"Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Faith" - Has 500 Years Taught Us Nothing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do protest the lies that are put forth by Protestants.

Well I'm not a Protestant.

And what lies? All I see is every time facts are presented you Catholics deny them.

There is no pope in the Bible

Mary is not the mother of God

Saints are all born again believers, not just those the Catholic hierarchy decide are

Mary has never appeared to anyone after her death.

Christ has never appeared to anyone on this earth

Both claims are either lies, a mental issue or demons

Priests cannot forgive sins

The title father is not exist in the church

Holy water is pagan

Easter is pagan as a holy day

Christmas is pagan as a holy day

Prayer beads are pagan

And a whole lot more is pagan

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe this is the way to say it:
God hates sin. The CC sins in every Mass (idolatry) it performs. I think God hates your church.
But, I am commanded to love my enemies, so I must say I do not hate Catholic Christians, even though I hate your church.

All you have to do is read Revelation about the harlot to know God hates the Catholic Church

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe this is the way to say it:
God hates sin. The CC sins in every Mass (idolatry) it performs. I think God hates your church.
But, I am commanded to love my enemies, so I must say I do not hate Catholic Christians, even though I hate your church.
The mass does and Catholics do what Jesus told us to do: "Do this in remembrance of me".

And you think God hates that?

If you hate the Church and it's doctrines you in effect hate the people that adhere to that churches doctrines. So stop playing a word game.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I'm not a Protestant.

And what lies? All I see is every time facts are presented you Catholics deny them.

There is no pope in the Bible

Mary is not the mother of God

Saints are all born again believers, not just those the Catholic hierarchy decide are

Mary has never appeared to anyone after her death.

Christ has never appeared to anyone on this earth

Both claims are either lies, a mental issue or demons

Priests cannot forgive sins

The title father is not exist in the church

Holy water is pagan

Easter is pagan as a holy day

Christmas is pagan as a holy day

Prayer beads are pagan

And a whole lot more is pagan
Lol....Your beliefs are the creation of The Reformation. Anyone that adheres to the doctrines, beliefs or practices of The Reformers or their ilk is a Protestant, therefore you are a protestant.

I see you deny that Jesus is God....How sad for you and your belief that was put forth by Protestants.....ooops, your not a Protestant. You should read scripture.

Please take the time to read scripture: Numbers 5:17

Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Christ. When did pagans celebrate the birth of Christ???

Bible study Mary

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol....Your beliefs are the creation of The Reformation. Anyone that adheres to the doctrines, beliefs or practices of The Reformers or their ilk is a Protestant, therefore you are a protestant.

I see you deny that Jesus is God....How sad for you and your belief that was put forth by Protestants.....ooops, your not a Protestant. You should read scripture.

Please take the time to read scripture: Numbers 5:17

Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Christ. When did pagans celebrate the birth of Christ???

Bible study Mary

I do not deny Christ. I denying the cult Catholicism.

The pagans did not celebrate the birth of Christ. They celebrated the festival of Saturnella which the Catholics turned into Christmas. Do some study.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not deny Christ. I denying the cult Catholicism.

The pagans did not celebrate the birth of Christ. They celebrated the festival of Saturnella which the Catholics turned into Christmas. Do some study.
Saturnalia—a festival of the god Saturn. This holiday was celebrated on December 17, and though it was later expanded to include the days leading up to December 23, it was over before December 25. A Christian celebration on December 25th would not supplant Saturnalia.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We do protest the lies that are put forth by Protestants.
n o you just protest against God Christ The Holy Spirit and the truth, that your doctrines are greater than Gods, makes you and Hypocrits, this little bit

Mat 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

and again

Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

and just in case you have no understanding

Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
Col 2:23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

and to be doubly sure

1Ti_4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

so now you will never be able to say "i didnt know"

Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

and this which is the best description of it all

1Co_6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

and one more

1Co_6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

thats why you all sound the same just as the SDA's do.

and just for you

Mat_23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You go ahead an look up any and every blasphemous papal quote that we here who expose the papacy as the Antichrist of prophecy, and you'll see that your own pathetic organization condemns itself as such by it's own words. Papists can NEVER claim victory over Protestantism because the papacy is of the devil and Protestantism is of the truth.

She (Catholicism, the system, NOT the individual Catholics in the church) is not called the Mother of Harlots (plural) for no reason, she has daughters all of whom share her spirit (i.e. the various Protestant denominations), who have even consented that she is the mother church.

Both mother and daughters stand condemned before the Lord, "Fallen, fallen is Babylon the Great."

"Come out of her my people"

Reactions: Phoneman777

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saturnalia—a festival of the god Saturn. This holiday was celebrated on December 17, and though it was later expanded to include the days leading up to December 23, it was over before December 25. A Christian celebration on December 25th would not supplant Saturnalia.

So what?

The Catholics picked December 25 because they calculated, incorrectly, that was when Christ was born. Then they adapted the pagan festival to serve their purposes.

The Christmas tree, Yule Log and other aspects of Christmas also were adopted from paganism.

Try as you will but the origins of Christmas are pagan.

There are no holy days in the New Testament.

Easter came from the worship of Ishtar.

To bring pagan societies into the Catholic fold adopting portions of their religions was the norm. As in Easter, Christmas, Queen Mary, holy water and prayer beads.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Attempting to teach the ignorant of Biblical realities is a lot like leading stubborn horse to water. I simply can't make you drink the truth - I can only present it to you.

In post #570, I laid out the biblical, historical and geographical realities about the "Whore" of Babylon to you - and just like I expected - it went in ONE ear and dribbled out the other.

John was writing about Nero and the 1st century "Whore", which is a CITY. Vatican city didn't exist in the 1st century, Einstein.
This is a LOT like watching an inept treasure hunter ignoring his map and digging in the WRONG spot . . .
John saw the whore riding a beast - a fit description of the catholic church controlling the secular state - reigning over the kings of the Earth, and there isn't a thing you can do to change history, Jesuit Dead Bread.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John saw the whore riding a beast - a fit description of the catholic church controlling the secular state - reigning over the kings of the Earth, and there isn't a thing you can do to change history, Jesuit Dead Bread.
And you've already been shown that the "Whore" is Jerusalem.
The Bible says it - and there isn't a thing you can do about that, Einstein.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
never said it was, what has that to do with the conversation... and reasoning is men trying to figure things out for them self, what has reasoning got to do with truth.
You accused me of engaging in "ridicule" and I'm setting the record straight that I don't, I reason and am open to be reasoned with.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You accused me of engaging in "ridicule" and I'm setting the record straight that I don't, I reason and am open to be reasoned with.
And i was not talking of the ridicule but the blaspheme, what makes your religion better than theirs, you bow down to your leaders and your religions doctrines just as they do, so what make one harlot better than another. that thing about the beam in ones eye thingy, get yourself sorted out with your problems before yo go telling them about theirs, why should they listen to you, you offer them nothing better, just another religion.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what?

The Catholics picked December 25 because they calculated, incorrectly, that was when Christ was born. Then they adapted the pagan festival to serve their purposes.

The Christmas tree, Yule Log and other aspects of Christmas also were adopted from paganism.

Try as you will but the origins of Christmas are pagan.

There are no holy days in the New Testament.

Easter came from the worship of Ishtar.

To bring pagan societies into the Catholic fold adopting portions of their religions was the norm. As in Easter, Christmas, Queen Mary, holy water and prayer beads.
Too much Alexander Hislop manure - not enough historical fact.
December 25th has been recognized as the birthday of Jesus since the 2nd century.

As for "Easter" - it is an modern English word. Some philologists say that Easter comes from the word "east", referring to the rising of the sun, a metaphor for the Resurrection of Christ (see Malachi 4:2). The Dictionary of Bible and Religion mentions yet another possible origin:

Quote:
More recent studies seem to indicate that Easter may be derived from the Latin phrase hebdomada alba, the old term for Easter week based upon the wearing of white robes by the newly baptized. The octave of Easter, the following week, was known as post albas, the time when the white robes were put away....Easter may thus mean "white" and be named from early Christian baptismal practices.
{"Easter", The Dictionary of Bible and Religion, (Nashville, TN: Abingdon, 1986) 287}

Paranoia and idiocy are no match for good ol' homework . . .

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too much Alexander Hislop manure - not enough historical fact.
December 25th has been recognized as the birthday of Jesus since the 2nd century.

As for "Easter" - it is an modern English word. Some philologists say that Easter comes from the word "east", referring to the rising of the sun, a metaphor for the Resurrection of Christ (see Malachi 4:2). The Dictionary of Bible and Religion mentions yet another possible origin:

Quote:
More recent studies seem to indicate that Easter may be derived from the Latin phrase hebdomada alba, the old term for Easter week based upon the wearing of white robes by the newly baptized. The octave of Easter, the following week, was known as post albas, the time when the white robes were put away....Easter may thus mean "white" and be named from early Christian baptismal practices.
{"Easter", The Dictionary of Bible and Religion, (Nashville, TN: Abingdon, 1986) 287}

Paranoia and idiocy are no match for good ol' homework . . .

In the course the dictionary you listed is Catholic approved.

And of course there's no connection between Latin the Catholic Church.

Octave of Easter is Catholic.

Real shocker.

Fact remains neither the Catholic Church or Easter existed when the book of Romans was written.

Funny that non-Catholic sources say Ishtar is the source that Catholicism adopted.

Your devotion is not the Christ or the Bible. It is to Catholicism, which is a cult that brainwashes people like you.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the course the dictionary you listed is Catholic approved.
And of course there's no connection between Latin the Catholic Church.
Octave of Easter is Catholic.
Real shocker.

Fact remains neither the Catholic Church or Easter existed when the book of Romans was written.

Funny that non-Catholic sources say Ishtar is the source that Catholicism adopted.

Your devotion is not the Christ or the Bible. It is to Catholicism, which is a cult that brainwashes people like you.
Nonsense.

Not only is The Dictionary of Bible and Religion NOT a Catholic publication - it contains neither a nihil obstat nor an imprimatur from the Catholic Church. In other words- you're just blowing HOT WIND because you've lost this argument.

As for your completely asinine conspiracy theory about Latin and the Catholic Church - Latin is simply the official language of the documents of the Church. There is nothing "sinister" about Latin, Einstein. You would have to come to the same conclusions about Latin and the medical and legal worlds . . .

Finally - I debunked the Easter/Ishtar nonsense using NON-Catholic scholarly sources.

As I told you before - paranoia and idiocy are no match for good ol' homework . . .