JESUS: The End of All Laws, Rules, Commandments and Religions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what is the new covenant . what was it all about .
Lets read some bible .
And i shall make a new covenant with them , i shall write my laws upon their hearts and in their minds .
You see for finding fault WITH THEM He did bring a new covenant .
Only It aint quite what most folks who love sin be thinking it is or was .
The law will never justify us , that be a fact . It can and does show us the great dire need we have IN CHRIST
for all have sinned , all have fallen short .
BUT JESUS AINT no ministir o sin either . MANY folks do not know the CHRIST of GOD
nor understand the totality of the new covenant at all .
JESUS came to set us free . FREE FROM WHAT .....................................GO YE AND LEARN THAT too .
The New Covenant is a declaration from God that his Son Jesus Christ has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and now sits in heaven as the "King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. And that all that have faith in him are complete in him, Colossians 2:10. No laws, rules or religion needed.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's been a long, difficult day, and I have nine more messages to respond to.
Imagine how many alerts I get. - LOL
And I am responding with a bandaged right hand.
But, if you've had enough, you've had enough. I get it.
Get some well-earned rest, my brother.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Covenant is a declaration from God that his Son Jesus Christ has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and now sits in heaven as the "King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. And that all that have faith in him are complete in him, Colossians 2:10. No laws, rules or religion needed.
Just BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS , that be the message . Yet its the very message
that most folks are now pushing aside as they find common ground the muslims and other religoins .
Finding common ground is the golden bull now .
We better know the TRUE JESUS CHRIST is all i can say .
Cause many within even christendom now follow another version , another love has seduced them and taken hold
upon their hearts . Biblical reminders and correction have long been kicked out
for a love which hollers daily judge not , AS IT JUDGES BIG TIME those who actually do point to Christ and all sound doctrine .
We got problems Roberto and its high time folks wake up and heed the call
to come out from under this delusional inclusive false love for unity and common ground .
Cause it just keeps leading them into more acceptance of darkness and more hatred against TRUTH .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feast daily upon scripture .
We have all we NEED IN CHRIST JESUS . only folks better make sure IT IS CHRIST JESUS they do have thier faith
hope and trust in my friend . Cause i sure see another jesus getting embraced by so many now .
A jesus that seems to holler JUDGE NOT unto any and all who even try and correct sin within the church .
A jesus and a love that seems rather to be more concerned about acceptance , unity ,
only it aint unity under GOD , HIS CHRIST . The mantra of inclusive love many do bow to these days .
Only most think its coming from GOD . IT AINT , but rather from HE who desired and desires to be AS GOD .
And anytime a man dares to even warn and correct those in the church
THEIR SONG BEGINS as they holler as one , GOD IS LOVE , DJ SPIN THAT ..............
and dont judge , dont judge , dont judge can be heard .............................
Just remember when CORRECTION or any original pattern that was set and given the church by CHRIST
and the apostels , starts taking a back seat , PREPARE TO WATCH THINE OWN CHURCH FALL and any and all who do so .

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not about being justified. It's about staying out of trouble. If you steal, commit adultery, bear false witness, or murder, you're going to get into trouble.
Yes, much of "God's law" of human conscience is written in the Ten Commandments.
With the exception of the Sabbath, that was ONLY given to Israel. See Deuteronomy 6:3
Anyone who claims we are under "the law" has another 600+ laws to keep.

@BarneyFife

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He can remind us of the words in the Bible, if we've read the Bible. And if we haven't read the Bible, I'm sure there are other ways he can warn us of the danger involved if we commit these acts.
Right. Like with out God-given human conscience, as I have been saying all along.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5
17“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Jesus explained what he meant after his resurrection. It's not about law.

Luke 24:44 NIV
He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you:
Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus explained
Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

And He did...He fulfilled it ALL, so that we can be released from it, and enter God's GRACE..

The born again... are .. "Not under the Law, but Under Grace".

"Christ is the END OF THE LAW.....for RIGHTEOUSNESS = To/For everyone who BELIEVES"..

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sabbath commandment is listed with the other 9 moral imperatives on tables of stone written by the finger of God
Assuming that the TCs were "engraved in letters on stone", here's what the Apostle says about them.
The transitory ministry of condemnation and death that has no glory now. The letter kills, the Spiirt gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:6-11 NIV
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—
not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone,
came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,
8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?
9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!
10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory.
11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say this because, although I've had very pleasant interaction with you before (I do remember our brief chat about the broader concepts of universalism, btw), I can't help feeling like "I wonder how offensive this is going to come across" with every line I type.
No worries, I still love you.
I always want to hear someone out. You have restrained yourself until now.
And frankly, you make some interesting points.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but I tend to reject theories that can't be explained to a child.
Perhaps I was over complicating things, but I WAS explaining to adults, the majority of whom STILL don't understand.

Here's how it works children.
God gave the Ten Commandments to the Israelites through Moses.
The penalty for not obeying the Ten Commandments was death.
Jesus came to pay the death penalty for everyone.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus came to pay the death penalty for everyone.

God's holiness requires judgment against all sin.

The problem for us, is... "all have sinned"..

So, God came here, to take the judgement due us for ETERNITY, for our sin, upon Himself.

God became one of us, to die for all of us.

= Jesus paid for all sin... "Jesus is the one time ETERNAL SACRIFICE for Sin".

READ THIS : 2nd Corinthians 5:19

End result?

If you believe in Jesus and are born again, then the judgment do you for your sinful LIFE, has fallen on Jesus, and now you have Eternal Life, instead.

Give God Thanks.
Give Jesus Praise.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Assuming that the TCs were "engraved in letters on stone", here's what the Apostle says about them.
The transitory ministry of condemnation and death that has no glory now. The letter kills, the Spiirt gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:6-11 NIV
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—
not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone,
came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,
8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?
9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!
10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory.
11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!
Here's why.
You honestly don't think that bears any distinction from "handwriting of ordinances that was against us?"
Yes, I do. Reason quoted above.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sabbath commandment is listed with the other 9 moral imperatives on tables of stone written by the finger of God that He says in Deu 5:29 if taken to heart will impart wellness to us and to our children forever.
Wait... "... will impart wellness to us and to our children forever"?

When?
When they enter the Promised Land.
Who?
The Israelites.

Deuteronomy 5:28-31 NIV
The Lord heard you when you spoke to me, and the Lord said to me,
“I have heard what this people said to you. Everything they said was good.
29 Oh, that their hearts would be inclined to fear me and keep all my commands always,
so that it might go well with them and their children forever!
30 “Go, tell them to return to their tents.
31 But you stay here with me so that I may give you all the commands,
decrees and laws you are to teach them to follow in the land I am giving them to possess.”

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sabbath commandment is listed with the other 9 moral imperatives...
Do you believe that the Sabbath commandment is a moral imperative?

And the term Sabbath has a range of meaning as interpreted by different folk.
Most Christians claim it mean Sunday worship. I know better than that.
Sunday worship is NOT Sabbath-keeping. IMO

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does applying the correct label to them help to determine whether we ought to obey them or not?

1694542139252.png

hey just a friendly reminder to beware the unity love do churches who do all now to find common ground .
Ya might want to see what the heck is NOW going on in more and more places .
HEY barns , ol amigo wasnt crazy nor a hater . by grace ol amigo was right .
NOW we see the mormons and baptists and others FINDING COMMON GROUND with the muslims and other false religoins too .
SEE it was not just about gathering the faiths within CHRISTENDOM under the harlot
but gathering all RELIGOINS TO MERGE AS ONE . TRIED TO TELL YA my friend . I SHUN the all inclusive love common ground
SATANIC LIE TO HELL barney . Maybe now you will see why , why for so long , for so very long
i have been warning out against it .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LIES from hell are being fast bought up by our own churches as more and more merge under the idea
the prophet muhammed and other religoins had and have the light of GOD in them too .
YALL SOLD OUT . ANYONE WHO BUYS these lies HAVE SOLD JESUS CHRIST OUT .

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine how many alerts I get. - LOL
And I am responding with a bandaged right hand.
But, if you've had enough, you've had enough. I get it.
Get some well-earned rest, my brother.
Thanks - I needed a bit of time to catch up. And today is another busy day. Tomorrow might be busy, also.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, much of "God's law" of human conscience is written in the Ten Commandments.
With the exception of the Sabbath, that was ONLY given to Israel. See Deuteronomy 6:3
Anyone who claims we are under "the law" has another 600+ laws to keep.

@BarneyFife
It depends on how you define "law." Not everything God said was law. There are ordinances, statutes, decrees, and testimonies. When asked how one might gain eternal life, Jesus didn't say, "Obey 600+ laws." He mentioned only a few commandments.

But people are missing the point. It's about staying out of trouble: Don't steal, murder, bear false witness, or commit adultery.