John Darby

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says==Luke 21:36 36Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."
1 Thess 5:9: For God has not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ

Yep, so be PREPARED to ENDURE, -- versus Peter who was caught off-guard in the courtyard:

Rev. 13:10 ... Here is a call for the endurance and faith of the saints.
Rev. 14:12 Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

... and don't forget to use your PURSE to fill your BAG, -- and sell your CLOAK to buy a SWORD ...
Bobby Jo

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, so be PREPARED to ENDURE, -- versus Peter who was caught off-guard in the courtyard:

Rev. 13:10 ... Here is a call for the endurance and faith of the saints.
Rev. 14:12 Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

... and don't forget to use your PURSE to fill your BAG, -- and sell your CLOAK to buy a SWORD ...
Bobby Jo

""Prepar to endure""??? Read the words of Jesus again slowly!!!
Luke 21:36 36Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to ""escape ""all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."
1 Thess 5:9: For God has ""not appointed us to wrath""", but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
""Prepare to endure""??? Read the words of Jesus again slowly!!!
Luke 21:36 36Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to ""escape ""all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."
1 Thess 5:9: For God has ""not appointed us to wrath""", but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ

Yep, as I've already addressed. But I can understand that your church Doctrine supersedes Scripture. It happens all the time with "religious" people.

Bobby Jo

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, as I've already addressed. But I can understand that your church Doctrine supersedes Scripture. It happens all the time with "religious" people.

Bobby Jo

""Prepare to endure""??? Read the words of Jesus again slowly!!! Do you understand the word "escape"? ""not appointed us to wrath""",?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
""Prepare to endure""??? Read the words of Jesus again slowly!!! Do you understand the word "escape"? ""not appointed us to wrath""",?
The Luke 21 passage - as Matthew 24 - seems to refer to tribulation saints, after the church has been raptured.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Luke 21 passage - as Matthew 24 - seems to refer to tribulation saints, after the church has been raptured.
Luke 21:34-36 applies to everybody on earth. There is no 'rapture to heaven' for the Church before or after the Lord's Day of fiery wrath.
Thinking that verse 36 means removal, is a Biblical contradiction of verse 35...that day will come upon everyone, the whole world over.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
You play your childish games, and then cry because others won't play your games with you.

Go find an apron, and cry into it ...
Bobby Jo

Sounds like you're just mad that I pointed out your idiocy with my satire.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-25-18-48-51.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-25-18-48-51.png
    128.9 KB · Views: 0

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... ""Prepare to endure""??? Read the words of Jesus again slowly!!! Do you understand the word "escape"? ...

If you have "PREPARED " your "pantry", you can "ESCAPE" starvation. And if you've "PREPARED" your mind, you can "ESCAPE" denying Jesus. But for me, if I've properly "PREPARED" the cabin, I can "ESCAPE" dependence on society and possibly having a nuclear weapon dropped in my lap.

So have you "PREPARED" so you too can "ESCAPE", or will you be held HOSTAGE to ARREST/IMPRISONMENT/MURDER, and yield your Savior in the process?

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

You've been told, have you obeyed? -- We all choose ...
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If you have "PREPARED " your "pantry", you can "ESCAPE" starvation. And if you've "PREPARED" your mind, you can "ESCAPE" denying Jesus.

But for me, if I've properly "PREPARED" the cabin, I can "ESCAPE" dependence on society and possibly having a nuclear weapon dropped in my lap.

So are you "PREPARED" so you too can "ESCAPE", or will you be held HOSTAGE to ARREST/IMPRISONMENT/MURDER, and yield your Savior in the process?

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

You've been told, have you obeyed? -- We all choose ...
Bobby Jo
Are you thinking in terms maybe of Idaho survivalist / Waco apocalyptic theology?

Just wondered.

For myself, I would see Matthew 24 and Luke 21 to be about tribulation saints after the church has gone.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you thinking in terms maybe of Idaho survivalist / Waco apocalyptic theology? ...

Jesus gave these LAST INSTRUCTIONS to the Disciples before proceeding to the Garden of Gethsemane.

But you don't have to obey Jesus' words. I'm quite sure you'll do just fine without them! :)
Bobby Jo

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Jesus gave these LAST INSTRUCTIONS to the Disciples before proceeding to the Garden of Gethsemane.

But you don't have to obey Jesus' words. I'm quite sure you'll do just fine without them! :)
Bobby Jo
Oh I love the Lord's Supper. "And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives". I see the passage you may be referring to; maybe I follow you better now; thanks.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
... childishness. And not "mad", just disappointed, -- so I admonished you. Maybe when you're more mature, you can receive it! :)

Bobby Jo

Satire doesn't equal childishness
Calling someone names for disagreeing with you does and shows lack of character.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The wording of Scripture about the aspect of the Lord's coming as it relates to the church and the aspect of the Lord's coming as it relates to Israel doesn't depend on Darby...

In Christ ALL are Israel,ie,Christian. the two cannot be separated .You either believe in Christ or you don't.We are grafted into one of two tree's satans or Christ,period!!!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Show me one verse for a post trib rapture.

Paul does not say the antichrist will be revealed. That is changing the text of 2 Thessalonians 2. The lawless one is the false prophet. Satan is the deceiver. The only two mentioned in 2 Thessalonians 2.

There have always been antichrist, they come and go like popcorn. Looking for an Antichrist is chasing a rabbit down a hole to Satan's wonderland. Best not chase rabbits.

The man of sin is the anti christ whom is satan himself

II Thessalonians 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come [it will not be], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

Jesus Christ is not gathering anyone to Him, nor is He coming here to earth, except there be a falling away first. The word for "falling away", in the Greek is "apostasy". Jesus told us in His revelation to John, in Revelation 9:11, that "Apollyon" is one of Satan's names, and this name is derived from the word apostasy.

The word "perdition" means "one that perishes". Satan and only Satan has already been condemned to die [to perish] by God. Satan's judgment day has come already back in the first earth age, and he will have no part in the Great White Throne judgment, or any other judgment yet to come. He has already been judged, and sentence by God to death "perdition" [Ezekiel 28 covers this judgment].

What did Paul say again?

Jesus Christ is coming back to this earth, but the saints of Christ will not be gathered to Him until the "son of perdition" [Satan] be revealed first.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Show me one verse for a post trib rapture.

Paul does not say the antichrist will be revealed. That is changing the text of 2 Thessalonians 2. The lawless one is the false prophet. Satan is the deceiver. The only two mentioned in 2 Thessalonians 2.

There have always been antichrist, they come and go like popcorn. Looking for an Antichrist is chasing a rabbit down a hole to Satan's wonderland. Best not chase rabbits.

Matthew 24:3 "And as He sat upon the mount of Olives the disciples came unto Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when shall these things be and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"

Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not have her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:"

This is saying that immediately after that tribulation of Satan, which is the Antichrist deception, Christ will be coming back to earth, and marks the second advent. There are two tribulations, and you had better know the difference.

Matthew 24:30 "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."

This is after the tribulation of the deception, after the Antichrist ruled and claimed himself to be God, and after all the events of the first six seals are over; Then Jesus Christ, the Son of man will come to earth in the clouds of heaven, which are all those souls that have lived, died and gone to be with the Lord. Then the true Christ, the true Messiah, who is the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world, will come and claim His own, and not one moment before.

What part of after the tribulation are you not understanding?