Job 16,22 ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aug 31, 2017
Bath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Little confused on this verse, what is the meaning of it? And who is it referring to?

Job 16,22
For when a few years have come, I shall go the way from which I shall not return.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

Little confused on this verse, what is the meaning of it? And who is it referring to?

Job 16,22
For when a few years have come, I shall go the way from which I shall not return.
Job is speaking and referring to himself, that when he leaves this world (when he dies in the flesh), all of his sorrows will be left behind.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

Job 16,22
Job is complaining about how God has treated him or has allowed him to be treated... unfairly as he sees it. As he had said elsewhere he wished rather than having to go through all of this suffering that he had never been born.

Job did love God in a measure but he had something to learn as is seen in the whole of the book. He did engage in quite a pity party of his own!

Here Job speaks:

"Surely I would speak to the Almighty, and I desire to reason with God." Job 13:3

"Let me be weighed in an even balance that God may know mine integrity." Job 31:6

Then God speaks:

"Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it." Job 40:2

And Job finally repentant for his presumption answers:

"Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth." Job 40:4

And Job again:

"Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not." Job 42:3

And Job again:

"I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes" Job 42:5-6-7

Hopefully believers who read the Book of Job will learn something valuable for themselves!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He did engage in quite a pity party of his own!
Most of us would have done worse. We should always remember that Job lost EVERYTHING that mattered to him. On top of that his friends concluded that he was being punished for his sins (as though he rightly deserved these disasters).

But God had already identified Job as a righteous man -- not only a true believer, but righteous in all his ways.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of us would have done worse. We should always remember that Job lost EVERYTHING that mattered to him. On top of that his friends concluded that he was being punished for his sins (as though he rightly deserved these disasters).

But God had already identified Job as a righteous man -- not only a true believer, but righteous in all his ways.
I fully agree! My point and I believe the point of the book is that even though we have met the Master, we are still quite fallible and and dependent on Him. Humility the course to take when serving God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, Job believed in the Resurrection in the new life. what he lossed here in the flesh the, the hear and now will be all forgotten in the world to come.
Job 19:23 "Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book!
Job 19:24 "That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever!
Job 19:25 "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
Job 19:26 "And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
Job 19:27 "Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

PICJAG.