*Just a chatting place *

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. x
Dave didn't take me out for a meal...but he cooked me a lovely big breakfast which he brought to me in bed :D
Jane popped by with a really nice birthday cake with 77 on it..and a $100 gift card for Amazon. :)
One of my weaknesses is British or Australian DVD's our faves lol
I also had some phone calls and FaceTime calls too..
Fun day.

I'm having fun just reading about your special day, lol. ♥

B

brakelite

OK...my name is John...married (32 years) with 8 children and 12 grandchildren (so far)... :)
I have 6 children, 3 boys, 3 girls. My youngest boy had a son recently, Ezra, whom we have yet to meet. He lives a days drive away in Sydney. Two of my oldest girls share the other 12 grandchildren between them. One has 5 (lives 2 days drive away in Perth) the other gave us 7, but one deceased at 3 months. My wife of 41 years and I have the joy of living with the remaining 6, with the exception of one who is back home in NZ studying.
I have the best job in the world. I drive a school bus for one of the church schools an hour away. In between driving I do casual maintenance work around the campus. The driving is permanent, the maintenance I do at my leisure. So if I want a day off for golf...no problem. The drive to and from work is through state forest south-east of the main city. So no traffic issues for the main part until the last 10m minutes near home. We are moving closer to work however for many reasons...one to give the family a break and give them their independence back, so they don't need to consider the oldies in making future decisions re their own work and home.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have 6 children, 3 boys, 3 girls. My youngest boy had a son recently, Ezra, whom we have yet to meet. He lives a days drive away in Sydney. Two of my oldest girls share the other 12 grandchildren between them. One has 5 (lives 2 days drive away in Perth) the other gave us 7, but one deceased at 3 months. My wife of 41 years and I have the joy of living with the remaining 6, with the exception of one who is back home in NZ studying.
I have the best job in the world. I drive a school bus for one of the church schools an hour away. In between driving I do casual maintenance work around the campus. The driving is permanent, the maintenance I do at my leisure. So if I want a day off for golf...no problem. The drive to and from work is through state forest south-east of the main city. So no traffic issues for the main part until the last 10m minutes near home. We are moving closer to work however for many reasons...one to give the family a break and give them their independence back, so they don't need to consider the oldies in making future decisions re their own work and home.
God bless your family.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have bagels now , but not sure about the jam and cheese together, that just sounds weird ! ( but they do tend to mix sweet and savoury together more now - so it would be interesting to try.
Maybe Londoners called it a call box- must admit I had never heard that, but things can change from area to area,
Yes, I have a ten hour shift today - I need to get up in five hours !!!
Right better go..... Xx

At first the cream cheese topped with jam did not sound appealing to me but, one taste and I was sold!

Reactions: Butterfly
B

brakelite

Helen. I think if Acolyte told you how he knew it was your birthday, he would have to delete you. Happy belated birthday by the way.
I am not a chatter. Give me a specific topic and I will prattle on all day to everyone's utter boredom. But paradoxically I am very content to spend hours walking through a park striking up frequent intelligent non-combative, often informative, sometimes speculative, always entertaining, usually controversial, but never argumentative, conversations with myself.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Helen. I think if Acolyte told you how he knew it was your birthday, he would have to delete you. Happy belated birthday by the way.
I am not a chatter. Give me a specific topic and I will prattle on all day to everyone's utter boredom. But paradoxically I am very content to spend hours walking through a park striking up frequent intelligent non-combative, often informative, sometimes speculative, always entertaining, usually controversial, but never argumentative, conversations with myself.
@Acolyte is she...:)

B

Butterfly

I do, but that has been many many years ago since I saw one.
We like shows like Foyle War, Rosemary & Thyme, Endeavour etc etc..
Rita will probably know of these , even if she doesn't watch them herself.
@Butterfly
I love endeavour , sometimes watch Doyle's war, filmed in your old home town Helen, so it must be nice to watch. Rosemary and thyme, yes watched that, but not recently. Have you seen the most recent series of endeavour Helen ?
I was never keen on Laura's and hardy, I have heard that the new film is really good though
Rita

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Like a rack of antlers for the guys? A rack of dishes for the gals?:cool:

Its not even too bad when a person fills in their gender on their profile page.
At least when I am unsure I can click their name and check so I don't make a blip. But many for some reason do not click which gender they are...
...which in THIS day and age I guess is now more and more PC... :(

Reactions: Acolyte
B

brakelite

Its not even too bad when a person fills in their gender on their profile page.
At least when I am unsure I can click their name and check so I don't make a blip. But many for some reason do not click which gender they are...
...which in THIS day and age I guess is now more and more PC... :(
My son in law is a principal of a church school.... They dare not make any assumptions regarding gender. Church schools lag behind of course in this regard, but issues are arising.
I took a group of 6 th graders, already changed into their bathing costumes, to the local pool for swimming lessons. Among them was a pretty individual with no top and a long blonde pony tail. I was horrified, and reported this to the junior principal at the earliest opportunity. I was informed that indeed Corey was a boy. Could have gotten myself into all manner of embarrassing conversations if I hadn't checked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Acolyte and Helen