John Darby

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A day is as a thousand years, -- and IT IS A THOUSAND YEARS!!! :)
Bobby Jo

For God a day is as a 1000 years and a 1000 years is as a day!!! Jesus says believers ARE TO KNOW when that day is very near and to be ready to meet Jesus in the clouds!!!Are you ready???

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the record you guys my original post was complete satire.
I was using extreme fiction to point out the illogical reasoning of always bringing up Darby as if it means he had to be the first just because he popularised it.
This thread was supposed to be about John Darby?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For God a day is as a 1000 years and a 1000 years is as a day!!! Jesus says believers ARE TO KNOW when that day is very near and to be ready to meet Jesus in the clouds!!!Are you ready???

You know...despite our differences in what we believe might be coming...darn tooting I'm ready!
And I don't care how it goes down. :p

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
J. N. Darby wrote;
We are bound to do good to every man, whoever it is; but the pretension of men is, that at bottom there is something good in a man...
Darby was indeed strong on Ephesians; he clearly recognized spiritual death in Ephesians 2, the solution to which is indeed the intervening grace of God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any day now Jesus will shout, "come up here" =the rapture (catching up of believers) before the tribulation judgments and then after the great tribulation Jesus will return with the raptured believers and set up His 1000 year kingdom on earth then after the 1000 years the earth will be cleansed and renewed by fire and then the new Jerusalem will desend and God will make His home here with His family of born-again believers=sons of God and joint heirs with Jesus!!! PTL. FOR ALL ETERNITY!!
Excellent post.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We choose!!! Will we believe the words of Darby or God??
The Lord...Choose life !!!
In other words: Reject Darby! And his false teachings!
We cannot 'choose' our future, that is fully prophesied in the Bible. The holy people of God; every faithful Christian from every race, nation and language, will go to live in all of the holy land, blessed by the Lord. Isaiah 35:1-10, Zechariah 8:1-8, Romans 9:24-26

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Reject Darby! ...

FALSE! --

1 Cor. 12:20 As it is, there are many parts, yet one body. 21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.”

We all have GIFTINGS, but not ALL GIFTINGS.
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So does anyone believe that John Darby also came up with idea of sliced bread?
You ...

Maybe you've "played church" so long, that you play games wherever you go. -- Have you considered bothering people who are equally immature?

1 Cor. 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

Bobby Jo

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
FALSE! --

1 Cor. 12:20 As it is, there are many parts, yet one body. 21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.”

We all have GIFTINGS, but not ALL GIFTINGS.
Bobby Jo
Right, we shouldn't knock the man, but reject his teachings, the false, incredible notion of people being whisked up to heaven before any trials or Judgment.