Judaizers! They Live!!!! They walk among us!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it was only his feet. Spreading his skirt over her meant extending his protection and intention to marry her if he could. There was still that other "near kinsman" who should have offered her protection but had not. I'm sure he may have wanted more, especially since he had been drinking wine; but I don't anything sexual happened since it says she lay at his feet. They hadn't done anything wrong so far as I can see; but Boaz was clever enough to want to avoid any appearance of evil, so he told her to sneak away before dawn. Maybe I'm prejudiced, but I like them both and want to believe the best. I also admire Naomi's cleverness.

It also depicts how male and female are joined together spiritually. I think we err if we think the "lower" position means "inferior." Both are required to be in the proper positions -- the female is closer to the earth so she is positioned between the earth and the feet of the man. Compare to the "fallen woman" anointing Jesus' feet with her hair.

In some ways, the "lower" position can be seen as the better one. I think Eve's error was to buy the serpent's idea that maybe she was inferior somehow -- and that idea is still with us! I suppose it will be with us as long as the struggle between the seed of the woman and seed of the serpent is with us.

Luke 14:11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Indeed, and we probably have enough to talk about already.

lol The customs of the Hebrews / Israelites are interesting....look into that if you are interested.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would be afraid to make a mockery of God's law.

Gal 6:7– Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I think you and Geronimo are making a point much broader than this about God and his word. Thanks for talking to me, friend.

I have been reading along, and I JUST have to slip a thought into this Thread! Time's were tough back in the Day, and Moses gave them a way to Divorce, Because of the Hardness of their Hearts, Right, well what about today, when Men, and or Women, Murder one or the other, Love does not always secure the health of either Spouse. Thus Divorce or live a totally Miserable Life. Just an Opinion!!

Reactions: Giuliano

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been reading along, and I JUST have to slip a thought into this Thread! Time's were tough back in the Day, and Moses gave them a way to Divorce, Because of the Hardness of their Hearts, Right, well what about today, when Men, and or Women, Murder one or the other, Love does not always secure the health of either Spouse. Thus Divorce or live a totally Miserable Life. Just an Opinion!!
Sin is sin, but “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 Jn 1:9.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad you believe in Karma....
I ask myself if Solomon did. Can you expect a woman to behave honorably in a marriage if you have 999 other women? Can you expect any of them to love you?

Ecclesiastes 7:28 Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found.

I wonder if his chances at finding an upright woman would have been better if he had only one wife. What else should expect but intrigue after intrigue with 700 wives and 300 concubines.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mohammed is not the Prophet spoken of by Moses.

John the Baptist was.

Luke 1:76 and context.

Therefore we must heed the words of John the Baptist concerning his testimony about Christ.

Deu 18:15, The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
Deu 18:16, According to all that thou desiredst of the LORD thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not.
Deu 18:17, And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken.
Deu 18:18, I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
Deu 18:19, And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

Jesus is also considered to be that Prophet, by extension.

Acts of the Apostles 3:20-23.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me like that is what you said. If not, then my apologies. Just want to make sure that sound doctrine prevails completely on these boards.
No, I was giving examples of how slaves could be treated humanely. If Mohammed could do it, surely the Jews could have when they had slaves.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I was giving examples of how slaves could be treated humanely. If Mohammed could do it, surely the Jews could have when they had slaves.
It seems to me like you referred to him as "the Prophet."

Sad to say many Muslims have not been as compassionate with their slaves. I rather think the Prophet would have wanted slavery wiped out.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask myself if Solomon did. Can you expect a woman to behave honorably in a marriage if you have 999 other women? Can you expect any of them to love you?

Ecclesiastes 7:28 Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found.

I wonder if his chances at finding an upright woman would have been better if he had only one wife. What else should expect but intrigue after intrigue with 700 wives and 300 concubines.

Unlike his father Solomon was a builder and diplomat...marriages as contracts as treaties most probably. People would not like the concept of harems, but I am thinking that was probably the case....his love was probably the Queen of Sheba.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me like you referred to him as "the Prophet."
I am not one to insult any religion. I tend to use the words any religion uses when I'm discussing that religion. I do not see the point of causing unnecessary friction by offending others when it costs me nothing. I also would not revile him since he agreed that Jesus was Messiah and even that he was born to a virgin. I save my scorn for those who deny Jesus.

Luke 11:23 He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure that I believe that story about Mohammed; it is very likely trumped up to make him look good to prospective converts.
Why allow your imagination to be so negative? Anyone can sit and imagine evil about anyone else. It's not a good thing to do, lest we accuse others falsely.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unlike his father Solomon was a builder and diplomat...marriages as contracts as treaties most probably. People would not like the concept of harems, but I am thinking that was probably the case....his love was probably the Queen of Sheba.
Yes, the 700 wives were princesses, I think. Oh I don't envy him that life.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not one to insult any religion. I tend to use the words any religion uses when I'm discussing that religion. I do not see the point of causing unnecessary friction by offending others when it costs me nothing. I also would not revile him since he agreed that Jesus was Messiah and even that he was born to a virgin. I save my scorn for those who deny Jesus.

Luke 11:23 He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.
Mohammedan religion denies that Jesus is the Son of God.

1Jo 4:15, Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

If I'm not mistaken, there is even a clause in sharia law that states that if someone confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, they are to be beheaded.

At the very least one of Islam's most "holy" sites (in Jerusalem) has a plaque reading that Allah has no sons.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mohammedan religion denies that Jesus is the Son of God.

1Jo 4:15, Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
I'd have to see it in the Quran itself. I know it says God did not "beget" a son in the sense of having sex. They do believe in the Virgin Birth; they don't like the word "beget" -- and I know there is at least one passage in our Bibles where "begotten" is inserted where it doesn't belong.

If I'm not mistaken, there is even a clause in sharia law that states that if someone confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, they are to be beheaded.

At the very least one of Islam's most "holy" sites (in Jerusalem) has a plaque reading that Allah has no sons.
I really doubt beheading in sharia law for that since Islam says Christians and Jews are to be tolerated.