JESUS, the Holy Spirit, the Only True God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People, People, People, Revelation is symbolic, unless stated not so.

One of the best as strongest weapon of the Enemy ...."Keep 'em thinking in a straight line , then they will miss the depth of the message.'

The Bible is a spiritual book, which is spiritually understood .

Reactions: Taken

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greek: θειότης
Transliteration: theiotēs
Pronunciation: thi-ot'-ace
Definition: From G2304; divinity (abstractly): - godhead.
KJV Usage: Godhead

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What does th natural man see that’s a clear image of the Godhead?

Romans 1:20
" For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."

Reactions: amadeus and Taken

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So 101 says I’m not intelligent enough and it sounds as if you say I don’t have the Holy Spirit. I’d love to hear some more answers.
Thanks

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 14:18-21 KJV
[18] And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused. [19] And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused. [20] And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come. [21] So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.

Tecarta Bible PremiumThey all forsake fellowship. Who in Romans are without excuse? Who are THEY

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s something that clearly in nature that clearly shows the Godhead, so on that day he points to it and says your not excused. I was clearly seen

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do appreciate 101 attempts to answer my question. I believe he’s the only one who tried. Am I misunderstanding God saying even the natural man sees his God head?

Everything has an order, and then you have to know, every man is different, to what they decide and how the order applies to them.
When men speak in general, it is usually general and thus the order gets blurred, or things not mentioned.

Personally, I like precise exact order for myself, of what, when, why, Scripture applies to me or doesn't apply to me..... And it can be totally different for others...

"Even the natural man sees his God'?

Natural EYES, can not SEE God.
Natural EYES, can SEE a representation of God, or FEEL the Presence of God.

God is not a Dove, or burning bush, or Cloud, or human man, or angel.........But God Can APPEAR as those things, a man can look upon and KNOW it is Gods Presence.

A natural man CAN LEARN ABOUT GOD in Scripture....however the Understanding of Gods Word, (according TO God) is given a man BY God Himself....And only to the man WHO is Converted....Thus we find millions of men, wanting the understanding....BEFORE...they believe....and it is a FAIL. Satan knows the Scriptures, but has not the understanding. Jews know the Scriptures, but have not the understanding.
Many Christians know the Scriptures, but have not the understanding.....(and are famous for making up their own conclusions, which the Greeks were famous for doing via Philosophers, and that carries over to today.)

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[18] And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused. [19] And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused. [20] And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come. [21] So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.

Tecarta Bible PremiumThey all forsake fellowship. Who in Romans are without excuse? Who are THEY

EVERYONE. (Except those with a childs mind incapable of reasoning).

When this was written, 4,000 years of mankind had come and gone...whether or not men believed in God, God was secret. People spoke of God, taught God, probably even you were saying God before you knew what that was.

Everyone has heard, seen, the wonders of God....oceans, mammoth animals, stars, moon, sun, wind, rain, snow, mountains, animals, etc. etc. and WHO has claimed to create and make these things? And who in now 6,000 years proved otherswise, that they can create an earth, a moon, a sun?

We all have a choice, to believe...or not.
And for our choices, there is like in any choices we made....A consequence...
Sometimes a consequence we like, sometimes not.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So 101 says I’m not intelligent enough and it sounds as if you say I don’t have the Holy Spirit. I’d love to hear some more answers.
Thanks

That I say you do not? How so?

There is a huge difference between Having the Holy Spirit and relying on the Holy Spirit.

God Bless,
Taken

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

There is a huge difference between Having the Holy Spirit and relying on the Holy Spirit.

God Bless,
Taken
All born again believers are indwelt, as Romans 8 makes it clear. But yes we do need to be filled with the Spirit.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All born again believers are indwelt, as Romans 8 makes it clear. But yes we do need to be filled with the Spirit.

Same things ^ and then the relying on...king David my fav example..a man after Gods own Heart.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Pisteuo

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Same things ^ and then the relying on...king David my fav example..a man after Gods own Heart.

God Bless,
Taken
Well, he lived before Pentecost, anyway, so it wouldn't have been indwelling in the same sense as born again believers in the church. (My understanding is dispensational.)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, he lived before Pentecost, anyway, so it wouldn't have been indwelling in the same sense as born again believers in the church. (My understanding is dispensational.)

I was speaking specifically of David relying...not Indwelling.

Dispensational ... ok whatever that means.

I favor Gods understanding.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Pisteuo

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Maybe a moral is that those with spiritual privileges are more responsible if they neglect those privileges...

D

Dave L

God Bless,
Taken
How is one born again? How do they receive the Holy Spirit?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all

I don't care how the angel informed John...what I focus on is Who was told to write, and What he Wrote, and is approved by God.
you don't CARE? ....... yes the angel informed John and he wrote, but did John understood all he wrote? no. Revelation 19:12 "His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself". well John wrote it but didn't know, and then there is it for those to recieve it.

Revelation 2:17 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it".

or like who the letter is from, today many don't know who the letter is from. or who sent it.

and three becasuse it is written and approved by God one need to "understand" that which was written.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the best as strongest weapon of the Enemy ...."Keep 'em thinking in a straight line , then they will miss the depth of the message.'

The Bible is a spiritual book, which is spiritually understood .
BG I like that, "straight Line", and keep 'em "THINKING"... (smile). we got some aristotle.

PICJAG.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is one born again? How do they receive the Holy Spirit?

By the questions you ask, sounds like you need a teacher for babes. Start with a toddler bible and a teacher who can work one on one with you in person.

I am more interested in discussing Scripture with those who have already laid down the bottle.

Glory to God,
Taken

D

Dave L

By the questions you ask, sounds like you need a teacher for babes. Start with a toddler bible and a teacher who can work one on one with you in person.

I am more interested in discussing Scripture with those who have already laid down the bottle.

Glory to God,
Taken
How do you think people are born again and receive the Holy Spirit baptism?