John 1:1 looked at HONESTLY!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he is God there is no doubt about it, as God doesn't lie. Matter of fact the Bible clearly states:
(Titus 1:2) . . .God, who cannot lie. . .
That is the only thing that God cannot do. Since Jesus stated clearly he could not grant James and John position, nor did he know the day or hour, something is amiss. The only logical thing to conclude is that Jesus is actually what he claimed to be; God's son. Does this seem reasonable to you K?
Say it plain. Your Jesus is a sinner and Michael is your savior?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said Jesus was born a sinner?
Nobody. lol
And born again in Hell? How do you get that from what I said? Give me a break man.
I learned about the "Jesus died Spiritually" heresy over 40 years ago. Copeland was the main heretic. And yes Copeland said Jesus was born again in Hell.
My sins were imputed to him. So he could pay for them. He was not born a sinner.
Nobody said Jesus was born a sinner. When you say Jesus died spiritually you're calling Him a sinner!

Spiritual death: Luke 15:24 (NKJV)
24 for this my son was dead and is alive again;
You seem to have a comprehension problem.
You seem to know nothing about "spiritual death".

Genesis 2:17 (NKJV)
17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

Spiritual death! My Jesus was not a sinner.

Reactions: theQuestioneer

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Persons in the Godhead are "distinct" but not "separate". The Father never became Man, nor did the Holy Spirit. It was the Word that became flesh, Who is Jesus Christ. Not the Father or the Holy Spirit. It was Jesus Christ Who died for our sins on the cross, Not the Father or the Holy Spirit, etc. You cannot confound the Three Persons.

Actually, the Webster's definition for Distinct means Separate.
Definition of distinct
1: distinguishable to the eye or mind as being discrete (see DISCRETE sense 1) or not the same : SEPARATE
Definition of DISTINCT

I find it interesting that the word Godhead is only used in 3 verses in scripture...

(Acts 17:29)(Romans 1:20)(Colossians 2:9)

...and if you do a word study on it in the Hebrew and Greek, not only does there seem to be no word that directly translates it in either language, but it is also always in the singular form.

Just a noteworthy observation.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, the Webster's definition for Distinct means Separate.

Definition of DISTINCT

I find it interesting that the word Godhead is only used in 3 verses in scripture...

(Acts 17:29)(Romans 1:20)(Colossians 2:9)

...and if you do a word study on it in the Hebrew and Greek, not only does there seem to be no word that directly translates it in either language, but it is also always in the singular form.

Just a noteworthy observation.

"distinct", because they are not "identical" as Persons. To say the are "separate", would mean that their "essence" is different, as the heretic Origen taught

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics have the Monopoly of terms causing absolute confusion about the scripture, creating in the mind imaginary things!
And the "Protestants" took much of that with them.

THINK!
The Bible describes God as ONE. Churchianity has him 'Three-in-One'.
The Bible describes God as Almighty. Churchianity as 'Three Co-Equal' ('Co-Almighty').
The Bible describes God as creating Adam as living soul. Churchianity has Him putting a "Immortal Soul" in him.
The Bible describes God saying they would DIE. Churchianity has them going to Heaven or Hellfire.
The Bible describes God send his only-begotten son. Churchianity has Him/Them coming himself/theirselves.
The Bible describes Jesus as dying. Churchianity him LIVING those 3 days.

And, there is MUCH much more.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Catholics have the Monopoly of terms causing absolute confusion about the scripture, creating in the mind imaginary things!
And the "Protestants" took much of that with them.

THINK!
The Bible describes God as Almighty. Churchianity as 'Three Co-Equal' ('Co-Almighty').
The Bible describes God as creating Adam as living soul. Churchianity has Him putting a "Immortal Soul" in him.
The Bible describes God saying they would DIE. Churchianity has them going to Heaven or Hellfire.
The Bible describes God send his only-begotten son. Churchianity has Him/Them coming himself/theirselves.

And, there is MUCH much more.

The Bible that you use is teaching you LIES

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"distinct", because they are not "identical" as Persons. To say the are "separate", would mean that their "essence" is different, as the heretic Origen taught

I agree with you there.

Unfortunately, the problem is that the Catholic Church ITSELF defines them AS Separate and states so clearly in their own documentation.

Trinity/Godhead

Catholic Doctrine

"The Catechism of the Catholic Church describes the Trinity as the following: “The mystery of the one God in three Persons ..."

"God can reveal himself as three separate beings (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) while still being God in “one essence, ..."
Trinity Godhead Catholic LDS Christianity | Catholic Roots Mormon Harvest

That is the biggest problem with this doctrine for me, among other things.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible that you use is teaching you LIES

Name one.
Again~

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Name one.
Again~

You are not really interested in knowing what the Bible actually says because it will prove what you believe to be heresy