John 3.16: Simple Gospel truth and profound theology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believes!

present tense!

a continuous state of believing!

must believe all Christ revealed!

And abide in him Jn 15:1-5

until the end Matt 24:13

then salvation!

salvation is the end of our faith not the beginning!

Rom 13:11
1 pet 1:9

and not believing alone!

1 cor 13:2 faith without charity (Deut 6:1-5) avails nothing!

greatest is charity not “faith alone”! 1 cor 13:13

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:16 is describing exactly who God so loved in the world to give His Only Son, its the ones believing. Believing is descriptive, an evidence, not an condition. Anyone brought to believe on Christ, is the one God Loved in the world. And all who believe oh Him, whether jew or Gentile, God had already prior to, ordained them to eternal life Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

They were Gods Sheep !

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:16 is describing exactly who God so loved in the world to give His Only Son, its the ones believing. Believing is descriptive, an evidence, not an condition. Anyone brought to believe on Christ, is the one God Loved in the world. And all who believe oh Him, whether jew or Gentile, God had already prior to, ordained them to eternal life Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

They were Gods Sheep !

It does not say who God so loved in the world!!! It says for God so loved the world. THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does not say who God so loved in the world!!! It says for God so loved the world. THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!

Wow I actually agree with Jim B
God created the world (universe) and declared it to be good therefore God so loved it!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it does say who God so loved in the world, the ones believing is specified. In fact those believing is the world He loved, the world of His Own.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God created the world (universe) and declared it to be good therefore God so loved it!
My advice is we heed ALL that JESUS said to nichodemus and not just one line of it .
HE DID so love the world that HE DID send HIS only begotten son so that all who do ............BELIEVE
would be saved . Doesnt say so those who dont would be . Truth is He goes on to say
that all who dont will be damned . SO lets not buy the all inclusive lie that has so heavily infected
both the CC and protestant realm . MY ADVICE , let no man follow this other jesus and this other gospel
both of which saves none . RATHER learn YE BIBLES and HURRY and ensure ITS THAT JESUS YA BEEN FOLLOWING .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like the catholic and the protestant have found them some common ground .
TOO bad its in the all inclusive lie . We should have all stuck to the things JESUS taught
and not allowed men to lead us all into a lie for unity of great delusion that will save none but rather condmen all who go under it .
On the last day the all inclusive will wail as JESUS says depart from me i never knew you .
And they will say , but LORD didnt we do all those good works in your name and in your name
we had such great unity and became as one . AND HE WILL say YE became as one all right
RIGHT UNDER THE DRAGON and the BEAST . FOLKS are getting duped into following another jesus and another gospel
and i am telling us NEITHER ONE WILL SAVE YA .

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My advice is we heed ALL that JESUS said to nichodemus and not just one line of it .
HE DID so love the world that HE DID send HIS only begotten son so that all who do ............BELIEVE
would be saved . Doesnt say so those who dont would be . Truth is He goes on to say
that all who dont will be damned . SO lets not buy the all inclusive lie that has so heavily infected
both the CC and protestant realm . MY ADVICE , let no man follow this other jesus and this other gospel
both of which saves none . RATHER learn YE BIBLES and HURRY and ensure ITS THAT JESUS YA BEEN FOLLOWING .
Thing about it, Christ didnt Love and nor die for them who never believe in Him, because they were not of His Sheep Jn 10:26,27

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jim b

No it doesnt say God loved the entire world, you added that entire world jazz.

Here is my verbatim post: It says for God so loved the world. THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!

You apparently didn't see the period after the Scripture quote. My adding the word "entire" was a comment.

So, according to your interpretation of Scripture, which part of the world did God not love?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it does say who God so loved in the world, the ones believing is specified. In fact those believing is the world He loved, the world of His Own.

John 3:16-18, "For this is the way God loved the world [all of it!]: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him. The one who believes in him is not condemned. The one who does not believe has been condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God." [my emphases added]

It says that God loved THE WORLD! Stop distorting God's word!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thing about it, Christ didnt Love and nor die for them who never believe in Him, because they were not of His Sheep Jn 10:26,27

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Your misinterpretation of Scripture is tragic! How did you get so confused?

God loved the entire world. Jesus died to pay the price for all people's sins.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

including verse 22?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like the catholic and the protestant have found them some common ground .
TOO bad its in the all inclusive lie . We should have all stuck to the things JESUS taught
and not allowed men to lead us all into a lie for unity of great delusion that will save none but rather condmen all who go under it .
On the last day the all inclusive will wail as JESUS says depart from me i never knew you .
And they will say , but LORD didnt we do all those good works in your name and in your name
we had such great unity and became as one . AND HE WILL say YE became as one all right
RIGHT UNDER THE DRAGON and the BEAST . FOLKS are getting duped into following another jesus and another gospel
and i am telling us NEITHER ONE WILL SAVE YA .

who was first?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
including verse 22?
including ALL OF IT . We cant pick and choose what to beleive and what to omit .
Just cause the vatican and popes say we can . NO WE CANT . And just cause most all the protestant realm
picks and chooses as well . DONT mean we can do no such thing . ITS ALL or we never loved JESUS . PEROID . and the sooner
both the CC and most all of the protestant realm figures this out , THE BETTER FOR IT . Till then its the blind leading the blind .