"Jesus won't save you unless you ask him" theology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13

God says==That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved..

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, but saved from what?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does that make sense to you?

View attachment 33850
Considering your question. Yes. It makes sense to me there being a need to ask for help. It sounds contradictory in God not only loves those who love Him, but He loves also those who do not love Him. (Which we forget). Like the verse that if you only love those who love you,(paraphrasing what it means to me) even those who do not love God love those who love them. But God is beyond and further in He loves those who do not love Him. Then why “ask”? If He already loves those who do not love Him? To me that isn’t the end result of their not loving God who loves them…but their coming to the knowledge and out of that not loving Him…seeing, His love for them (first), they love Him. To me we have all been there. The Bible talks about even while we were in sin…not asking…after everything but God…He first Loved us, after our profit which IS Him. Declaring His love for us …those who do not first love Him but instead He first Loved us. Why the ask? Consider if you did not love God but He loves you…wouldn’t there need to be some point of your asking about His love? Also to me the need to ask…no having to ask… because you become so curious “seeking”
about this supernatural Love He has, because of His Love and His wanting you to fully see His Love …helps comfort, helps encourage, helps heal, helps bring out from a place of not knowing His love to experiencing that Love He has for you… “how could God love me when I don’t love Him?” “Who is like that?” “Who does that?” …is it bad…like in your photo of sinners floating upside down in water….for God to say(again paraphrasing what it means to me) “ask me about my love. Ask me about my love and that love will lift you out of that water and set you on your feet again.”

Yes, but saved from what?
Ourselves without His love.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrick1966

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Confess with your mouth
Believe in your heart
That God raises the dead unto Life
To me is confessing and believing God loves those who do not Love Him. But that isn’t what is widely said of God…instead the opposite is said that God only loves those who love Him. Making Him just like men with a vain religion… who only Love those who love them back. That is not at all what it says (Imo) but instead when God was cursed, He blessed. When He is hated, He loves. When His enemies are hungry, He feeds them. When they are thirsty, He gives them water. Totally missing that one in torment asking for a drop of water to cool the (scorching heat)fire of his tongue (confessing his tongue is the problem) …a hellfire tongue spewing curses and condemnation… “God my tongue is on fire with the Fire of Hell, and I thirst!” What does Living water do to a tongue on fire with the fire of hell? Doesn’t the water He (God) gives put out the the fire (flames)and soothe the thirst so that “ask” “and I will give you Living Water” and “you will never thirst again?” It is that tongue that is spoken of that no man can tame, that tongue that blesses God but curses men with that same tongue. Cursing while saying “I love God.” Isn’t it the speaking of curses and death that the tongue does that no man can tame? Does this line up with “speak not death” but “speak Life”? We forget God’s perfection IS that He not only loves those who love Him, BUT He also Loves those who do not Love Him. That is His Perfection. Which we want to deny and call it a fatal flaw (error)of His…crucified. As if we know better, schooling God that we know better that it is better to love only those who love you back. Just look at it… those over there tithe to God and because of the tithe God loves them more because they are faithful. Sorry….as man puts it… BS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE GOD AND IGNORE SILLY LITTLE MEN!!!
Just studying the mirror and the man that looks in the mirror and he sees his own natural face therefore turning away. do you see silly little men? no wonder you turn away, not having seen God in the mirror but silly little men.

• Love
Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 1:1-3 NIV​

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Jesus talks about the all to real hell===believe Him.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 1:1-3 NIV​

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Jesus talks about the all to real hell===believe Him.

I believe Jesus but I don't believe the mistranslated Bibles that gave us the false doctrine of eternal punishment. The KJV is riddled with translational errors.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever; that is, their torments shall be everlasting, as well as most exquisite, and causing the most acute pain. And they have no rest day nor night; this is but the same thing in other words; their torments shall be such as shall give them no rest at any time.

Revelation 14:11