"Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Faith" - Has 500 Years Taught Us Nothing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luther was so obsessed with his own sinful scrupulosity that he had to invent Sola Fide and Sola Scriptura to hep him perform his Scriptural acrobatics.
In your ignorance - YOU'VE simply fallen into the same trap . . .
He didn't invent them...God's Word founded them. The same can't be said of your papists blasphemous doctrines, though. God didn't invent them. Even papists didn't invent them.

They are straight out of paganism, which is why God is going to have to punish the papal Beast by casting it into the Lake of Fire.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHO keeps sacrificing Him "over and over"?
Are you really that ignorant - or just too dense to pick up a Catechism and read it??

Sometimes, I wonder about you, Einstein . . .
C'mon, Jesuit Dead Bread, do you mean to tell me that the "Corpus Christi" presented at the mass isn't a dead Christ? Can the man Christ Jesus be simultaneously "alive" and "dead"? The pope carries that staff with the golden emaciated, dead Christ hanging on the Cross (THE EXACT SAME CHRIST FIGURE USED BY SATANISTS) and yet we're not to conclude the obvious? How about you leave the Whore of Babylon and join us in our worship of Christ "in spirit and in truth" instead of trusting in the harlot of Revelation 17? Do you know that a woman caught in adultery was stoned, but the daughter of a priest caught in adultery was to be "burned with fire"? That will be the fate of the "woman who sits on seven (Roman) hills".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHO keeps sacrificing Him "over and over"?
Are you really that ignorant - or just too dense to pick up a Catechism and read it??

Sometimes, I wonder about you, Einstein . . .
Jesuit Dead Bread, the papacy sacrifices Jesus morning and evening, just as the lamb of the OT was. Stop trying to deny it. Daniel said the papal "little horn" would "cast the truth to the ground" and what the papacy has thought to do is snatch from Christ's possession His ministry in the heavenly Sanctuary and retain possession of it on Earth, not knowing that Christ is the "One mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus." Can't wait for the day when the papal Beast is cast into the Lake of Fire, and I hope you come out of it before then, that "ye be not partakers of her sins and recieve not of her plagues."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He didn't invent them...God's Word founded them. The same can't be said of your papists blasphemous doctrines, though. God didn't invent them. Even papists didn't invent them.

They are straight out of paganism, which is why God is going to have to punish the papal Beast by casting it into the Lake of Fire.
And yet, you CAN'T support either of these fallacies from Scripture.
Come back when you can DO that, junior . . .

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet, you CAN'T support either of these fallacies from Scripture.
Come back when you can DO that, junior . . .
Jesuit Dead Bread, forgive me but I'm not in remembrance to what you're talking about...I literally spend more time thinking about which bathroom tissue to buy than your ridiculous papist opinions.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
C'mon, Jesuit Dead Bread, do you mean to tell me that the "Corpus Christi" presented at the mass isn't a dead Christ? Can the man Christ Jesus be simultaneously "alive" and "dead"? The pope carries that staff with the golden emaciated, dead Christ hanging on the Cross (THE EXACT SAME CHRIST FIGURE USED BY SATANISTS) and yet we're not to conclude the obvious? How about you leave the Whore of Babylon and join us in our worship of Christ "in spirit and in truth" instead of trusting in the harlot of Revelation 17? Do you know that a woman caught in adultery was stoned, but the daughter of a priest caught in adultery was to be "burned with fire"? That will be the fate of the "woman who sits on seven (Roman) hills".
Like I asked you before - Are you really that ignorant - or just too dense to pick up a Catechism and read it??

I'll leave it to Paul and John's pupil, Ignatius of Antioch to explain it to you, Einstein . . .
1 Corinthians 11:27-30
“Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily will have to answer for the BODY AND BLOOD of the Lord. A person should examine himself, and so eat the bread and drink the cup. For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks JUDGMENT on himself. That is why many among you are ill and a considerable number are dying.”

Ignatius of Antioch
Take note of those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ which has come to us, and see how contrary their opinions are to the mind of God. . . . They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer because they do not confess that the EUCHARIST IS THE FLESH OF OUR SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST, flesh which suffered for our sins and which that Father, in his goodness, RAISED UP AGAIN. They who deny the gift of God are perishing in their disputes (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6:2-7:1 [A.D. 110]).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesuit Dead Bread, forgive me but I'm not in remembrance to what you're talking about...I literally spend more time thinking about which bathroom tissue to buy than your ridiculous papist opinions.
I was just reminding you that although you espouse the man-made falsehoods of Sola Fide and Sola Scriptura - you can't prove them from the very Scriptures YOU purport to be our "only Authority", Einstein . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesuit Dead Bread, the papacy sacrifices Jesus morning and evening, just as the lamb of the OT was. Stop trying to deny it. Daniel said the papal "little horn" would "cast the truth to the ground" and what the papacy has thought to do is snatch from Christ's possession His ministry in the heavenly Sanctuary and retain possession of it on Earth, not knowing that Christ is the "One mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus." Can't wait for the day when the papal Beast is cast into the Lake of Fire, and I hope you come out of it before then, that "ye be not partakers of her sins and recieve not of her plagues."
And, if you bothered to READ instead of regurgitating your usual excrement - you would understand that the Eucharist is not a "re-sacrifice". It is a re-presentation of Christ's ONCE FOR ALL sacrifice.

The problem with your inability to grasp this is your abject ignorance of the Scripture that tell us explicitly that His sacrifice is ETERNAL (Heb. 7:25, Rev. 13:8).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That will be the fate of the "woman who sits on seven (Roman) hills".
More ignorance . . .

Pagan Rome sat on 7 hills.
The Vatican doesn't site on ANY of the 7 hills of Rome, Einstein. It sits on Vatican Hill.

The 7 Hills of Rome are:
Aventine Hill
Caelian Hill
Capitoline Hill
Esquiline Hill
Palatine Hill
Quirinal Hill

Viminal Hill

ALL you have to do is read, Einstein . . .

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More ignorance . . .

The Vatican doesn't site on ANY of the 7 hills of Rome, Einstein. It sits on Vatican Hill.

The 7 Hills of Rome are:
Aventine Hill
Caelian Hill
Capitoline Hill
Esquiline Hill
Palatine Hill
Quirinal Hill

Viminal Hill

Revelation does not say it sits on the seven hills of Rome. It says it sits on seven hills.

Since pagan Roman religion was part of the Roman Empire at the time John wrote, there is no conflict saying it sits on seven hills, because it did.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation does not say it sits on the seven hills of Rome. It says it sits on seven hills.

Since pagan Roman religion was part of the Roman Empire at the time John wrote, there is no conflict saying it sits on seven hills, because it did.
No - it doesn't.

Rome - even back then - was known for being in "7 hills". I listed those hills for you - and Vatican hill is NOT one of them. It is WEST of the Tiber "River, whereas, the 7 Hills are all on the OTHER side, Einstein.

Do your HOMEWORK . . .

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - it doesn't.

Rome - even back then - was known for being in "7 hills". I listed those hills for you - and Vatican hill is NOT one of them. It is WEST of the Tiber "River, whereas, the 7 Hills are all on the OTHER side, Einstein.

Do your HOMEWORK . . .

It was not called the Vatican until 11 February 1929.

In Roman times it was a swampy area where some of the emperors built their estates.

I did my homework, you didn't.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was not called the Vatican until 11 February 1929.

In Roman times it was a swampy area where some of the emperors built their estates.

I did my homework, you didn't.
It doesn't matter if it was a LAKE.
The point is that it wasn't one of the 7 Hills of Rome that the "Whore" sits on.

No - you DIDN'T do your homework.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't matter if it was a LAKE.
The point is that it wasn't one of the 7 Hills of Rome that the "Whore" sits on.

No - you DIDN'T do your homework.

Where did I say seven hills of Rome?

Even today, people say the Vatican is in Rome, not Vatican City.

John wrote wrote from the perspective of then.

Then the Vatican didn't exist. Then Roman paganism did.

The Roman paganism of the then was succeeded by the Roman Catholic Church. Both are responsible for multitudes of Christian martyrs.

You're arguing location to try to escape the issue of the deaths.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did I say seven hills of Rome?
Even today, people say the Vatican is in Rome, not Vatican City.
John wrote wrote from the perspective of then.
Then the Vatican didn't exist. Then Roman paganism did.
The Roman paganism of the then was succeeded by the Roman Catholic Church. Both are responsible for multitudes of Christian martyrs.

You're arguing location to try to escape the issue of the deaths.
Nice try - but the Bible is SPECIFIC about the "7 Hills".
Vatican Hill is NOT one of those 7 hills.

NOT
sure where YOU came up with the idea that the name "Vatican" hill didn't exist until 1929 - but you are DEAD wrong. It has been known as "Vaticanum" since the FIRST century.

Again - do your HOMEWORK . . .

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More ignorance . . .

The 7 Hills of Rome are:
Aventine Hill
Caelian Hill
Capitoline Hill
Esquiline Hill
Palatine Hill
Quirinal Hill

Viminal Hill

It's symbolic, Jesuit Dead Bread. "And the woman (the Whore of Revelation 17) is that great city which reigneth over the kings of the Earth."

The city is Rome and the woman whore is none other than the Whore of Babylon which is headquartered right there in Vatican City, the one where your silly Christ-wannabe pope-nothing runs his mouth denouncing walls as un-Christian while he comfortably sits behind the 40 foot walls of the Vatican.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doth protest E,
I read the link quicky, but I have to say that it's referring to the Council of Trent.
500 years ago.

I asked two priests I know and they said the Mass does NOT sacrifice Jesus again.
If THEY don't know, I can't say who would...

The Mass is a remembrance of the sacrifice of Jesus,,,as if we were standing at the foot of the cross --- more than just a memory.

It's good to remember the sacrifice of Jesus. Maybe we protestants have Him too much down to earth and thought of as a man? I'm not sure of this.

Anyway, I do believe you present an incorrect picture of the Mass.
We've been through this before so I suppose you don't accept what I'm telling you.

You should try asking a priest sometime if he's re-sacrificing Jesus at each Mass.

I thought the Mass was a re-presentation of the same sacrifice of (their) Jesus? (without the blood)
It is still an idol, as they worship, bow down and serve a physical object: the bread (wafer) and wine.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought the Mass was a re-presentation of the same sacrifice of (their) Jesus? (without the blood)
It is still an idol, as they worship, bow down and serve a physical object: the bread (wafer) and wine.

They believe the bread is the literal body of Christ and the wine is literal blood.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Silly little Jesuit Dead Bread papist...you all just keep drinking the boozed up mass KoolAid and eating the dead bread of the Eucharists...if you had any sense at all, you'd know that Jesus was "He Who is living, and was dead, and behold (is) alive forevermore."

So why to you silly papists keep sacrificing Him over and over and over when He is "alive forevermore"? Come out of papal Babylon, Jesuit Dead Bread, that "ye be not partakers of her sins and recieve not of her plagues."
Hi Phoneman,

I recently converted to Catholism so I know first hand what the CC teaches and your suggestion that we "keep sacrificing Him over and over and over" is not true.

Do you want to know what we truly believe or do you prefer to stay in your anti-Catholic mindset?

Curious Mary

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Phoneman,

I recently converted to Catholism so I know first hand what the CC teaches and your suggestion that we "keep sacrificing Him over and over and over" is not true.

Do you want to know what we truly believe or do you prefer to stay in your anti-Catholic mindset?

Curious Mary

I think that, even if he knew what the CC 'truly believes', he would (hopefully) 'stay in his anti-Catholic mindset'.