JOHN

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no, here we go again...I don't know if that was a reliable source I was using that said resh means/can mean wicked

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe the beginning of the book of John is blatantly referring us back to the beginning of Genesis with the wording the author (John) chose?
Absolutely.

Before the Simulation was created, there was the Software Code...

full

If you think yes, do you think he also intended to show that the light spoken of in Genesis before the sun was created was Jesus?

It fits this verse...

John 8:12
"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life"

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, since this light and darkness cannot be caused by sun and moon which haven't been created yet, should we look at the Hebrew definitions within the definition that do NOT connote our human way of seeing by sun and moon?
I say Yes...

full

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some thoughts...

Greater Light = Father
Lesser Light = Mother
Stars = Children

Genesis 37:9
"And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me"

or...

Greater Light = Father
Lesser Light = Word
Stars = Holy Ghost

Revelation 21:23
"And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof"

or...

Greater Light = Abraham
Lesser Light = Sarah
Stars = Israel

Genesis 15:5
"And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be"

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say Yes...

full

I do too! I don't think there would be THAT many places in the bible where I would take the most obscure, or least used, or evil part of duality to apply to a word, but I think in this instance (the first mention of darkness and light) it is correct to do so.

Reactions: Base12

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And "without form and void" can mean: a worthless thing, a desolation of surface, an undistinguishable ruin.

I think that's a correct definition, given the darkness but no light here yet.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just think the context is that this was a terrible place before the light shined here.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And "without form and void" can mean: a worthless thing, a desolation of surface, an undistinguishable ruin.

I think that's a correct definition, given the darkness but no light here yet.

Does it make sense to say that in the beginning God created heaven and an earth/a partitive place that was an indistinguishable ruin? It does, if this was the abyss He threw Satan to...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it says God created the heavens and the earth but it does not say He saw that it was good.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man, I really like that site. I looked up the breakdown of the letters for Satan/the adversary. I like reading rather than watching a video, so I scroll down to the writing.
The site is livingwordin3d.com
I am thoroughly enjoying it!

The three letters are sheen tet noon.
Sheen - teeth, tear apart, consume.
Tet - snake, to surround, twist, ensnare
Noon - activity, life.

The site says, that Satan IS tet, his GOAL is sheen, and the thing he wants to consume IS noon.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man, I really like that site. I looked up the breakdown of the letters for Satan/the adversary. I like reading rather than watching a video, so I scroll down to the writing.
The site is livingwordin3d.com
I am thoroughly enjoying it!

I'm just now checking out that site. Watching The Living Word in 3D. Good stuff...it's just allot to wrap my mind around...I'm putting this site into my favorites.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like that I can read it instead of listen to the audio. Gives either choice. Maybe I will even begin to recognize some hebrew letters and words...

Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its pretty amazing that in Hebrew the words tell a story AND the letters tell a story. That's WAY more depth than A is for apple, B is for boy...

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe the beginning of the book of John is blatantly referring us back to the beginning of Genesis with the wording the author (John) chose?

If you think yes, do you think he also intended to show that the light spoken of in Genesis before the sun was created was Jesus?

If you believe that light was Jesus, what do you believe the darkness is?

When you are studying Hebrew and Greek, they are defined by how it is used in the verse and Strong's Concordance is not always on top of their game either so discernment is needed.

Reading scripture as is in the KJV, that light created was not Jesus as that light. He is the source of that light that lighteth the world but not the light that was created. The light that was created was for the purpose of establishing evening and morning for each day of creation; hence the 24 hour period. So the first day, evening and morning established the creation of that first day.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you are studying Hebrew and Greek, they are defined by how it is used in the verse and Strong's Concordance is not always on top of their game either so discernment is needed.

Reading scripture as is in the KJV, that light created was not Jesus as that light. He is the source of that light that lighteth the world but not the light that was created. The light that was created was for the purpose of establishing evening and morning for each day of creation; hence the 24 hour period. So the first day, evening and morning established the creation of that first day.

Yeah, but the 1st day was before the sun and moon were created. Actually, I think the second day was marked before the sun and moon also, if I recall.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm telling you, there is a LOT more packed into that opening than the English words convey!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind."

The light was his life and it was a light for mankind. It doesn't say that he was light in the beginning, but that he was the Word. I don't think this has anything to do with literally light and darkness. He became a light for mankind, but he always existed as God, and as the Word. What does "Word" mean?
It has been argued that Jesus is the personification of wisdom as is described in Proverbs 5-8.