Judgment Day! ==Those Left Behind on Rapture Day!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judgment Day! The "great white throne" judgment taught in Revelation 20:11-15. This is the judgment of those who were not part of the first resurrection - an event we examined earlier in this chapter. Revelation 20:6 says, "Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power."

At the great white throne, Jesus will judge all those who did not take part in the first resurrection. These people lived their lives refusing God's offer of redemption in Him. They did not accept God's way. But He will allow them their day in court. They will have their say and give their excuses.

But be warned. God does not grade on the curve. We must think of God's law as a single thing. Break any of it, and you have broken all of it. You have broken the law. James 2:10 tells us, "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all."

The great books, some of which will be opened on that judgment day. This part of the program will clear up the confusion many Christians feel on this topic. The most important thing is to have your name written in the Lamb's Book of Life. (See Revelation 21:27.) Your own works of righteousness will not put your name there, but His will. If you want to get in, you have to be with Jesus.

In Matthew 7:22-23, Jesus gives us a preview of the kinds of things pious, unsaved people will say as they stand before Him. "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.'"

What are these people doing? They are telling Jesus about the great works they did during life. But the Bible makes it clear over and over that our works will not be enough. What we do for Jesus will not save us. We will be saved by what He has done for us!
Hal Lindsey