John 3.16: Simple Gospel truth and profound theology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh so now you useh big letters to scare the bad man away, sorry, the bible is not God word Christ is. And no matter how much you misunderstand or miss quote things it will never change that fact. The bible is not Holy, God is Holy, Christ is Holy, even the Holy spirit is Holy, the bible is ink written on paper, misused, misquoted, misunderstood, and idolized above Christ and God, to their own demise,
you still did not read Post #86 ... did you? ... :rolleyes: YIKES!. I said read Post #86 and get back with me, now try again by reading Post #86....

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15:1-4 is a similar scripture that presents the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ in a nutshell.
That is the elect. The our sins! Paul called them the called and chosen. 1 Cor 1:26-28

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 but God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28 and base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are

Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The dust of the earth, thst men sweep out of their houses

That is the elect. The our sins! Paul called them the called and chosen. 1 Cor 1:26-28

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 but God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28 and base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where do you get that idea? From the Bible?
The words that I spear are Spirit and they are life,,, the bible is not spirit and has no life in it. As Jesus put it,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

and thats just what people do. Where is His honour, its all given to mens idol, the bible.

Exo 32:1 And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
Exo 32:2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

Exo 32:7 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:
Exo 32:8 They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
Exo 32:9 And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people

thats just what so many have done, unwilling to wait upon the Lord, so prefer there own golden calf, the bible, "dont need you Jesus I have a book".

Reactions: amadeus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you still did not read Post #86 ... did you? ... :rolleyes: YIKES!. I said read Post #86 and get back with me, now try again by reading Post #86....

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"
No intention of arguing with you, wont change your stance. And JEsus never shouted at anyone, cept maybe at the temple when He through teh sellers out.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yet you often quote the scripture that says that the scriptures testify of Christ.

How is it that you do not accept their testimony, then?
Isnt that all we have to do, believe in the works the Christ did?? , do you think you will have an exam on bible questions to get in?? I quote teh bible because liek many you wont listen to anything else, funnily enough when speaking to non christians you just need to tell them about Jesus, no need toquote text or verse.

Reactions: amadeus
Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it doesnt just shows that Christ did as was spoken, as any history book can do. Teh bible has its place but it is not God.

just like that tree in the middle of the garden had its place, when I find something good that can nourish the soul I use it for shade and to rest under, not to eat from.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
just like that tree in the middle of the garden had its place, when I find something good that can nourish the soul I use it for shade and to rest under, not to eat from.
Or as Christ put it,

Joh 6:31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.
Joh 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
Joh 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Joh 6:34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
Joh 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Joh 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
Joh 6:48 I am that bread of life.
Joh 6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
Joh 6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Reactions: Perception matters
Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Farmers pen sheep up and hand feed them grain, to make themselves rich.

shepherds bring sheep to green pastures and allow them to eat what they find. Because sheep are finicky eaters and don’t need to be told what to eat

upload_2020-12-25_21-55-39.jpeg

Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The shepherd takes the wool from the sheep and uses it to clothe the poor and those who are without with warmth and comfort. What were we created for? We should never wear wool and fine linen mingled together.

upload_2020-12-25_22-10-42.jpeg

Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My hope is that we learn what sacrifice truly is, and put down our own ways, and learn to walk in his ways. That’s all a father ever wants for his children, to see them grow in good judgment through obedience to Him

upload_2020-12-25_22-22-3.jpeg

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptures are indeed searching; what joyful truth there is in them to be received by faith, because of the work at the Cross of the Saviour, Whose coming into the world many are currently remembering! :)
Perhaps 'many', but if the many is few among the billions, we amy still see why Jesus wept. Are also weeping?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isnt that all we have to do, believe in the works the Christ did?? , do you think you will have an exam on bible questions to get in?? I quote teh bible because liek many you wont listen to anything else, funnily enough when speaking to non christians you just need to tell them about Jesus, no need toquote text or verse.
Indeed for the devil and the atheists are also able to quote scripture. What is needed is the quickening Spirit in us bringing to Life what we have consumed if it is indeed something good! Manna! What is it?