"Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Faith" - Has 500 Years Taught Us Nothing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you've already been shown that the "Whore" is Jerusalem.
The Bible says it - and there isn't a thing you can do about that, Einstein.
No one has shown me that. Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 A.D. and has nothing to do with end times prophecy. The prophecies deal with Christ, His true church of Revelation 12 and the apostate Whore of Babylon of Revelation 17 which resides today in the Vatican.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what makes your religion better than theirs, you bow down to your leaders and your religions doctrines just as they do,
You've evidence I think I'm "better" than someone else or have you seen me bowing down to my leaders?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You've evidence I think I'm "better" than someone else or have you seen me bowing down to my leaders?
Should I ask again, will you leave your religion for Christs sake, whom is it you serve, Him, the law or is it man and his religions, one master which is it? So many say they want to be obedient to Christ yet they wont leave their religions to follow after Him, I would hate to think of what your church leaders would say if you told them you where leaving to follow Jesus, but more care about what men think and not Christ.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should I ask again, will you leave your religion for Christs sake, whom is it you serve, Him, the law or is it man and his religions, one master which is it? So many say they want to be obedient to Christ yet they wont leave their religions to follow after Him, I would hate to think of what your church leaders would say if you told them you where leaving to follow Jesus, but more care about what men think and not Christ.
So, no evidence for your claim I'm condescending or idolatrous?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense.

Not only is The Dictionary of Bible and Religion NOT a Catholic publication - it contains neither a nihil obstat nor an imprimatur from the Catholic Church. In other words- you're just blowing HOT WIND because you've lost this argument.

As for your completely asinine conspiracy theory about Latin and the Catholic Church - Latin is simply the official language of the documents of the Church. There is nothing "sinister" about Latin, Einstein. You would have to come to the same conclusions about Latin and the medical and legal worlds . . .

Finally - I debunked the Easter/Ishtar nonsense using NON-Catholic scholarly sources.

As I told you before - paranoia and idiocy are no match for good ol' homework . . .

Catholic document. I said it was approved by Catholics in contradiction to non-Catholic sources.

And you have not debunked anything.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, no evidence for your claim I'm condescending or idolatrous?[/QUOT]

what like the law, your religion maybe even the bible, that golden calf that men have raised up before God

I shall have no other Gods before me, which is it you serve or is it you cant choose, like so many.

1Sa_15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely you've got a picture or something of me bowing down to my leaders, right?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Surely you've got a picture or something of me bowing down to my leaders, right?
What you are trying to say, is that no, you cant leave your religion, and no, you cant be disobedient to your elders and yes your religions doctrines have power over you and that is how you bow down to them, as they are in place of God, that is idolatry. We are supposed to serve one master, that is Christ, it is your religion that you serve and the proof it is an idol it is killing you as idols have no life and you "refuse", to leave it for His sake. If it was no idol you would be able to walk away from it, but men love their idols.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are trying to say, is that no, you cant leave your religion, and no, you cant be disobedient to your elders and yes your religions doctrines have power over you and that is how you bow down to them, as they are in place of God, that is idolatry. We are supposed to serve one master, that is Christ, it is your religion that you serve and the proof it is an idol it is killing you as idols have no life and you "refuse", to leave it for His sake. If it was no idol you would be able to walk away from it, but men love their idols.
All I do is quote my Scripture in context and then show where your Scripture presentations which lack proper context lead you to draw wrong conclusions. How does that make me and idolater?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one has shown me that. Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 A.D. and has nothing to do with end times prophecy. The prophecies deal with Christ, His true church of Revelation 12 and the apostate Whore of Babylon of Revelation 17 which resides today in the Vatican.
WRONG.
I showed you where SCRIPTURE says that Jerusalem is the "Great City" (Rev. 11:8) and "The Harlot" (Isa. 1:21).

Only TWO kinds of people can't see this:
The blind and the stupid.

Let's hope you're the former and NOT the latter . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholic document. I said it was approved by Catholics in contradiction to non-Catholic sources.

And you have not debunked anything.
That's NOT how it works, Einstein.
If it's not officially approved by the Catholic Church - it's NOT approved.

Doesn't matter how many individual Catholics agree with it.
Do your HOMEWORK . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jerusalem wasn't "destroyed" - the TEMPLE was. Jerusalem was sacked and the people killed - but the walls stand to this day.

Jerusalem was complicit with the Romans in the killing of Christ's followers. Jerusalem is the Whore who was drunk on the blood of God's holy ones - having "fornicated" with the enemy, Babylon (Rome).

Do your HOMEWORK, junior . . .

Some of the Prophecies in Revelation have ALREADY taken place.
It's NOT all future, end times prophecy.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's NOT how it works, Einstein.
If it's not officially approved by the Catholic Church - it's NOT approved.

Doesn't matter how many individual Catholics agree with it.
Do your HOMEWORK . . .

Well, the sources say otherwise.

But the fact doesn't change all of your arguments are Catholic.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I thought the Mass was a re-presentation of the same sacrifice of (their) Jesus? (without the blood)
It is still an idol, as they worship, bow down and serve a physical object: the bread (wafer) and wine.
They believe the bread and wine are the body and blood of Jesus.
If that's true, it wouldn't be idol worship.
I, personally, can't proclaim that they're wrong.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.
I showed you where SCRIPTURE says that Jerusalem is the "Great City" (Rev. 11:8) and "The Harlot" (Isa. 1:21).

Only TWO kinds of people can't see this:
The blind and the stupid.

Let's hope you're the former and NOT the latter . . .
The city of Revelation 11:8 is NOT Jerusalem for these reasons:

1. Jesus wasn't crucified "in the streets of the city" of Jerusalem. Everyone knows that was outside the city, on Golgotha.

2. Jesus is crucified wherever Christianity is crucified at large, for what is done to the least is done to Him.

3. The city which you claim is Jerusalem is "spiritually called Sodom and Egypt" which means "city" is a symbolic reference to something other than just a literal city named Jerusalem.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Mass is NOT the Lord's Supper. A human priest is supposedly making a sacrifice of Christ on an altar, which is not only wrong,but when you think of it, blasphemous. The Bible says that the sacrifice of Christ was ONE SACRIFICE FOR SINS FOREVER.

Please note carefully what the New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia reveals:
If the Mass is to be a true sacrifice in the literal sense, it must realize the philosophical conception of sacrifice. Thus the last preliminary question arises: What is a sacrifice in the proper sense of the term? Without attempting to state and establish a comprehensive theory of sacrifice, it will suffice to show that, according to the comparative history of religions, four things are necessary to a sacrifice:

• a sacrificial gift (res oblata),
  • a sacrificing minister (minister legitimus),
  • a sacrificial action (actio sacrificica), and
  • a sacrificial end or object (finis sacrificii).
This is a VIOLATION of the meaning of the finished work of Christ.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jerusalem wasn't "destroyed" - the TEMPLE was. Jerusalem was sacked and the people killed - but the walls stand to this day.

Jerusalem was complicit with the Romans in the killing of Christ's followers. Jerusalem is the Whore who was drunk on the blood of God's holy ones - having "fornicated" with the enemy, Babylon (Rome).

Do your HOMEWORK, junior . . .

Some of the Prophecies in Revelation have ALREADY taken place.
It's NOT all future, end times prophecy.
The temple was destroyed, the city was burnt, there were thousands of crucifixes set up outside the city and dead Jew corpses inside the city, and the rest of the survivors were carried off to be enslaved or thrown to the lions in Rome...but Jerusalem wasn't destroyed.

Got it.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They believe the bread and wine are the body and blood of Jesus.
If that's true, it wouldn't be idol worship.

Being Catholic of course you will disagree with them.

Reality doesn't change. If it becomes body and blood of Christ that is putting Christ on the cross again again again. His blood was only shed on the cross.

When he ascended the first time he presented his sacrificial body to the father. Then he was glorified, meaning the sacrifice body was made perfect and he didn't have blood anymore.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It's symbolic, Jesuit Dead Bread. "And the woman (the Whore of Revelation 17) is that great city which reigneth over the kings of the Earth."

The city is Rome and the woman whore is none other than the Whore of Babylon which is headquartered right there in Vatican City, the one where your silly Christ-wannabe pope-nothing runs his mouth denouncing walls as un-Christian while he comfortably sits behind the 40 foot walls of the Vatican.
I agree about the wall.
Isn't the whore of Babylon in the region of Babylon??

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Being Catholic of course you will disagree with them.

Reality doesn't change. If it becomes body and blood of Christ that is putting Christ on the cross again again again. His blood was only shed on the cross.

When he ascended the first time he presented his sacrificial body to the father. Then he was glorified, meaning the sacrifice body was made perfect and he didn't have blood anymore.
What makes you think I'm Catholic?
Because I know history and dont hate my Christian Brothers?

Wow.
What a concept!
Jesus said we are to be one.

Reactions: Phoneman777