• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said the Galatians were fools for going back to the Law ("you observe days" "you who desire to be under Law" Galatians 4:21), which is the sinful flesh, instead of "seeking to be perfected" by "the Spirit" which is defined as "doing deeds of faith", which are generated by God in our hearts--he never once said they are just to believe and then make sure not to do anything.
yes

But they are no different than modern day believers who think we begin in the spirit but perfect in the flesh (works)

they are just as foolish.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You SAY it is not of fear:

But most of your message sounds as terrifying as the OT covenant with every man trying desperately to avoid a fatal misstep of doubt and call down the damnation of God like those in the desert ...
Well, when you consider what you're supposed to do is love God and others and do right why wouldn't that be filled with hope and love and faith?

... it sounds like a miracle that ANYONE finishes the race!
Oh, I wouldn't want to sound like Jesus or anything!

Matthew 7:14
For the gate is narrow and the way is constricted that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Please, help me! I sound like Jesus! Help me repudiate Jesus!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, you are assuming incorrectly that once we believe it is "locked in"--that is not the case, instead, we need endurance or else our hearts may be hardened by sin and become wicked hearts of unbelief whereby we fall away from the living God Hebrews 3:12-13. Jesus speaks of the different "grounds"--one ground completely rejects the word, while the others receive the word, but of those who receive the Word only one bears fruit ultimately--and you would be in error according to Hebrews 3 to assume that one's heart can never switch from one ground to another ground (they can switch from a heart that receives the Word to a heart that rejects the Word--unbelieving).
This is trying to get to God by law. Not by grace

You will never live up to Gods standard.

Thats why he came to give us rest..

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He who began a good work will complete it

We have to be careful about mixing sanctification (christian growth) which is by works. and justification, which is by grace.
Of course God does it--that's exactly what I've said.
Just as it wasn't Paul who sinned but sin in him, so, also, since we are "in Christ", where the Law of the Spirit of Life is, it isn't us working, it is God working--and still we are told "obey for it is God at work" Philippians 2:12-13.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've already explained what it is comparable to--the Jews' deliverance from Egypt the House of Bondage.
Jesus destroys the body of sin and places us in Himself so that we can be delivered from sin.
"Whoever sins is a slave of sin."
Our "salvation" is as the Jews' deliverance from Egypt.
Still, after that they had to go through the wilderness "testing" to see if they would obey God's Commands in the Promised Land.
So also this life is a test to see if we will obey God's Commands in Christ, the lifegiving Spirit, where the Promise of Eternal Life is.
Read 1 Corinthians 10.
They fell under God's wrath and never inherited the Promise because they sinned--and that can happen to us as well according to 1 Corinthians 10.
col 2 refutes this notion

Jesus took it all. and nailed it to the cross.

If he did not. we are dead in our sin

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course God does it--that's exactly what I've said.
Just as it wasn't Paul who sinned but sin in him, so, also, since we are "in Christ", where the Law of the Spirit of Life is, it isn't us working, it is God working--and still we are told "obey for it is God at work" Philippians 2:12-13.
so are you saying God may fail?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That SUCKS as a definition.

Later.
So, which part did you not like?
The part where I cited Scripture or the part where I cited Scripture? LOL!
You just don't like what I have to say because you have no way of defending your partial doctrines ("I'm forgiven, God isn't mad at me! I'm at peace with God!") against the other part I'm showing you.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I wouldn't want to sound like Jesus or anything!
Please, help me! I sound like Jesus! Help me repudiate Jesus!
Matthew 7:14 (GPV)
For the gate is narrow and the way is constricted that leads to life, and there are few who find it ... and almost none that don't get struck down on the path for sin and doubt.

... Not EXACTLY like Jesus. :)

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He who began a good work will complete it

We have to be careful about mixing sanctification (christian growth) which is by works. and justification, which is by grace.
You are the one "mixing"--Romans 14:23 says justification is compromised by sin.
James 2 says the same.
Romans 2:6-16 says the same.
Galatians 6:6-10 says the same.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7:14 (GPV)
For the gate is narrow and the way is constricted that leads to life, and there are few who find it ... and fewer still that don't get struck down on the path for sin and doubt.

... Not EXACTLY like Jesus. :)
You said something to the effect that "it sounds like very few are being saved" and I agreed Jesus's teaching is just that.

What do you have to say? Nothing.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scripture tells US "obey because God is at work".
If YOU misunderstand that as "God may fail" that's not my fault.
Scripture says he who BEGAN a good work WILL complete it

It does not say he may complete it.

So if anyone fails. it is God. the promise is from him..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one "mixing"--Romans 14:23 says justification is compromised by sin.
James 2 says the same.
Romans 2:6-16 says the same.
Galatians 6:6-10 says the same.
Already explained those passages. and made them so they do not contradict the rest of scripture.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No

Paul did not refute himself. Well unless we use your interpretations.. Then yeah. we have issues
Well, show me how I was wrong in my interpretation.
If you have shown my interpretation was wrong by merely saying "such and such a Scripture", then I refute your Scripture by merely saying "such and such a Scripture", too. See how that works?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already explained those passages. and made them so they do not contradict the rest of scripture.
Galatians 6:6-10 says eternal life is a harvest reaped in due time those who sow good deeds.
Romans 2:6-16 says doers of good will be repaid eternal life.

What is your answer?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says he who BEGAN a good work WILL complete it

It does not say he may complete it.

So if anyone fails. it is God. the promise is from him..
"Obey for it is God at work"--you are told to obey even though it's God at work.
Go figure.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, show me how I was wrong in my interpretation.
If you have shown my interpretation was wrong by merely saying "such and such a Scripture", then I refute your Scripture by merely saying "such and such a Scripture", too. See how that works?
if the scriptures contradict they contradict.

It means we need to adjust our thinking correct?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 6:6-10 says eternal life is a harvest reaped in due time those who sow good deeds.
Romans 2:6-16 says doers of good will be repaid eternal life.

What is your answer?
Yes.

Those who are saved SOW GOOD DEEDS

those who do not. Live in sin

John said whoever sins has never seen or known God. Whoever is born of God can not sin, because they have been born of God.

If your not living a life of sin your sowing good deeds

Paul said we are saved by grace through faith not of works.

And those saved do good works they were created for.

People who have true faith have good deeds..