul would say, you answer-- What would Paul say to the Ephesians regarding their differences from the Corinthians or the Philippians? I tell you, he would say nothing of them being Ephesians as opposed to Corinthians as opposed to Philippians, or that their differences even made them separate from each other in Christ. But as he said, "we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another...But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be?"
Paul had nothing but trouble with the churches, the worst were the Corinthians. They were all trying to be saved by the works of the law (Religion). Only a handful believed the Gospel and justification by faith. The rest were religious.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can call it what you want. There is nothing in the Bible about Catholicism. The closest thing to Catholicism is Pharisaism. If you want to know what Jesus thought about the law keeping religious Pharisees, see Matthew the 23rd chapter. Jesus said that the church in Smyrna was the synagogue of Satan.

The point is not me calling anything what I want...but you calling a would-be Christian denomination an entirely different religion. Get your words straight! It's causing you to make errors and false statements.

As for the church at Smyrna, it was I who pointed it out to you. But to be clear, it was not the church at Smyrna that Jesus referred to as a synagogue of Satan, but rather those who were persecuting them.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul had nothing but trouble with the churches, the worst were the Corinthians. They were all trying to be saved by the works of the law (Religion). Only a handful believed the Gospel and justification by faith. The rest were religious.

That is true, but you can't rightfully use that against the idea of the different parts of the body of Christ being intentionally different as the very plan of God, as if we should all be the same.

So, yes, religious practices have been and are a problem...and the Catholics may be as bad or even worse than the Pharisees. But that does not make them a different "religion"--maybe a false doctrine denomination, but not a different religion.

Last edited:

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is true, but you can't rightfully use that against the idea of the different parts of the body of Christ being intentionally different as the very plan of God, as if we should all be the same.

So, yes, religious practices have been and are a problem...and the Catholics may be as bad or even worse than the Pharisees. But that is not make them a different "religion"--maybe a false doctrine denomination, but not a different religion.
Excuse me but, "THE" Catholics? All Catholics are NOT created equal.

In our 'religious-political' climate right now, the Pope SEEMS to be a bit more tolerant of same-sex marriage. I can assure you, that not ALL of the 1.2 BILLION Catholics are on-board with his thinking. If the Pope actually issues a decree that same-sex marriage is acceptable, do ya really think that ALL Catholics will agree?

There are probably fundamentalists in EVERY denomination. It doesn't mean the ENTIRE denomination feels or thinks as they do.

It would be like me saying that because you're a MAN, all you ONLY think about is sex. Is that the truth? About YOU?

You already know the answer. So let's just STOP rearing our prejudicial claws. SOME Catholics feel/act a certain way. Others don't. SOME Catholics are "worse than the Pharisees". So do SOME Methodists, Lutherans, Buddhists, non-denominational Christians...yadda, yadda, yadda.

Maybe y'all should actually TALK to the 1.2 BILLION Catholics to see how they think instead of deciding how they think based on a 'few'.

Rant OVER. *Whew*

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, yes, religious practices have been and are a problem...and the Catholics may be as bad or even worse than the Pharisees. But that does not make them a different "religion"--maybe a false doctrine denomination, but not a different religion.
We should be the same . the problem is the all inclusive use this under guise of a lie and omit doctrine for sake of unity .
OUR UNITY must be UNDER CHRIST , HIS DOCTRINE is what we must be in agreement with , OF THE SAME MIND .
Too many folks are in dire trouble . Even the false lovey do sayeth we should not have all these different denominations .
WHICH be VERY TRUE INDEED , but use it as a guise to push us all under unification of a false love .
TIME to make biblical corretion and that pattern GREAT AGAIN within all houses . Beware men , cause they do decieve .
The bible contains THE TRUTH . Let us learn it for ourselves . I have seen those who do this
come together in the RIGHT UNITY . But if we heed men they gonna lead us into the wrong unity .
ITS ALL ABOUT THE LOVEY DO today . AND I mean the FALSE LOVEY DO BULL DUNG which , OH YEAH I AM GONNA EXPOSE IT .
Rule number one in amigos school of theology . IF IT CONTRADICTS THE BIBLE , IF IT OFFENDS THAT GOD , THEN DONT DO IT .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excuse me but, "THE" Catholics? All Catholics are NOT created equal.

In our 'religious-political' climate right now, the Pope SEEMS to be a bit more tolerant of same-sex marriage. I can assure you, that not ALL of the 1.2 BILLION Catholics are on-board with his thinking. If the Pope actually issues a decree that same-sex marriage is acceptable, do ya really think that ALL Catholics will agree?

There are probably fundamentalists in EVERY denomination. It doesn't mean the ENTIRE denomination feels or thinks as they do.

It would be like me saying that because you're a MAN, all you ONLY think about is sex. Is that the truth? About YOU?

You already know the answer. So let's just STOP rearing our prejudicial claws. SOME Catholics feel/act a certain way. Others don't. SOME Catholics are "worse than the Pharisees". So do SOME Methodists, Lutherans, Buddhists, non-denominational Christians...yadda, yadda, yadda.

Maybe y'all should actually TALK to the 1.2 BILLION Catholics to see how they think instead of deciding how they think based on a 'few'.

Rant OVER. *Whew*

That has been my point also. If you read all my posts here to @Robert Pate, you will see that.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That has been my point also. If you read all my posts here to @Robert Pate, you will see that.
all catholics are not created equal . BUT ALL , now do take close heed to this , BUT ALL catholics
need to be warned to flee the harlot . lambs dont let folks sit under WHORES .
But if you think me to be wrong lets use some bible to prove this .
I HAVE this against you , YOU ALLOW , ALLOW , simply ALLOW my people to be seduced
by that jezebel . YEAH ITS NOT SIN to warn against that unholy hole of darkness . do forgive the words
but the message does remain , IT AINT SIN TO WARN folks to NOT SIT UNDER HARLOTS and FALSE SEDUCERS .
ITS ACTUALLY SIN NOT TO WARN THEM . Cause GOD began that little speech not with
OH YOU HAVE DONE WELLL that you have hugged all and allowed all to sit under .............
HE SAID I HAVE THIS AGAINST , AGAINST , AGAINST , AGAINST YOU .
NOW WHO wants that . this lamb aint the hater folks thinks me to be . I JUST EXPOSE FALSE DOCTRINE
and THE FALSE WHO TEACH IT . AND NO MAN CAN STOP ME EITHER .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should be the same . the problem is the all inclusive use this under guise of a lie and omit doctrine for sake of unity .
OUR UNITY must be UNDER CHRIST , HIS DOCTRINE is what we must be in agreement with , OF THE SAME MIND .
Too many folks are in dire trouble . Even the false lovey do sayeth we should not have all these different denominations .
WHICH be VERY TRUE INDEED , but use it as a guise to push us all under unification of a false love .
TIME to make biblical corretion and that pattern GREAT AGAIN within all houses . Beware men , cause they do decieve .
The bible contains THE TRUTH . Let us learn it for ourselves . I have seen those who do this
come together in the RIGHT UNITY . But if we heed men they gonna lead us into the wrong unity .
ITS ALL ABOUT THE LOVEY DO today . AND I mean the FALSE LOVEY DO BULL DUNG which , OH YEAH I AM GONNA EXPOSE IT .
Rule number one in amigos school of theology . IF IT CONTRADICTS THE BIBLE , IF IT OFFENDS THAT GOD , THEN DONT DO IT .

1 Corinthians 12:12-19

For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.
15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be?

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.
15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be?
TRUE THIS IS , but even SATANS . YES I SAID SATANS all inclusive social love gospel can lip this . AND YET the direction
they lead folks to under guise of satans version of love and unity IS RIGHT TO HADES .
This lamb aint budging scott . I SHUN the all inclusie unity unity finding common ground bridge builders
alpha course rick warren purpose driven lie , breaking down walls , CRAP TO HADES . ANY and all who have sat under
this ARE BEING DECIEVED . I SHUN IT ALL . ITS TIME WE BIBLE UP . OR be decieved . ITS UP TO EACH ONE .
as for this lamb , GOD IS MY GOD , CHRIST MY CHRIST , THE BIBLE MY BOOK . ALL ELSE GETS TESTED AGAINST THAT .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all catholics are not created equal . BUT ALL , now do take close heed to this , BUT ALL catholics
need to be warned to flee the harlot . lambs dont let folks sit under WHORES .
But if you think me to be wrong lets use some bible to prove this .
I HAVE this against you , YOU ALLOW , ALLOW , simply ALLOW my people to be seduced
by that jezebel . YEAH ITS NOT SIN to warn against that unholy hole of darkness . do forgive the words
but the message does remain , IT AINT SIN TO WARN folks to NOT SIT UNDER HARLOTS and FALSE SEDUCERS .
ITS ACTUALLY SIN NOT TO WARN THEM . Cause GOD began that little speech not with
OH YOU HAVE DONE WELLL that you have hugged all and allowed all to sit under .............
HE SAID I HAVE THIS AGAINST , AGAINST , AGAINST , AGAINST YOU .
NOW WHO wants that . this lamb aint the hater folks thinks me to be . I JUST EXPOSE FALSE DOCTRINE
and THE FALSE WHO TEACH IT . AND NO MAN CAN STOP ME EITHER .

This is not a thread warning the Catholics. If it were, I too would have much to warn them of.

Yet not being that Catholics warning thread--you are chiming in on the wrong bandwagon, and it is wrong to condemn the whole lot as has been done here by the Original Poster.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

THIS LAMB AINT BUDGING and wont be MOVED . My prayers are for the good of all
as are my warnings . I made my choice . GOD drew me to CHRIST and put ONE LOVE FOR HIM ABOVE ALL
even wife , mother father son daughter or any upon my heart . THE BIBLE Is the BOOK i am staying planted in and doing so daily .
MEN decieved the heck out of so many and so many have simply LOVED to have it so .
ON THE DAY OF JESUS CHRIST many will wail . MY DESIRE is rather they come to CHRIST so they wont wail .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a thread warning the Catholics. If it were, I to would have much to warn them of.

Yet not being that Catholics warning thread--you are chiming in on the wrong bandwagon, and it is wrong to condemn the whole lot as has been done here by the Original Poster.
I didnt condemn any of them . All i said was WEDO gotta warn them to come out of that wicked place .
Be encouraged scott . But i have a tremendous sense of urgency . TIME IS SHORT . folks can mock that all
they want too . BUT IT IS SHORT . and my desire isgood for all . THUS with this great sense of urgency
i am gonna continue to exhort and warn all and remind all .
TIME IS SHORT . heck even tomorrow is not gauranteed .
IF a soul dies tonight having rejected JESUS , IT wont like the next place it sees .
AND I JUST DONT want that for folks . SO false places must be exposed in hopes at least some will hear
And all false doctrine that leads astray must be exposed . I aint the monster scott . I SIMPLY DESIRE LIFE and GOOD FOR ALL .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRUE THIS IS , but even SATANS . YES I SAID SATANS all inclusive social love gospel can lip this . AND YET the direction
they lead folks to under guise of satans version of love and unity IS RIGHT TO HADES .
This lamb aint budging scott . I SHUN the all inclusie unity unity finding common ground bridge builders
alpha course rick warren purpose driven lie , breaking down walls , CRAP TO HADES . ANY and all who have sat under
this ARE BEING DECIEVED . I SHUN IT ALL . ITS TIME WE BIBLE UP . OR be decieved . ITS UP TO EACH ONE .
as for this lamb , GOD IS MY GOD , CHRIST MY CHRIST , THE BIBLE MY BOOK . ALL ELSE GETS TESTED AGAINST THAT .

You're venting another issue than the Original Post. But why the fangs regarding what I have not said? Sounds personal.