• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. And I so appreciate your input because you've lived it.

I gave $20 to a family begging on the corner at WM. A few days later, they were back at a different location ....and they kept coming back ....and with a nice car. They were middle eastern, and Idk if they had recently become homeless and still had their expensive car, or they were swindling innocent people. Have you seen situations like this?

Several years ago I was waiting for the free shuttle at Ralph's market to take me home.

A woman in a big car kept driving around in a circle in the parking lot. She would drive up to people and ask them for money from the driver's seat. She kept driving round and round for the entire 45 minutes I was waiting!!

Finally the shuttle van came and I mentioned her to the driver. He told me that lady does that all of the time! And he said she also has another car she sometimes uses.

I also remember a pastor tell about giving $30 to someone that said they had car trouble and needed money for a part. The following week the same person approached the pastor.... saying again they needed $30 to fix a part on their car! The pastor realized he had been scammed.

• Wow
Reactions: TLHKAJ

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, knock it off, Amigo. I didn't "err HUGE." Had I known the answer to TWO questions back then, I wouldn't have been homeless. Had nothing to do with "erring" or "repenting". SHEESH! I was stupid in my own rite. No blaming G

I HAVE read the bible. Cover to cover. SEVERAL times. I LIKE the RCC for various reasons. I like the Catechism. I like what the church father's have to say about the faith. I like the idea of baptism...and the eucharist actually BEING the 'body' of Christ....

I like it because it makes sense to me.

You make it sound like ALL Catholics do is what EVER the Pope says. And dismiss what the BIBLE says. As if ALL Catholics do is to 'follow the leader'...without question.

That is such bunk.

To tell you WHY I believe in Catholicism would take a novel; not an essay. I don't follow it because "The Pope Says So." I follow it because it because after doing my own research on it, it makes sense to me.

Apostolic succession makes sense. Eucharistic celebration makes sense. Faith PLUS works makes sense, not that we'll get into heaven because of it. Faith "alone" doesn't make sense to me. It's like...sitting on your butt and not doing anything to get a job. I believe strongly in the adage, "Pray to God, and row to the shore." Meaning, that we should take action, while asking God to HELP us...

...and not expecting God to do 'it' FOR us. The bible doesn't say that God will *poof* everything you want into existence just through wishing...or believing.
I was soooooo angry at God that day. There I was, homeless, and actually looking for work! How could you DO this to me, Lord?
YEAH YOU BLAMED GOD , YOU CHARGED HIM FOOLISHLY . BIG TIME ERROR .
YOu cant even see it as error .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATTENTION:
Let's use the thread for exploration of how satan uses others to exploit ppl with godly compassion over the wisdom of being good stewards.
Not to attack individuals nor denoms.
Thanks all for your examples, input and any wisdom you've shared.

Reactions: Debp

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Have you ever been asked to financially support someone under the guise of hardship or life crisis when in fact it was a lie?

God is good to the liars, the evil, and the justified "in Christ".

One of God's favorite things to do is reward "the Stranger"

"The Stranger" is someone who does not believe in God., as they are estranged from God.

We are never more "God like' then we we give.

God is a giver., that's how His love is manifested.
We should all be the same.

And yes, there is a difference between a hand out and a hand up..

What i know is that i came to God as a sinner, and He had every right to say... "stay lost".
But He didnt.
Instead He gave me His Son's sacrifice as His Love Gift to me.

It is easy to look at a dirty "down and out" and say..." i wonder what you did, to deserve that".
And maybe they deserves worse.. Could be.

But its also easy to realize that were it not for God's Grace, we could be that one, right now..........begging.

Reactions: Ritajanice

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATTENTION:
Let's use the thread for exploration of how satan uses others to exploit ppl with godly compassion over the wisdom of being good stewards.
Not to attack individuals nor denoms.
Thanks all for your examples, input and any wisdom you've shared.
Lets examine also what one means by an attack .
For instance , JESUS walking into the temple with a WHIP he made , WOULD SURELY be viewed as an attack .
What paul , jude , james and others said concering those who oppose GOD would surely be seen as an attack .
Men of belial , dogs ,
Made to be taken and destroyed .
That all sounds like hate . BUT IS it really hate . NO , its truth and its meant to build the church up and to stay on gaurd
against any and all who would dare to preach contrary to GOD , to CHRIST , TO THE DOCTRINE .
peter told a man , YOUR MONEY PERISH WITH YOU . now that would surely sound like hate .
YET it put the fear of GOD into that man . MAN he trembled in his boots and went right into REPENTANCE mode
We have those amongst us who care not for the things of GOD , they promote only The agenda
of men . THEMS will be exposed too . And it aint cause i hate anyone .
Be encouraged dear sister . But we have followers of darkness amongst us and no matter how often or many times
i have warned and have others , they refuse to repent , they double down and rather preach the lie .
They shall be exposed as is their doctrine . And yes my dire grave stance has already cost me much .
Not nearly as much as it soon will . This lamb is prepared IN and by JESUS CHRIST to die on this hill .
Its out of love , pure agape love that i do warn . For i have NO desire for the death of the wicked
but rather they repent . And my desire is for the good of the church too . THOUGH i must be honest
and say this , YET NOT I , but the GRACE OF GOD WITHIN ME .

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets examine also what one means by an attack .
For instance , JESUS walking into the temple with a WHIP he made , WOULD SURELY be viewed as an attack .
What paul , jude , james and others said concering those who oppose GOD would surely be seen as an attack .
Men of belial , dogs ,
Made to be taken and destroyed .
That all sounds like hate . BUT IS it really hate . NO , its truth and its meant to build the church up and to stay on gaurd
against any and all who would dare to preach contrary to GOD , to CHRIST , TO THE DOCTRINE .
peter told a man , YOUR MONEY PERISH WITH YOU . now that would surely sound like hate .
YET it put the fear of GOD into that man . MAN he trembled in his boots and went right into REPENTANCE mode
We have those amongst us who care not for the things of GOD , they promote only The agenda
of men . THEMS will be exposed too . And it aint cause i hate anyone .
Be encouraged dear sister . But we have followers of darkness amongst us and no matter how often or many times
i have warned and have others , they refuse to repent , they double down and rather preach the lie .
They shall be exposed as is their doctrine . And yes my dire grave stance has already cost me much .
Not nearly as much as it soon will . This lamb is prepared IN and by JESUS CHRIST to die on this hill .
Its out of love , pure agape love that i do warn . For i have NO desire for the death of the wicked
but rather they repent . And my desire is for the good of the church too . THOUGH i must be honest
and say this , YET NOT I , but the GRACE OF GOD WITHIN ME .
Now my dear brother & friend, you and I both know it is all about perception. Mink felt attacked without that being your intent.

I am fully aware of those who follow Christ as opposed to those whom follow man or man's doctrines.

If it were legal, I could call many here sons/daughters of beelzebub, (lord of flies) be it truth or not, but by my own standards gauge. Lol, I really have to resist this!

I know you desire all to know & walk in the word of truth but that's not a thing we can control or that will happen.
Let us use exhortation unto edification !

Titus 3:10-11
10 A man that is an heretick after the FIRST and SECOND admonition REJECT;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now my dear brother & friend, you and I both know it is all about perception. Mink felt attacked without that being your intent.

I am fully aware of those who follow Christ as opposed to those whom follow man or man's doctrines.

If it were legal, I could call many here sons/daughters of beelzebub, (lord of flies) be it truth or not, but by my own standards gauge. Lol, I really have to resist this!

I know you desire all to know & walk in the word of truth but that's not a thing we can control or that will happen.
Let us use exhortation unto edification !

Titus 3:10-11
10 A man that is an heretick after the FIRST and SECOND admonition REJECT;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
Many will think TRUTH is an attack . they will take it personal .
I have watched mink . And i am telling you MINK has NO DESIRE To leave the RCC .
Those who wont repent and truly are a danger to the church , must be exposed .
I can tell any man or woman within the Church something that contradicts their sin
AND i promise they see it as an attack . no matter if i say it grave or whistled it to the turn of the saints come marching in .
Truth must be said . Evil must be exposed . And if they dont hear , WELL its on them .
BUT It they continue to try and lead others astray , they will continue to be exposed .

Status
Not open for further replies.