John 3.16: Simple Gospel truth and profound theology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 2nd Side of the Coin of Faith:

#1. Faith manifests itself with the “work of faith” mentioned by the apostle Paul in 1 Thessalonians 1:3, and 2 Thessalonians 1:11. Many Christians today seem to separate works from faith in a way that goes beyond how James describes them. Yet, the apostle Paul mentions that there is a “work of faith.” The Bible talks about the “work of the Lord” (1 Corinthians 15:58) (1 Corinthians 16:10), and I imagine if I asked your average Christian if the “work” within the “work of the Lord” is separate from “the Lord,” they most likely would say they are not separated. But when it comes to the “work of faith,” they will say that works and faith are separate things (Which in my view is not being consistent or honest with oneself).

#2. The word “faithful” is also mentioned 54 times in the New Testament King James Bible. The dictionary defines faithful as:

Faithful:
(adjective):

1. true to one's word, promises, vows, etc.
2. steady in allegiance or affection; loyal; constant: faithful friends.
3. reliable, trusted, or believed.
4. strict or thorough in the performance of duty: a faithful worker.
Source:
Definition of faithful | Dictionary.com

This definition is supported by the context in many verses in the Bible. It does not take a detective to figure out that the word “faithful” derives from the word “faith.” They are related and connected to each other. A person is loyal (or faithful) to their master based on their faith in him in what he says. For example: 2 Thessalonians 3:3 says, “But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.” So the Lord is said to be faithful in this verse. How is the Lord faithful? Is it by a belief alone? No. The Lord is faithful to strengthening us (or in establishing us) to keep us from evil. The Lord does something when He is faithful. Revelation 2:10 says to a particular church, “be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.” Many Christians today have tried to come up with tricky ways to not apply this verse to their own life. I believe they do not accept what this verse plainly says because it contradicts their erroneous “Faith Alone” teaching that was handed down to them from Martin Luther (Even though Luther was admirable for speaking against the Catholic Church).

#3. Romans 10:17. It says,

“So then faith cometh by hearing,
and hearing by the word of God.”
(Romans 10:17).
How do we get our faith? According to Romans 10:17, we get our faith by hearing the Word of God. I believe that the “Word of God” can refer to either Jesus, and or the Bible (depending on the context) (Note: See this thread here to see the connection in Scripture between the Living Word and the Bible). Anyways, in this particular instance in Romans 10:17: I believe the “Word of God” refers to the words of Jesus (which are found in the Holy Bible). We must receive the words of Jesus because if we do not, His words will judge us on the last day (See: John 12:48). This would also include the words of His apostles, as well. For Jesus says, “He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.” (Matthew 10:40). So faith is basically everything in my New Testament because it gives us an account of the words of Jesus and His followers. We get our faith by believing and obeying what Jesus and His apostles said. Faith is everything in your New Testament, and faith is not just a belief alone in Jesus.

#4. Hebrews 11.

Hebrews 11 gives us an account of what faith does. “By faith Noah, ... prepared an ark to the saving of his house;...” (Hebrews 11:7). “By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac:” (Hebrews 11:17). “By faith Moses, ... refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;” (Hebrews 11:24-25). So by faith, the great men of God obeyed God and or put forth holy actions (or the “work of faith”). So in Hebrews 11, the word “faith” is used to represent something a believer does. This faith also rejects sin in one's life, for Moses suffered with the affliction of God's people rather than enjoying the pleasures of sin for a season.

#5. Peter failed to continue to walk on the water (Which is a work of God).

What was the reason why Peter later failed to continue to walk on the water? Jesus said, “O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?” (Matthew 14:31). This again proves that the work of God that can operate in our life is tied to our faith. For in Ephesians 2:9 it refers to Man Directed Works ALONE Salvationism (without God's grace) because it is the kind of work that a man would boast in himself by doing it. But Ephesians 2:10 talks about an entirely different kind of work. It is the work of God done through the believer. These are the works that we are created unto Christ Jesus to do. They are the works of God done through us. For Jesus said we can do nothing without Him (John 15:5). For it is God who works in us to do of His good will and pleasure (Philippians 2:13). So any good we do, all praise, glory, thanks, and honor is given to our Lord Jesus Christ and or to the glorious Trinity (or Godhead).

#6. Paul also mentions that there is an “obedience to the faith" (or obedience of faith) at the beginning and end of the book of Romans (See: Romans 1:5, Romans 16:26). Romans 6 says, “Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” (Romans 6:16). So we have to have obedience unto righteousness. For Romans 6 also says, “But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.” (Romans 6:22). So our obedience unto righteousness is being servants of God and having fruit unto holiness with having the end of everlasting life. This is all a part of the obedience to the faith. There is no such thing as the disobedience of the faith. For Ephesians 5 says, “But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.” (Ephesians 5:3-6).

#7. John 3:36 (The Greek word “apeitheō” used in John 3:36 for “believeth not” (KJB) is translated as “obey not” or “disobedient” in other English bible verses. For example: 1 Peter 3:1, and 1 Peter 3:20 translates apeitheō as “obey not” or “disobedient” and it is used context to being disobedient in regards to one’s righteous conduct (Whereas John 3:36 is translated as believeth not” in the King James Bible). Some translations render the KJB’s John 3:36 “believeth not" as “obey not” in other Translations (NLT, ESV, BLB, NASB, ASV, EXB, GNT). In other words, “believeth not” is synonymous with “obey not.” In fact, you can check this Greek word for yourself and it's usage here at BlueLetterBible.

#8. Works makes a person’s faith perfect (James 2:22).

This connects in with 2 Timothy 3:16-17. Doctrine and instruction in righteousness is profitable so that the man of God may be perfect unto all good works. Anyways, the point here is that your faith is perfected by works. Thus, this shows us that there is a symbiotic relationship between faith and works that cannot be separated.

#9. 2 Corinthians 5:7 says: “We walk by faith.” So faith is not something whereby you do nothing but believe. We are to walk by faith. Walking is an action.

#10. Examine whether you be in the faith - 2 Corinthians 13:5. How do we do this? Well, this is by proving Christ is in you. How can we show that we know the Lord? By keeping His commandments (1 John 2:3). However, the person who says they know the Lord and they do not keep His commands is a liar and the truth is not in them (1 John 2:4). So keeping His commands is tied to knowing the Lord, and knowing the Lord is in us is a part of our examination of whether we are in the faith or not (2 Corinthians 13:5).

(To be continued in my next post)​

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#11. Galatians 5:6 says, “faith which worketh by love.”

Paul says in context within Galatians 5:13-14, “For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” So faith works by love. It works in love by loving one another. Faith is not just a belief alone.

#12. Philippians 2:17 talks about “the service of your faith.” Service is a form of work. So our faith will have service or work attached. So there is no faith that is alone or remains as a belief alone. True faith will have its service.

#13. 2 Thessalonians 3:2 says, “And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.” This is suggesting that faith is not a belief alone whereby we can live wickedly. For it says that we may be delivered from wicked men for (because) all men have not faith. So the opposite of wickedness is holiness. So this verse is implying indirectly that our good and moral conduct is tied to the faith.

#14. 1 Timothy 5:8 says, “But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.” An infidel is an unbeliever. If faith is exclusively a belief alone then how can a person deny the faith by their misconduct?

#15. 1 Timothy 6:12 says, “Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life,” We have to FIGHT the good fight of faith in order to lay hold on eternal life. So faith is something we have to fight for and it is not a belief alone.

#16. 2 Timothy 3:1-9 describes those who have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof. They are lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God. These types are said to be reprobate concerning the faith (See: 2 Timothy 3:8). So faith is not a belief alone in Jesus whereby one’s conduct is not in line with true godliness.

#17. James 2:1 says, “My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.” This means faith is not a belief alone in Jesus, but it also includes one’s actions in not neglecting to love the poor brethren while one shows favor to the rich brethren.

#18. Jude 1:3-4 says “Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.” Verse 3 says that we are to contend for the faith and verse 4 says there are certain ungodly men who turn the grace of our God into lasciviousness. Meaning, they are teaching that a person can sin and still be saved by God’s grace. But we are told to contend for the faith.

#19. Revelation 13:10 NLT says, “Anyone who is destined for prison will be taken to prison. Anyone destined to die by the sword will die by the sword. This means that God’s holy people must endure persecution patiently and remain faithful.”

Revelation 13:10 KJB says, “He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.” This is saying that believers going to prison and dying by the sword is a part of the faith (or in being faithful, i.e. the faith).

#20. Faith without works is dead (James 2:17). Can a dead faith save anyone?

#21. We are justified by works and not by faith alone (James 2:24). The same word “justified" is used for both faith and works. Most Christians will not argue that we are justified by faith in regards to salvation. But this same word “justified" is used in reference for works, too.

#22. James says he will show you his faith by his works (James 2:18). For James 2:18 says, “Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.” James appears to criticize the person who has faith without works by saying show me your faith without works, and I will show my faith by my works. This means faith and works are tied together because works is how one shows their faith.​

So in conclusion:

Faith is like a coin that has two sides to it. The first side of the coin of faith is trusting or believing in God's grace and seeking forgiveness with the Lord Jesus and believing the gospel, and the second side (or other side) of the coin of faith is the “work of faith.” (that is a part of the Sanctification Process of the Holy Spirit that helps us to live a holy life).

“Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:" (Hebrews 12:14).

“And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;" (Hebrews 5:9).

“For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” (Romans 8:13).

“They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.” (Titus 1:16).

So when we say we believe in Jesus or the Son according to John 3:16 for everlasting life, it has a two fold meaning.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:16 is also great to truly focus on the depths of God’s love. Jesus was whipped, beaten, and brutally crucified and suffered greatly on our behalf because He loved us so much. Jesus who is God at any time had the power and ability to snap His fingers and escape from the suffering of the cross. So if such is the case (of which I believe it is), then it was not the nails that kept Him on the cross, but it was His love for you, and me. Jesus died for the sins of the whole world and He did so as a means of escape for anyone who wants to receive His gift freely and to then later be responsible with that gift. Jesus is the gift. For God so loved the world that He GAVE His only begotten Son.

But if we truly were to sit down and to ponder all the suffering that Jesus went through, we would truly know more about the depths of God’s love for us and it would bring us to our knees in awe of Him, and His Word.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its the World in Christ God so Loved !

Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.The Love of God is exclusive to them in Christ Jesus.

That means Gods Love is exclusive to the world of individuals Chosen in Christ Jesus before the foundation of the world. Eph 1:4-5

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,12

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
its the World in Christ God so Loved !

Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.The Love of God is exclusive to them in Christ Jesus.

That means Gods Love is exclusive to the world of individuals Chosen in Christ Jesus before the foundation of the world. Eph 1:4-5

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,12
@brightfame52 Great passages there, going to the heart of God in planning blessing in Christ.

Reactions: brightfame52

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does this mean that Jesus is less than God.

Yes because the scriptures say that the Father is greater than the Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ. Jesus repeatedly showed not equality but submission to the Father. Jesus said he was sent by his Father, instructed by his Father, commanded what to say by his Father. John 3:16, 17; John 5:36; John 6:38; John 12:49, 50;
John 13:16; John 17:3; John 20:17; John 14:28; 1 Corinthians 15:28.
We also must understand that Jesus Christ enemies, even they didn't believe or accuse Jesus of being God, but instead they said he was making himself "equal to God" by calling God his Father. They wanted to kill Jesus because, as a Roman Catholic translation puts it: "He spoke of God as his own Father, and so made himself God's equal." But Jesus refuted what they accused him of by saying: "I tell you solemnly, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees the Father doing: and whatever the Father does the Son does too." So Jesus told them that he humbly is subject to his Father and that he doesn't do things or say things that his Father doesn't teach or isn't according to his Father will. Jesus was letting them know he didn't consider himself equal to his Father who is God. John 5:18, 19
So Jesus himself says that God who is his Father was greater than him.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes because the scriptures say that the Father is greater than the Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ.
Within the Godhead the Father is the Head or authority over Christ (1 Cor 11:3). But that does not take away from the FACT that Jesus is God. God the Father Himself calls God the Son "GOD" (THEOS) (Hebrews 1:8,9).

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Within the Godhead the Father is the Head or authority over Christ (1 Cor 11:3). But that does not take away from the FACT that Jesus is God. God the Father Himself calls God the Son "GOD" (THEOS) (Hebrews 1:8,9).

Yes it does take away the idea that Jesus is God. Even after Jesus was resurrected Jesus Christ said he has a Father and God that is his Apostles and disciples, Father and God.(John 20:17) The True God YHWH has no one he calls a Father and God. Also the angel who announced Jesus birth to Mary, didn't say her child would be God but instead said he would be Gods Son. Trinitarians say God himself came to mankind to provide the ransom, but the scriptures say, "God sent his Son" to provide the ransom.(Galatians 4:4,5; 1John 4:9,10)
When Jesus asked his apostles who he was, did the apostle Peter say, "you are God or God in the Flesh," no he didn't, he said, "You are the Christ the Son of the living God." Then Jesus himself said, "Happy are you, Simon son of Jonah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father who is in heaven did." So the Apostle Peter was completely accurate in what he Said because YHWH God the Father and God of Jesus revealed that to him. (Matthew 16:15-17)
Also the manuscript of John gospel, John never used the phrase, "God the Son" when speaking of Jesus. In the other manuscripts you will find nowhere where Jesus apostles called him, "God the Son," but instead said, "you are really Gods Son." There's a big difference between the phrase, "Son of God" and "God the Son," they don't mean the same thing.(John 1:34; Matthew 14:33)
Jesus Christ is the greatest of all teachers about the true God. I see nowhere in the scriptures that Jesus taught his apostles about three persons in a Godhead. Regarding Jesus I see nowhere in the scriptures where Jesus taught his apostles to refer to him as, "God the Son."
John the Baptist who was filled with the Holy Spirit right from his mothers womb, didn't teach that Jesus was YHWH God but instead taught, Jesus was the Son of God. This means that Jesus was the Son of YHWH God. The point is John the Baptist didn't say, "God the Son" when speaking of Jesus. John the Baptist didn't expect YHWH GOD to come to him to be baptized in water. John expected the one who was to become the Christ, the Messiah, or Anointed One, Was the one whom God would anoint with Holy Spirit.

Regarding Hebrews 1:8,9 it doesn't say Jesus is God. Note in the context, in many translations, either in the main text or in the margin, Hebrews 1:9 reads, "God, your God, anointed you." This makes it clear that the one addressed in verse 8 isn't, YHWH God, but one who worships YHWH God and is anointed by him.
It should also be noted that Hebrews 1:8,9 is a quotation from Psalms 45:6,7, which originally was addressed to a human king of Israel. You really don't think that a human king who was an imperfect human as we are and born in sin as we are to be Almighty God do you? The person who was inspired to write Hebrews didn't think that a human king of Israel that Psalms 45:6,7 was speaking to us about was Almighty God, but instead was Almighty God's, Christ or Anointed One, just so Jesus Christ is the Almighty God's, Christ or Anointed One. Jesus isn't YHWH God but is YHWH God Christ or Anointed One. Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten Son of YHWH God.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What a lot of profound truth there is in John 3.16!

The verse combines a simple Gospel presentation with deep theology.

God became one of us to offer Himself as a sacrifice for our sin, to redeem ALL of us.

"for by one sacrifice many are made righteous". This is the Cross of Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:19 is the 2nd part of John 3:16.

God didnt put these verses together in the Holy Bible, next to each other, = because He wants us to study the bible and find them for ourselves...so that we are found here = "study to show yourself approved unto God'.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
God became one of us to offer Himself as a sacrifice for our sin, to redeem ALL of us.

"for by one sacrifice many are made righteous". This is the Cross of Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:19 is the 2nd part of John 3:16.

God didnt put these verses together in the Holy Bible, next to each other, = because He wants us to study the bible and find them for ourselves...so that we are found here = "study to show yourself approved unto God'.
@Behold Interesting verses viewed in parallel there...

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many have abused the word world in John 3:16 as though its saying God so loved every human being without exception. Thats not what world means in Jn 3:16. In fact its the objects of Gods love that is meant, the Beloved of God, Believers and them who shall be believers. Lets look at a similar passage authored by the same Apostle 1 Jn 4:9-11

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.:

we can use 1 John 4:9 to shed light upon some of the key issues regarding the proper interpretation of John 3:16ff. For example, we concluded above that ‘world’ meant the world of humanity, i.e., Jew and Gentile taken in kind and not in universal particularity (each and every person). This is confirmed by John’s rephrasing here, ‘In this was manifested the love of God toward us...’ The ‘us’ in this immediate context is identified in verse 11, ‘Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another’ i.e., the Christian fellowship, which is made up of Jews and Gentiles.

A comparison of Jn 3 and 1 Jn 4:

“This brings us to the key verses, 9-10. The fact that 1 John 4:9 is meant to be a restatement of John 3:16 can be seen by placing them in parallel to one another:

John 3:16: 'For God so loved the world'

1 John 4:9: ‘In this was manifested the love of God toward us’

John 3:16: 'that He gave His only begotten Son'

1 John 4:9: ‘because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world’

John 3:16: ‘that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life’

1 John 4:9: ‘that we might live through Him’”
For God So Loved...WHO? 18 | godsonlygospel

2df617_385e5354b1e04b78baad865fc52f419f~mv2.png
www.godsonlygospel.com 14

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many have abused the word world in John 3:16 as though its saying God so loved every human being without exception. Thats not what world means in Jn 3:16. In fact its the objects of Gods love that is meant, the Beloved of God, Believers and them who shall be believers. Lets look at a similar passage authored by the same Apostle 1 Jn 4:9-11

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

we can use 1 John 4:9 to shed light upon some of the key issues regarding the proper interpretation of John 3:16ff. For example, we concluded above that ‘world’ meant the world of humanity, i.e., Jew and Gentile taken in kind and not in universal particularity (each and every person). This is confirmed by John’s rephrasing here, ‘In this was manifested the love of God toward us...’ The ‘us’ in this immediate context is identified in verse 11, ‘Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another’ i.e., the Christian fellowship, which is made up of Jews and Gentiles.

“This brings us to the key verses, 9-10. The fact that 1 John 4:9 is meant to be a restatement of John 3:16 can be seen by placing them in parallel to one another:

John 3:16: ‘that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life’

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. John 3:16 says, "For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." NET v2.1 (other translations are similar).

Nothing could be clearer than the famous verse. It clearly says that God loved the world, so you're misinterpreting God's Word, either deliberately or by mistake. Either way, your explanation is wrong.

Last edited:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. John 3:16 says, "For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." NET v2.1 (other translations are similar).

Nothing could be clearer than the famous verse. It clearly says that God loved the world, so you're misinterpreting God's Word, either deliberately or by mistake. Either way, your explanation is wrong.
Like I said, the verse has been abused.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

I can see what you mean in terms of context and applying the effectual work of Christ at the cross to those who believe, indeed.

I do still think that John 3.16 is a glorious verse which can be used wonderfully in proclaiming the Gospel.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Abused by whom? And in what manner? The Bible says what it clearly says.
I think our friend (I don't want to put words in his mouth) may mean that not everyone's sins everywhere have been put away and that supposedly everyone in the world is automatically saved. It's through faith that God works out His purposes, in the redemption He has planned and accomplished.

A helpful book is Redemption Accomplished and Applied; I forget the author, but it will come to me later, I guess.

Addendum: The author is John Murray.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think our friend (I don't want to put words in his mouth) may mean that not everyone's sins everywhere have been put away and that supposedly everyone in the world is automatically saved. It's through faith that God works out His purposes, in the redemption He has planned and accomplished.

A helpful book is Redemption Accomplished and Applied; I forget the author, but it will come to me later, I guess.

Addendum: The author is John Murray.

Actually that is exactly what I mean: everyone in the world is saved. They just don't realize it. If I leave a gift for you in your mailbox and you don't pick it up, who is at fault?

God has given everyone the gift of eternal life, "bought" by Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. Like opening your mailbox, all one has to do is accept it by believing!

John 3:16, "For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." It doesn't say some people; it says everyone.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Actually that is exactly what I mean: everyone in the world is saved.

IF everyone is saved ...

1.) Why did thousands go to hell today?

2.) Why would God require you to have faith.?

3.) Why would God say this....... John 3:36

4.) Why would Jesus say....."if you do not believe in me, you shall die in your sin".

5.) Why would God need Preachers to preach?