Jesus said, "Few There Be That Find It" Matthew 7:14.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went to bible college, I also worked with the Billy Graham crusade, and many homeless ministries. I can tell you every church has unbelievers in it. Some more and some less. 100 years ago, it was different. In the 1800's, during the great revival, close to 75% of the USA became born again. Nowadays, close to 30% and these are the baby boomers from the 70" revival. There is a falling away right now. But 25% to 30%.has always been the norm until recently. More are taking the wide road instead of the narrow road; and time is up.
It appears that things are getting worse. The Gospel is no longer being preached. Where there is no Gospel there is no Holy Spirit, where there is no Spirit there is no salvation.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went to bible college, I also worked with the Billy Graham crusade, and many homeless ministries. I can tell you every church has unbelievers in it. Some more and some less. 100 years ago, it was different. In the 1800's, during the great revival, close to 75% of the USA became born again. Nowadays, close to 30% and these are the baby boomers from the 70" revival. There is a falling away right now. But 25% to 30%.has always been the norm until recently. More are taking the wide road instead of the narrow road; and time is up.
Depends on what one thinks "born again" means.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sez WHO? YOU? WHO are YOU to make that claim?
Here is my definition of religion. Man's attempt to do in his flesh what God has ALREADY done in Jesus Christ. You are trying to become righteous. Christ is our righteousness. You are trying to reconcile yourself unto God. Jesus has ALREADY reconciled us and the whole world unto God. You are trying to overcome sin, death and the devil. Jesus has ALREADY defeated sin, death and the devil. It is not possible for you to trust in the work of Christ for your salvation because you don't have faith, instead you have faith in the Catholic church, which cannot save anyone.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is my definition of religion. Man's attempt to do in his flesh what God has ALREADY done in Jesus Christ. You are trying to become righteous. Christ is our righteousness. You are trying to reconcile yourself unto God. Jesus has ALREADY reconciled us and the whole world unto God. You are trying to overcome sin, death and the devil. Jesus has ALREADY defeated sin, death and the devil. It is not possible for you to trust in the work of Christ for your salvation because you don't have faith, instead you have faith in the Catholic church, which cannot save anyone.
LOL! You really think that you don't have a ''religion"? Of COURSE you do! You think you're the ONLY ONE who subscribes to your beliefs? Of COURSE not!

You may not officially belong to any 'church', but you certainly belong to a 'religion'. While there are certain parameters within the 40,000 PLUS "religions", I'm sure that your beliefs are within some of those parameters...

...whether you like it or not.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! You really think that you don't have a ''religion"? Of COURSE you do! You think you're the ONLY ONE who subscribes to your beliefs? Of COURSE not!

You may not officially belong to any 'church', but you certainly belong to a 'religion'. While there are certain parameters within the 40,000 PLUS "religions", I'm sure that your beliefs are within some of those parameters...

Sorry Robert, but you ain't THAT unique...

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have a doctrine, not a religion. I believe the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ, you don't. My faith is in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. Your faith is in yourself and the Catholic church.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as you condemn others who don't believe as you, your so-called 'doctrine' is flawed. You are going by what you've heard or read about the Catholic church...and NOT about what you've learned with an open mind. That is, the mind of Christ.

Apparently, your "church" believes that's it's perfectly o.k. to condemn others who don't believe as you.

The Catholic church doesn't believe that.

You're just another Pharisee, Robert.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as you condemn others who don't believe as you, your so-called 'doctrine' is flawed. You are going by what you've heard or read about the Catholic church...and NOT about what you've learned with an open mind. That is, the mind of Christ.

Apparently, your "church" believes that's it's perfectly o.k. to condemn others who don't believe as you.

I believe what the Bible says, you don't. You have already said that you don't believe Paul. That alone tells me that you are lost.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, Robert is just another Eisegesis defender. And pride is his sin in thinking from that seat he may judge others Exegesis. You will not reach that. Only God shall.

Meanwhile,the history of the RCC is verifiably pagan in origin. Constantine was pagan to his deathbed. Then he converted,in what today is known as Pascal's Wager.

The Vatican's foundation,the structure,is built upon a pagan graveyard.

Francis condemned border walls during Trump's term in office. He did so from behind the border wall of the Holy See.

There is great hypocrisy in that organization.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe what the Bible says, you don't. You have already said that you don't believe Paul. That alone tells me that you are lost.
I NEVER said I don't believe Paul! Please quote ANY of my posts that said I don't believe Paul. I'll wait..............................................................................................................................*drums fingers on table......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
You can't because I never SAID THAT.

You don't believe what the bible says. You only THINK you believe what the bible says, You're a ROGUE of Christianity, one who is outside of Christians.
Even though I'm Catholic, I have feship with those who aren't. We can discuss...even debate...but we don't condemn. Which is something you seem to like to do...

Be GONE Robert Pate...

...Before someone drops a house on you too.....

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Robert is just another Eisegesis defender. And pride is his sin in thinking from that seat he may judge others Exegesis. You will not reach that. Only God shall.

Meanwhile,the history of the RCC is verifiably pagan in origin. Constantine was pagan to his deathbed. Then he converted,in what today is known as Pascal's Wager.

The Vatican's foundation,the structure,is built upon a pagan graveyard.

Francis condemned border walls during Trump's term in office. He did so from behind the border wall of the Holy See.

There is great hypocrisy in that organization.
The Bible condemns the Catholic religion, I don't have to.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I NEVER said I don't believe Paul! Please quote ANY of my posts that said I don't believe Paul. I'll wait..............................................................................................................................*drums fingers on table......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
You can't because I never SAID THAT.

You don't believe what the bible says. You only THINK you believe what the bible says, You're a ROGUE of Christianity, one who is outside of Christians.
Even though I'm Catholic, I have feship with those who aren't. We can discuss...even debate...but we don't condemn. Which is something you seem to like to do...

Be GONE Robert Pate...

...Before someone drops a house on you too.....
You asked me if I was going to believe Jesus or was I going to believe Paul. Implying that Paul was a liar. I tell you what the Bible says and you think that I am condemning you.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All religions are on the broad way. Religion is an indication of the absence of faith.

That would have been a better claim for you to make than to simply and pointedly singling out the Catholics.

As it is, the Catholics include many who are religious, making them not unlike other "denominations"--which is actually what they are, and not their own "religion" per se. I am referring to the fact that regardless of their merits, shortcomings, failures, or even disqualifications, they all (Catholics and Protestant, etc.) are intending to be "Christian"...as opposed to some other "religion" of a lesser god.

In other words, your thread is diminished and made less legitimate by your imposed pet peeve against the Catholics.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would have been a better claim for you to make than to simply and pointedly singling out the Catholics.

As it is, the Catholics include many who are religious, making them not unlike other "denominations"--which is actually what they are, and not their own "religion" per se. I am referring to the fact that regardless of their merits, shortcomings, failures, or even disqualifications, they all (Catholics and Protestant, etc.) are intending to be "Christian"...as opposed to some other "religion" of a lesser god.

In other words, your thread is diminished and made less legitimate by your imposed pet peeve against the Catholics.
I don't have a pet peeve against anyone. When I quote scripture that opposes Catholicism you and others think that I am picking on them. It is not just Catholics that are on the broad road to hell it's all religions that oppose the Gospel and justification by faith. No one will enter heaven that is not trusting in Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will not find the truth in organized religion.

This would make a great thread topic of its own. Not that it's true, but rather because it is not true and yet would appear to be, therefore it should be clarified.

On the contrary, with in many if not most "Christian" denominations that tend to be more "religious" and less Spirit-connected, you will indeed find the truth, if only in part. The problem is, they/many have not discerned the truth spiritually and alternatively have adopted another (likely false) doctrine based on the foolish understandings and misinterpretations of the natural man.

In which case, many religious "Christian" denominations are like the Dead Sea Scrolls, offering only fragments of scripture still subject to spiritual blindness in the hands of the blind, in spite of the fact that some are well intended.

But it goes well beyond that. First--there is nothing wrong with having different denominations...just as there is nothing wrong with having different spiritual gifts. Heaven forbid! No, in fact it is entirely intentional that we are a body of many [different] members, each being of value to the coming together of the One body of Christ. The eye is not to be like the foot, and so on. It is not written that all be the same, but rather that each contribute their own part according of a spiritual body unto Christ.