Jesus talks about the coming destruction of Jerusalem

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Sharing to all who may come by)

God's wrath was poured out on the nation of Israel for killing his son... in 70 AD

Here some writers to consider to possibly learn about more of the inter-testimonial time in the early ADS.

Check out Josephus, Suetonius, Tacticus, and there is one more writer Cassio Dio.

The Beast - > = Nero Ceaser 666 616. - Revelation.

“While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people dropping their gifts in the collection box.

Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two small coins. “I tell you the truth,” Jesus said, “this poor widow has given more than all the rest of them.

For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she has.”

Some of his disciples began talking about the majestic stonework of the Temple and the memorial decorations on the walls.

But Jesus said, “The time is coming when all these things will be completely demolished. Not one stone will be left on top of another!”

“Teacher,” they asked, “when will all this happen? What sign will show us that these things are about to take place?”

He replied, “Don’t let anyone mislead you, for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and saying, ‘The time has come!’ But don’t believe them.

And when you hear of wars and insurrections, don’t panic.

Yes, these things must take place first, but the end won’t follow immediately.” Then he added, “Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes, and there will be famines and plagues in many lands, and there will be terrifying things and great miraculous signs from heaven.

“But before all this occurs, there will be a time of great persecution. You will be dragged into synagogues and prisons, and you will stand trial before kings and governors because you are my followers.

But this will be your opportunity to tell them about me. So don’t worry in advance about how to answer the charges against you, for I will give you the right words and such wisdom that none of your opponents will be able to reply or refute you!

Even those closest to you—your parents, brothers, relatives, and friends—will betray you. They will even kill some of you.

And everyone will hate you because you are my followers. But not a hair of your head will perish!

By standing firm, you will win your souls. “And when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then you will know that the time of its destruction has arrived.

Then those in Judea must flee to the hills. Those in Jerusalem must get out, and those out in the country should not return to the city.

For those will be days of God’s vengeance, and the prophetic words of the Scriptures will be fulfilled.

How terrible it will be for pregnant women and for nursing mothers in those days. For there will be disaster in the land and great anger against this people.

They will be killed by the sword or sent away as captives to all the nations of the world.

And Jerusalem will be trampled down by the Gentiles until the period of the Gentiles comes to an end.

“And there will be strange signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides.

People will be terrified at what they see coming upon the earth, for the powers in the heavens will be shaken.

Then everyone will see the Son of Man coming on a cloud with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand and look up, for your salvation is near!”

Then he gave them this illustration: “Notice the fig tree, or any other tree. When the leaves come out, you know without being told that summer is near.

In the same way, when you see all these things taking place, you can know that the Kingdom of God is near.

I tell you the truth, this generation will not pass from the scene until all these things have taken place.

Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear. “Watch out! Don’t let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life.

Don’t let that day catch you unaware, like a trap.

For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth (the economy at the time). Keep alert at all times. And pray that you might be strong enough to escape these coming horrors and stand before the Son of Man.”

Every day Jesus went to the Temple to teach, and each evening he returned to spend the night on the Mount of Olives. The crowds gathered at the Temple early each morning to hear him.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭21:1-38‬ ‭NLT‬‬
Luke 21:1-38 While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people dropping their gifts in the collection box. Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two small coins. “I tell you the truth,” Jesus said, “thi | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people dropping their gifts in the collection box.

Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two small coins. “I tell you the truth,” Jesus said, “this poor widow has given more than all the rest of them.

For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she has.”

Some of his disciples began talking about the majestic stonework of the Temple and the memorial decorations on the walls.

But Jesus said, “The time is coming when all these things will be completely demolished. Not one stone will be left on top of another!”

“Teacher,” they asked, “when will all this happen? What sign will show us that these things are about to take place?”

He replied, “Don’t let anyone mislead you, for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and saying, ‘The time has come!’ But don’t believe them.

And when you hear of wars and insurrections, don’t panic.

Yes, these things must take place first, but the end won’t follow immediately.” Then he added, “Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes, and there will be famines and plagues in many lands, and there will be terrifying things and great miraculous signs from heaven.

“But before all this occurs, there will be a time of great persecution. You will be dragged into synagogues and prisons, and you will stand trial before kings and governors because you are my followers.

But this will be your opportunity to tell them about me. So don’t worry in advance about how to answer the charges against you, for I will give you the right words and such wisdom that none of your opponents will be able to reply or refute you!

Even those closest to you—your parents, brothers, relatives, and friends—will betray you. They will even kill some of you.

And everyone will hate you because you are my followers. But not a hair of your head will perish!

By standing firm, you will win your souls. “And when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then you will know that the time of its destruction has arrived.

Then those in Judea must flee to the hills. Those in Jerusalem must get out, and those out in the country should not return to the city.

For those will be days of God’s vengeance, and the prophetic words of the Scriptures will be fulfilled.

How terrible it will be for pregnant women and for nursing mothers in those days. For there will be disaster in the land and great anger against this people.

They will be killed by the sword or sent away as captives to all the nations of the world.

And Jerusalem will be trampled down by the Gentiles until the period of the Gentiles comes to an end.

“And there will be strange signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides.

People will be terrified at what they see coming upon the earth, for the powers in the heavens will be shaken.

Then everyone will see the Son of Man coming on a cloud with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand and look up, for your salvation is near!”

Then he gave them this illustration: “Notice the fig tree, or any other tree. When the leaves come out, you know without being told that summer is near.

In the same way, when you see all these things taking place, you can know that the Kingdom of God is near.

I tell you the truth, this generation will not pass from the scene until all these things have taken place.

Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear. “Watch out! Don’t let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life.

Don’t let that day catch you unaware, like a trap.

For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth (the economy at the time). Keep alert at all times. And pray that you might be strong enough to escape these coming horrors and stand before the Son of Man.”

Every day Jesus went to the Temple to teach, and each evening he returned to spend the night on the Mount of Olives. The crowds gathered at the Temple early each morning to hear him.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭21:1-38‬ ‭NLT‬‬
Luke 21:1-38 While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people dropping their gifts in the collection box. Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two small coins. “I tell you the truth,” Jesus said, “thi | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

The part of the prophecy that was for the destruction of Jerusalem was fulfilled in 70 CE Matt. The part undergoing fulfillment today will encompass the entire populace of the world. Soon Jesus will return and remove all Kingdoms of this world.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe so. The spiritual kingdom of God isn’t going away, and there will people who come to faith and stick to the course and will be able to see their reward after this life and May have access to going to the heavenly Jerusalem.

I don’t see why people need this world eradicated… God through Christ reconciled the world to himself according to scripture, and Jesus (died paying for sin), resurrected three days later… the wrath of God was poured out the nation “which was chosen by God” of Israel.

Thus I do understand that naturally all human beings are capable of doing evil from this heart, and they are hoping to see Jesus coming and restore some type of order back the world…

He did that by paying for sin… God took out all material religion when he poured out his wrath…

On those who killed his son… I don’t understand why people don’t get this.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would one expect from God who loaned out the vineyard… and sent prophets to it and those inside killed the prophets and then God sent his own son, and the killed him.

What would expect the owner of the vineyard to do?

Destroy them for what they had done, they had become so callous in their hearts they worshiped idols just like when the Israelites had seen and witnessed in Egypt.

Jerusalem has become spiritually Egypt… corrupted… so what was there left to do but in 70 ad after 40 years for the generation to come to see and witness the downfall of Jerusalem forever…

Oh they can try to build a third temple or whatever… good luck due to so much information in Jerusalem being burned up and away we don’t even have the complete original manuscripts other than copies.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Tough times ahead yet for Jerusalem; then returns the king to sit on his father David’s throne there.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just desire to share one more time

On Fulfilled Eschatology: When Jesus talks in Matthew 24: There is Joshepus, Cornelius Tacitus, Cassius Dio, Suetonius

Are 4 sources that confirm everything that Jesus had said as having had happened. It is difficult to take the time to study these things.

God bless.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Sharing to all who may come by)

God's wrath was poured out on the nation of Israel for killing his son... in 70 AD

What Jesus said in His Olivet discourse about not one stone atop another standing is a Sign He was giving about the END of this world, not the destruction of the temple by the Romans in 70 A.D.

How can we know that?

Because when Jesus commanded to learn the parable of the fig tree, He pointed to the generation that SEES ALL THESE THINGS, and said that generation will NOT PASS UNTIL ALL THESE THINGS happen.

So one cannot cherry pick the Signs He gave in His Olivet discourse of Matthew 24 and Mark 13 and say some of them were history, while others were not. Those Signs He gave are the Seals of Revelation 6, and the order of His Olivet Signs follow the order of those Seals.

Reactions: ChristisGod

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Jesus said in His Olivet discourse about not one stone atop another standing is a Sign He was giving about the END of this world, not the destruction of the temple by the Romans in 70 A.D.

How can we know that?

Because when Jesus commanded to learn the parable of the fig tree, He pointed to the generation that SEES ALL THESE THINGS, and said that generation will NOT PASS UNTIL ALL THESE THINGS happen.

So one cannot cherry pick the Signs He gave in His Olivet discourse of Matthew 24 and Mark 13 and say some of them were history, while others were not. Those Signs He gave are the Seals of Revelation 6, and the order of His Olivet Signs follow the order of those Seals.

The king James says world but really it is Age.

That former economy was going to be destroyed that relied solely on the Law and they rejected Christ.

However people believe whatever they want and that is okay, it’s because of traditional teachings and things that this tends to happen.

I wont knock people around for it, it just your believe system.

I can’t teach anything here, not effectively as I could if I studied the Bible verse by verse even looking into the Greek.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The king James says world but really it is Age.

That's word fallacy. Doesn't matter because that Greek word there can be translated to mean an age or world. We are at present in the 2nd world earth age, so how do you like that phrase, because it's very accurate per 2 Peter 3. What you have succumbed to is a weak excuse from men's leaven doctrines to try and push events of Matthew 24 and Mark 13 back to 70 A.D., to serve either the seminary doctrines of Preterism, or Historicism. Both of those views support the erroneous idea that Christ's Olivet discourse is history.

Oh yeah, there are quite a few Bible versions that also translated that Greek word aion to "world" in that Matthew 24:3 verse, like the NLT, ASV, Douay-Rheims, Bible in Basic English, God's Word Translation, Noah Webster's Bible (1833). So there's no need to single out the good ole' 1611 King James Bible as if it were a bad English translation when it is probably still the best English translation to date...

For those interested, I recommend watching the scholarly documentary on YouTube called Bridge to Babylon, of how the higher critics have been attacking the Received Texts used for earlier New Testament Bible versions, of which the KJV is only one of those many previous translations using those same Greek Received Texts which make up the majority of NT Greek manuscripts.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry if you have a problem with those views.

The word for it is indeed age atleast according to Young’s literal translation.

I can’t teach here… those books you are quoting all need to stay in context with verse by verse study to get a bigger picture of everything, I don’t care much for trying to systematically put the Bible together but I probably do it without realizing it, and hope I am being lead by the spirit @Davy.

I don’t have a problem if you believe Jesus I still coming back… I just believe he already had done it.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if you would like you could say “the end of their world” what they knew and understood.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry if you have a problem with those views.

The word for it is indeed age atleast according to Young’s literal translation.

I can’t teach here… those books you are quoting all need to stay in context with verse by verse study to get a bigger picture of everything, I don’t care much for trying to systematically put the Bible together but I probably do it without realizing it, and hope I am being lead by the spirit @Davy.

I don’t have a problem if you believe Jesus I still coming back… I just believe he already had done it.

There's actually other NT Bible version that also use the word "age", but that single word does NOT determine the context of the disciple's question in Matthew 24:3, nor with Jesus' answer to them with giving them the seven main Signs of the end of this world.

I know that the YLT, ESV, NKJV, Goodspeed, Lexham, New Heart English, Darby Bible, Weymouth Bible, World English Bible, etc., translate it to "age". That still does not prove the seminary doctrines of Preterism and Historicism, which are the main doctrines of men today that push the idea you presented about 70 A.D.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally fine brother.

Not everyone has to line up with your thinking though is my main point.

God bless you sir, and I love you!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Freedom is highly important to me personally. For all people.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if you would like you could say “the end of their world” what they knew and understood.

Uh, nope! Simply because Christ's disciples there showed by their question (and Jesus' answer), that they understood... He was pointing to the end of this world, and not simply just to their days.

So like I said, simply look at the Signs Jesus gave them there in answer to their question. Can't you do that?

And what kind of Signs was Jesus giving there? Did you notice the last Sign He gave there is about the day of His future return and gathering of His saints? Do you believe that happened in the days of His Apostles?

Reactions: ChristisGod

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally fine brother.

Not everyone has to line up with your thinking though is my main point.

God bless you sir, and I love you!

You shouldn't have said that. That is a MOCKING.

I covered the actual Scripture as written, and even explained the context of Jesus' answer to their question, and you believe that is just MY thinking?

No, your 'type' comes to Christian forums all the time pushing ideas you don't have a clue about, things you heard from some preacher that God did not call that wears a nice suit, speaks sweet and softly, and deludes the congregation with their thinking he knows what he's talking about, when all he's doing is following a line of bull he learned at some seminary of men!

Folks like you that come here to push their junk are nothing but deceived errand boys. And you know just where you can stick your Mocking against me too.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t see my comment as mocking, it just simply is true brother. Why, get upset just because someone says that not everyone lines up with one’s way of thinking?

Believe me when I say I am not mocking you.

I don’t know you personally or what you been through but I wouldn’t never try to put you down, just because I do believe Jesus Christ came already doesn’t mean we need to be mean to each other.

The most important is we love God and love others.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also don’t think you are stupid or uneducated.

Nor do I believe anyone on this website is stupid.

God bless you brother.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

What rubbish. From 4 BC the nation of Israel has been experiencing the visitation of the iniquities of the fathers during the first and second age of their existence and this visitation of their iniquities would span the third and the fourth age of their existence.

Israel will not be gathered back to God until the fourth age has run its due course. This is what we are observing has and still is happening to Israel.

Jesus promised that if they caused the temple to be destroyed, by them, that He would cause the Temple to be raised up again at the end of tree Days of the Lord.

Paul, in Romans 11:25-26 wrote that after the fullness of the Gentiles had run its course over the 2,300 years prophesied time period, that all of Israel will be saved/redeemed. The time of the Gentiles still has just over two decades to run before the time of the Gentiles has reached it completion.

Remember that God was not in the Return of some of the tribes of Judah, namely Judah, to the land of Canaan in 1948, but their return in their own strength to the Land of Canaan was a sign that Jesus referenced to tell us when the end of this present age would end.

Jerusalem and the Temple was not destroyed in 70 AD because the had Jesus crucified, they were destroyed because of their continual idolatrous worship, but to remove Israel's access to the Temple to offer up sacrifices unto the Lord because of their continual sinning in worshipping idols instead of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Oh well, let us see if Israel is Gathered to God where they are presently living and are planted in the fertile field of the servant Israel, and are taught on the significance of the mountain of the servant Israel which will become the largest religion in all of the earth during the last Age.

Shalom

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A letter written to the 7 Churches.

This was the bride in that day in age.

“And I heard how many were marked with the seal of God—144,000 were sealed from all the tribes of Israel: from Judah 12,000 from Reuben 12,000 from Gad 12,000 from Asher 12,000 from Naphtali 12,000 from Manasseh 12,000 from Simeon 12,000 from Levi 12,000 from Issachar 12,000 from Zebulun 12,000 from Joseph 12,000 from Benjamin 12,000”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭7:4-8‬ ‭NLT‬‬
Revelation 7:4-8 And I heard how many were marked with the seal of God—144,000 were sealed from all the tribes of Israel: from Judah 12,000 from Reuben 12,000 from Gad 12,000 from Asher 12,000 from Naphtali 12,000 fr | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now