John 3.16: Simple Gospel truth and profound theology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Actually that is exactly what I mean: everyone in the world is saved. They just don't realize it. If I leave a gift for you in your mailbox and you don't pick it up, who is at fault?

God has given everyone the gift of eternal life, "bought" by Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. Like opening your mailbox, all one has to do is accept it by believing!

John 3:16, "For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." It doesn't say some people; it says everyone.
...but everyone is not saved..... o_O

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...but everyone is not saved..... o_O

Did you not read the sentence that followed? "They just don't realize it." Everyone is saved by Christ's sacrifice; the price for all sin has been paid in full. If people don't recognize that fact or accept it that doesn't mean it's not true. The penalty for all sin has been paid.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually that is exactly what I mean: everyone in the world is saved. They just don't realize it. If I leave a gift for you in your mailbox and you don't pick it up, who is at fault?

God has given everyone the gift of eternal life, "bought" by Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. Like opening your mailbox, all one has to do is accept it by believing!

John 3:16, "For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." It doesn't say some people; it says everyone.
God has not given everyone eternal life, that is not scripture truth.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has not given everyone eternal life, that is not scripture truth.

It is "scripture truth" if you read what the Bible actually says. To whom, specifically, has God not given the opportunity for eternal life? It must be requested, of course, by believing in Jesus' sacrifice, but if you ask you will receive.

Matthew 19:29, "And whoever has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life."

Matthew 25:45-46, "Then he will answer them, ‘I tell you the truth, just as you did not do it for one of the least of these, you did not do it for me.’ And these will depart into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Mark 10:29-30, "Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, there is no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for my sake and for the sake of the gospel who will not receive in this age a hundred times as much—homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, fields, all with persecutions—and in the age to come, eternal life."

John 3:14-16, "Just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.”

For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."

John 3:36, "The one who believes in the Son has eternal life. The one who rejects the Son will not see life, but God’s wrath remains on him."

John 4:14, "But whoever drinks some of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again, but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up to eternal life.”

John 5:24, "I tell you the solemn truth, the one who hears my message and believes the one who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned, but has crossed over from death to life."

John 6:40, "For this is the will of my Father—for everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him to have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”

John 6:47, "I tell you the solemn truth, the one who believes has eternal life."

John 10:28, "I give them eternal life, and they will never perish; no one will snatch them from my hand."

John 17:2, "just as you have given him authority over all humanity, so that he may give eternal life to everyone you have given him."

And there are many more verses; these are just from the gospels.

Last edited:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is "scripture truth" if you read what the Bible actually says. To whom, specifically, has God not given the opportunity for eternal life? It must be requested, of course, by believing in Jesus' sacrifice, but if you ask you will receive.

Matthew 19:29, "And whoever has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life."

Matthew 25:45-46, "Then he will answer them, ‘I tell you the truth, just as you did not do it for one of the least of these, you did not do it for me.’ And these will depart into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Mark 10:29-30, "Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, there is no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for my sake and for the sake of the gospel who will not receive in this age a hundred times as much—homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, fields, all with persecutions—and in the age to come, eternal life."

John 3:14-16, "Just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.”

For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."

John 3:36, "The one who believes in the Son has eternal life. The one who rejects the Son will not see life, but God’s wrath remains on him."

John 4:14, "But whoever drinks some of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again, but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up to eternal life.”

John 5:24, "I tell you the solemn truth, the one who hears my message and believes the one who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned, but has crossed over from death to life."

John 6:40, "For this is the will of my Father—for everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him to have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”

John 6:47, "I tell you the solemn truth, the one who believes has eternal life."

John 10:28, "I give them eternal life, and they will never perish; no one will snatch them from my hand."

John 17:2, "just as you have given him authority over all humanity, so that he may give eternal life to everyone you have given him."

And there are many more verses; these are just from the gospels.
No its not scripture truth. Eternal life is limited to only those God the Father gave to His Son in Election n 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

" as many as" proves theres a limit to whom eternal life is given to. In fact Christ doesnt even pray for everyone Jn 17:9

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, everyone is saved by Christ's sacrifice; the price for all sin has been paid in full. If people don't recognize that fact or accept it that doesn't mean it's not true. Again, and for the last time, the penalty for all sin has been paid.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Again, everyone is saved by Christ's sacrifice; the price for all sin has been paid in full. If people don't recognize that fact or accept it that doesn't mean it's not true. Again, and for the last time, the penalty for all sin has been paid.
Faith is the key; Hebrews 11 is emphatic....

As is John 3.16....

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No its not scripture truth. Eternal life is limited to only those God the Father gave to His Son in Election n 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

" as many as" proves theres a limit to whom eternal life is given to. In fact Christ doesnt even pray for everyone Jn 17:9

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
Good, Scriptural points there, @brightfame52

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For God so Loved the World merely means that Gods Love for a people is universal in scope ! His Love for a people wasn't just confined to ethnic Israel, but it included people from among all ethnicities ! Acts 15:14

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you. The Gospel needs to go forth 'to every creature' (Mark 16.15), although not everyone's sins are put away in an effectual sense.
Christ didnt die for everyone, those He did die for He put away their sins, and gives them Faith and Repentance.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is unscriptural nonsense.

Since you won't accept the truth of the Gospel I am ignoring you from now on. May God have mercy on your soul.

John 3:16-17, "For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him."

BTW, I noticed that you receive about 10% "likes" for your posts; I receive almost 50% "likes".

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you won't accept the truth of the Gospel I am ignoring you from now on. May God have mercy on your soul.

John 3:16-17, "For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him."

BTW, I noticed that you receive about 10% "likes" for your posts; I receive almost 50% "likes".
May God have mercy on you because you have been deceived.