John 3.16: Simple Gospel truth and profound theology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The words that I speak a<fify> are Spirit and they are life,,, the bible is not spirit and has no life in it.

At the very least, Jesus' words in the Bible are spirit and they are life.

What did Jesus say? "I will give you the Holy Spirit, and He will guide you into all truth"

He said this at least to Peter.

Peter substantiated Paul's writings as being scripture, in 2 Peter 3:15-16.

And in Paul's writings, we find the abject truth that all scripture is inspired (breathed into) by God and is profitable for doctrine, etc.

Thus, all the words of the Holy Bible are spirit and the are life; because God has breathed His very spirit and life into them.

next..............

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thus, all the words of the Holy Bible are spirit and the are life; because God has breathed His very spirit and life into them.
So

Mar 8:32 And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him.
Mar 8:33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

what Peter spoke is Spirit and life though its straight from the pits of hell.. Ok.

Our life is in Christ and the bible only puts you to the one who is life, you wont find life outside oh Him not even in the Bible, He said so,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

all you have to do is open your mouth and ask Him, but if the bible is first than you have made Him last, He must be first in all things

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even in the scripture that you have quoted, the scriptures testify of Christ.

How is it, then, that you do not accept the whole of what they testify?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt, but not everyone that claims they believe, do.
Amen! There are genuine believers and there are make believers and it's not hard to find them mixed together in various Christian churches and on various Christian forum sites.

John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:16 is a most abused and misunderstood verse. This verse actually shows forth the results of Gods redemptive Love in giving His Only begotten Son. It was for them believing, that they should not perish, but having everlasting life. Jn 3:16 is not in any regard making believing a condition man must perform to get everlasting life, nor is it a command given in this verse. The word believing is a present tense participle in this verse, it denotes them which are presently believing, they are actively believing, and it was for these ones God so loved the world for, that He gave His only begotten Son. And so its in regards to them believing, and them which shall believe through the word of Gods servants as per Jn 17:20

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Its correct to say, that God so loved the believing world, its for the believing world, and the ones yet to believe, that God gave His only begotten Son !

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:16 is a most abused and misunderstood verse. This verse actually shows forth the results of Gods redemptive Love in giving His Only begotten Son. It was for them believing, that they should not perish, but having everlasting life. Jn 3:16 is not in any regard making believing a condition man must perform to get everlasting life, nor is it a command given in this verse. The word believing is a present tense participle in this verse, it denotes them which are presently believing, they are actively believing, and it was for these ones God so loved the world for, that He gave His only begotten Son. And so its in regards to them believing, and them which shall believe through the word of Gods servants as per Jn 17:20

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Its correct to say, that God so loved the believing world, its for the believing world, and the ones yet to believe, that God gave His only begotten Son !
Believing is a choice that people make or fail to make.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope.

No scripture that substantiates your pov, I take it?
Faith to believe is given Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake
You don't seem to care about what scripture says anyway.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith to believe is given Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake
You don't seem to care about what scripture says anyway.
One must receive the gift of faith to be able to own it.