John 6:66 - Why did many disciples stop following Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But there is hope you can be brought over to the true way the people of God meet.

The truth is established on the testimony of 2 or 3 witnesses..

The Church in Rome, the Church in Alexandria, and the Church in Constantinople are 3 2000 year old living witnesses to the way 'the people of God meet'

What you got?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can be abrupt and to the point and be civil too.

It's amazing he had the gall to call out Methodist gays with the 2x4 of the Catholic gay, pedophile priests in his own denominational eye. That's civil, but it's also to the point. Sometimes you just don't mince words. But you always remain polite and civil.

This is true, but we have to make sure that love is our motive. We are to speak the truth in love....

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Church in Rome, the Church in Alexandria, and the Church in Constantinople are 3 2000 year old living witnesses to the way 'the people of God meet'

What you got?
How about the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit? God's Spirit (within us) bears witness with our spirits....

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How about the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit? God's Spirit (within us) bears witness with our spirits....

To how the peope of God gather?

Do you think HE has told you something different than what He told your brothers and sisters for 2000 years?

They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.

Peace!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What you got?
This......

1 Corinthians 14:26-33
26What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a psalm or a teaching, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. All of these must be done to build up the church.27If anyone speaks in a tongue, two, or at most three, should speak in turn, and someone must interpret. 28But if there is no interpreter, he should remain silent in the church and speak only to himself and God.29Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said. 30And if a revelation comes to someone who is seated, the first speaker should stop. 31For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged. 32The spirits of prophets are subject to prophets. 33For God is not a God of disorder, but of peace—as in all the churches of the saints.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To how the peope of God gather?

Do you think HE has told you something different than what He told your brothers and sisters for 2000 years?

They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.

Peace!
No, not at all. I have what God said 2000 years ago. That scripture above this post. ^^^

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is true, but we have to make sure that love is our motive. We are to speak the truth in love....
I'm good with that. I don't want to hurt anybody. I'm going to speak the truth bluntly and pointedly, but make it my goal to not do harm to another doing that.

Romans 13:10
10Love does no wrong to its neighbor.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This......

1 Corinthians 14:26-33
26What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a psalm or a teaching, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. All of these must be done to build up the church.27If anyone speaks in a tongue, two, or at most three, should speak in turn, and someone must interpret. 28But if there is no interpreter, he should remain silent in the church and speak only to himself and God.29Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said. 30And if a revelation comes to someone who is seated, the first speaker should stop. 31For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged. 32The spirits of prophets are subject to prophets. 33For God is not a God of disorder, but of peace—as in all the churches of the saints.

What's your point?

Does the order and peace that the Church demonstrates by worshipping with one voice and one heart and one mind offend you?

Peace!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, not at all. I have what God said 2000 years ago. That scripture above this post. ^^^

That scripture demonstrates that Christ founded a community through the apostles..
That community has grown and filled the whole Earth in fulfillment of the scriptures.

Peace be with you!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It really does boil down to whether a person truly believes in Jesus Christ from the heart. There have been many people throughout history who have paid lip service to the gospel of Christ, but very few who have lived it by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Let no man , woman or child argue with this . You are correct on this one .
Most folks pay lip service , but their hearts are from from HIM . and their works prove it . They love sin . OH they can pick to fight against some sins , BUT TOUCH their sin and they will bite your head off and make excuse for their own love of their own evils .
And all the while they point the finger at others who might sin , OR they embrace others who sin to help cover their own sin .
Either way its deadly and death . A LAMB who is truly born of GOD , LOVES JESUS . AND THUS they LOVE HIS EVERY SAYING .
NOW hands up and praise the GLORIOUS LORD .

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That scripture demonstrates that Christ founded a community through the apostles..
That community has grown and filled the whole Earth in fulfillment of the scriptures.

Peace be with you!
By “community,” do you mean the Catholic Church, capital “c”? Or do you mean ALL believers inside and outside the Catholic Church?

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's your point?

Does the order and peace that the Church demonstrates by worshipping with one voice and one heart and one mind offend you?

Peace!
No , but the worship of all those idols i do have a problem with . IF you are speaking of the roman church that is .
Phillip . you seem like such a nice , kind and caring man . please do not get offended at what i say .
I truly do love you . But let us open bibles only and learn the one true JESUS for ourselves . Learn the beauty of those
wonderous words . Words of the aposltes too . WHICH about every pope has contradicted .
I do not mean to seem mean or hateful . But i do and have researched many denominations my friend .
AND i go to the mouth of the horse when i examine . AKA , that means if i am examining Rome or any other
I Got to its source . its own people . AND i am telling you , begging you , and pleading with you , flee rome .
AT least start over in the bible only and pray feverent . AS i too will pray for you my dear friend . We are truly running out of time
I desire life for you , good for you . SO i point to the only HOPE one has . THE TRUE BIBLICAL JESUS and learn those apostels too .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By “community,” do you mean the Catholic Church, capital “c”? Or do you mean ALL believers inside and outside the Catholic Church?
That is a good question . But i think you already know the answer to it .
What does Rome believe . The church itself . I am so sorry for so many people . I know i must seem as a monster
and such a hater to so many . BUT I LOVE THEM . let all that draws breath flee rome and any false doctrine . COME TO JESUS .
My heart aches for the people . I always leave many sites with much tears . SO FEW do hear , so few do heed .
But i am not pointing people to me . I AM doing everything i can to point them back to JESUS and that means , LEARN THOSE BIBLES WELL .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH they formed a community all right . And rome has nothing to do with that community .
I truly am so sorry for so many . We are indeed running out of time . I know most laugh at that too .
But we are my friend . ALL i want is souls in heaven . But my goodness how the words i often say get so rejected .
All we can do my friend is point to JESUS . And that means get folks into those bibles and bring those reminders .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What you got?
not my witnesses my friend . JESUS WORDS are my witness and that is the witness of TWO . FOR GOD was with HIM and IN HIM .
And my third witness , well , that is the words of the apostels who gave testimony unto the glorious TRUTH of JESUS .
As for those institutions . No . You are loved my friend . Take no offense to what i say .
Just return to the bible and pray TO GOD . start fresh and anew .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm good with that. I don't want to hurt anybody. I'm going to speak the truth bluntly and pointedly, but make it my goal to not do harm to another doing that.

Romans 13:10
10Love does no wrong to its neighbor.
I honestly have no idea who you are or what you believe . BUT i can say this . THE TRUTH must always be spoken
whether grave or however . so long as our desire is truly for the good of those we speak too .
But if folks want examples of gravity and seriousness , look to JESUS himself in the gosples . And look how the apostles were described
in acts and their letters . They were quite serious and false ones , well they didnt bode too well in their presence .
I know paul personally , BY the POWER of GOD , had one blinded . and we should have seen how peter corrected
that one man . THEY did NOT play around . THEY spoke truth and acted accordingly , JUST as JESUS had first done .
OH , most folks need a good refreshing n the bible . Many would be amazed
at how different men are today , as opposed to how they were back then . THE thing is , the pattern should never have been changed .
Be encouraged .

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
A drowning man is spotted nby a boat which comes over, throws him a line and pulls him into the boat and brings him to shore.... At what point was he saved? When the boat spotted him? When he grabbed the line? When he was brought into the boat? When he reached shore?
Yes, I hear many use and give the same analogy to support what they think is how the salvation of God is. But as often as the analogy is used, its error affect many and are misled.

The analogy is way way off the mark. In the analogy, the drowning man is the condemned sinner and the one in the boat is the savior. The one in the boat throws a line to the drowning man whom he spotted. It is up for the drowning man to either grab the line or not and be saved. However, in the salvation of God, He did not just throw a line to a drowning Mankind and that's it. God did not by chance spotted a drowning person and just throw a line to him and that's it.

There are many analogies in scriptures, such as the good shepherd and his lost sheep, the parable of the wheat and the tares. I wonder why they don't seem to want to use such biblical analogies and invent their own.

(@Prayer Warrior )

Tong
R1255

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
All of these questions are answered by the Church if you really wanted answers (see link below), but you don't. You want to complain and pretend you're following the Holy Spirit through your own biblical interpretations. You want human evidence because you lack faith in Jesus just like the disciples. To believe is to believe in what Jesus preached, not to mix his words for your own demise.

This post is about my question to you! You never gave me a logical answer! Why did the disciples leave Jesus?

Catechism of the Catholic Church - The sacrament of the Eucharist
Just like in your first attempt to evade the questions, where you find the need even to give a link for such very simple questions, the link you provided, again does not answer the questions.

I appeal to kindness and honesty, instead of the excuses, ad hominem, and the links, since you claim to have the answers, perhaps you can just answer them yourself.

P.S. Only now that I learned from the link that the Catholic Church worships the Eucharist.

Tong
R1256

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
This post is about my question to you! You never gave me a logical answer! Why did the disciples leave Jesus?
My first post under this thread was my answer to that question. That's post #28.

"Because it has not been granted to them by the Father. They were not given by the Father to the Son for salvation."

Tong
R1257

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

By community, i mean that community that shares in the One Bread that Jesus broke and gave to the apostles, and the One Cup that He blessed and likewise gave them..

If Rome is your stumbling block, then come to the Feast with Alexandria, come with Constantinople... But come!

Peace be with you!