JESUS, the Holy Spirit, the Only True God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong.

Nope, not answering your questions, you don't have enough Biblical acumen at this point in your journey to justify answering you.
ok, then you can explain, let's hear your take on the scriptures. .... (smile),

the floor is yours.

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

YOU SAY.... (smile).

I know, you said JESUS is the YHWH, and YHWH is "I" one person. and the scriptures are clear to that fact. and the scriptures states clearly that the YHWH is the Father. and the scriptures clearly states that Jesus is the Son, which the scriptures states.

so if anyone disagrees with the scriptures then they are lying, plain and simple.

PICJAG.
Scripture does not say YAHWEH is one person. It says he is One Lord.

“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:” (Deuteronomy 6:4) (KJV 1900)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All those who has the ability to make good judgments and quick decisions, please reconcicle John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24.

The floor is open

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

All those who has the ability to make good judgments and quick decisions, please reconcicle John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24.

The floor is open

PICJAG.
Suggesting this in this context shows your lack of understanding.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you understand the trinity, and the incarnate Son, it makes perfect sense.
according to the bible, or you.... so put your explination on the table and let's examine it by the Word of God.

as said, you have the floor.

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

so you grasp it?

why not share with the rest of us, whay keep it all to yourself... (smile).

we're waiting.

PICJAG.
We've been sharing it. Read the Symbol of Chalcedon (above) for a precise statement on this.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when we survey the Bible, we see that God is not play-acting as three distinct persons; instead, he is made up of three distinct persons. For instance, Jesus prayed directly to the Father as a separate being (Mt. 11:27; 26:39; Jn. 14:16-17). We can hardly make sense of the “high priestly prayer” unless the Father and Son are separate persons (Jn. 17). Elsewhere, Jesus spoke of the Father and the Holy Spirit as distinct from himself (Lk. 11:13; Jn. 14:26; 15:26). Jesus told us to baptize new believers “in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit” (Mt. 28:19). Paul spoke of all three persons of the Trinity, when he wrote, “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all” (2 Cor. 13:14). Likewise, Peter wrote, “God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood” (1 Pet. 1:2). 14:26). At Jesus’ baptism, we read, “[Jesus] saw the heavens opening, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon Him; 11 and a voice came out of the heavens: ‘You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased’” (Mk. 1:10-11).[4]

While the three persons are distinct and separate centers of consciousness, they also agree with one another in their decisions and actions. We see this in the creation of the universe (Gen. 1:1-2; Jn. 1:1-3), Jesus’ resurrection (Gal. 1:1; Acts 2:24, 32; Rom. 1:4; Jn. 2:19; 10:18), and the indwelling of believers (John 14:16, 18, 23; Rom 8:9).

Defending the Trinity | Evidence Unseen

Reactions: Dave L
D

Dave L

according to the bible, or you.... so put your explination on the table and let's examine it by the Word of God.

as said, you have the floor.

PICJAG.
Lets talk color to a blind man too.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've been sharing it. Read the Symbol of Chalcedon (above) for a precise statement on this.
that's the problem dave what you have share don't line up wiht the word of God.

now you said JESUS =YHWH.

YHWH = LORD, who is the almighty, who is the Father. so are you saying that the Father is JESUS yes or No?.

PICJAG,

D

Dave L

YHWH = LORD, who is the almighty, who is the Father. so are you saying that the Father is JESUS yes or No?.

PICJAG,
Prove it wrong.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PICJAG,
OBJECTION #2: “If the Father is identical to God and the Son is identical to God, then doesn’t it logically follow that the Father is identical to the Son?”
If this statement is true, we could quickly get into theological trouble. For instance, the Father did not die for sins. The Son did. It was not the Son, who poured out wrath at the Cross. It was the Father. How then do we answer this conundrum?

In order to answer this objection, we need to distinguish between the identity and the property of God. The three members of the Trinity are separate in identity, but they are the same in property. For example, I am identical to a human being, and my father is identical to a human being. But I am not identical to my father. We are the same in property (i.e. humanness), but separate in identity (i.e. father and son). Of course, this analogy fails because we are not one in being (as God the Father and God the Son are one in being), but hopefully it helps to distinguish identity from property regarding this objection.

Reactions: Dave L

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when we survey the Bible, we see that God is not play-acting as three distinct persons; instead, he is made up of three distinct persons. For instance, Jesus prayed directly to the Father as a separate being (Mt. 11:27; 26:39; Jn. 14:16-17). We can hardly make sense of the “high priestly prayer” unless the Father and Son are separate persons (Jn. 17). Elsewhere, Jesus spoke of the Father and the Holy Spirit as distinct from himself (Lk. 11:13; Jn. 14:26; 15:26). Jesus told us to baptize new believers “in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit” (Mt. 28:19). Paul spoke of all three persons of the Trinity, when he wrote, “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all” (2 Cor. 13:14). Likewise, Peter wrote, “God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood” (1 Pet. 1:2). 14:26). At Jesus’ baptism, we read, “[Jesus] saw the heavens opening, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon Him; 11 and a voice came out of the heavens: ‘You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased’” (Mk. 1:10-11).[4]

While the three persons are distinct and separate centers of consciousness, they also agree with one another in their decisions and actions. We see this in the creation of the universe (Gen. 1:1-2; Jn. 1:1-3), Jesus’ resurrection (Gal. 1:1; Acts 2:24, 32; Rom. 1:4; Jn. 2:19; 10:18), and the indwelling of believers (John 14:16, 18, 23; Rom 8:9).

first thanks for the reply, second, let's put to the test what you said, reconcicle John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24.

that should put this to an end..... the floor is yours.

PICJAG./

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OBJECTION #2: “If the Father is identical to God and the Son is identical to God, then doesn’t it logically follow that the Father is identical to the Son?”
If this statement is true, we could quickly get into theological trouble. For instance, the Father did not die for sins. The Son did. It was not the Son, who poured out wrath at the Cross. It was the Father. How then do we answer this conundrum?

In order to answer this objection, we need to distinguish between the identity and the property of God. The three members of the Trinity are separate in identity, but they are the same in property. For example, I am identical to a human being, and my father is identical to a human being. But I am not identical to my father. We are the same in property (i.e. humanness), but separate in identity (i.e. father and son). Of course, this analogy fails because we are not one in being (as God the Father and God the Son are one in being), but hopefully it helps to distinguish identity from property regarding this objection.

you can get into theological trouble, not us... (smile). like we said, you can end all of this by just reconciling John 1:3 with Isaiah 44:24.

see, we can stand on God word wothout any theological trouble.

now can you reconcicle John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24?

PICJAG.