• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nope

If in the end I may not be saved.

I am not saved now.

God is outside of time. God is not going to say I am saved right now knowing in the end I will nto be saved.

Your looking from a human perspective, Try looking at Gods
God's perspective is His Word which is what I cite for my beliefs not logic and philosophy like you are doing "God is outside time, blah blah blah".

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus lie when He said there are branches that issue from the Vine which fail to abide and so are eventually thrown in the fire? You just like one verse but not the other?
Jesus lied..

My God keeps his promises.

The standard is perfection. I pray you keep that standard. Because you are trying t6o save yourself.

I must go.. I will pray for you

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did address it

It does not matter if you agree with what I said.
So, you claimed I was having Scripture contradict Scripture, but I showed how they do not contradict, but dovetail, and you never explained how my reconciliation of those seemingly disparate ideas was supposed to be wrong. I have the problem that I want to believe ALL of Scripture whereas you want to believe one or two verses here or there.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus lied..

My God keeps his promises.

The standard is perfection. I pray you keep that standard. Because you are trying t6o save yourself.

I must go.. I will pray for you
My God promises "if any branch does not abide in Me he dries up and is cast into the fire".
Your "god" never said that I guess.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My God promises "if any branch does not abide in Me he dries up and is cast into the fire".
Your "god" never said that I guess.
My god said whoever believes in him will
Never die, will live forever. Will be raised on the last day. Has eternal life. Will
Not be put to shame. Will be with him in eternity

They he will Complete the work he started and we can be confident in that

He also said it is finished. Paid in full. He did Not say I did My part now you do yours

not everyone in church is saved. Many claim it but will be burned as Jesus said because they did Not believe

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It can't unless I am under law.
Well, what does "condemned" mean in Romans 14:23 if it doesn't mean "justification is compromised" since justification and condemnation are opposite verdicts the Judge can render?

Jesus said eternal life is eternal. I will NEVER die, I will LIVE forever. for I have eaten the bread of life. and I will live as long as he lived, I have been predestined to that state.

Now did Jesus lie?
The life is in the Son : abide in the Son to retain the life, if not you lose the life as well.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never die, will live forever. Will be raised on the last day. Has eternal life. Will

He also said it is finished. Paid in full. He did Not say I did My part now you do yours

not everyone in church is saved. Many claim it but will be burned as Jesus said because they did Not believe
Yes, actually, He does say "do yours"--"obey for it is God at work" Philippians 2:12-13 "co-laborers with God", etc.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is important to note that the branches issue from the Vine--they have to have life to "grow" from the Vine. They have life. They lose life for not abiding. Simple--on my view, at least.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Salvation by faith alone" ("saved" being un-Biblicallly defined as "definitely going to heaven") is often argued, based Romans 3:19 - Romans 5:1; what about Romans 14:23 which teaches that sin has the power to compromise justification (even if temporarily)?

Romans 14
23But the one who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

Condemnation is the opposite of justification.

If this loss of justification had no bearing on salvation (justification precedes salvation in Romans 10), then it would be inconsequential, but 1) sin is never inconsequential, and 2) why even mention it? Doesn't this loss of justification correspond, instead, to Romans 8:12-13 which teach that only those who "by the Spirit mortify the deeds of the flesh" will live and not die (as Adam died for sinning)?

What's interesting is that, here, we see the idea of "justification by faith" seemingly extended into "actions which proceed from faith" ("works of Law" proceed from sinful flesh Romans 8:3, but what we are discussing here are "works that proceed from God--which God works in us")--and, just as in James 2, justification and salvation hinge upon working according to faith.

the same man that said justified by faith said whatever is not from faith is sin so both are true therefore just what is whatever is not from faith is sin.

to look at what you deliberatly taken out fof context in its context:
Rom 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
Rom 14:15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
Rom 14:16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Rom 14:18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
Rom 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
Rom 14:20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
Rom 14:21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
Rom 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
Rom 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

hence pork unclean for consumption amongst many especially Jews. this has nothing to do with one's salvation does it?

justified by faith applies to salvation, not what may or may not be right for some one to eat.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the same man that said justified by faith said whatever is not from faith is sin so both are true therefore just what is whatever is not from faith is sin.

to look at what you deliberatly taken out fof context in its context:
Rom 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
Rom 14:15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
Rom 14:16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Rom 14:18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
Rom 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
Rom 14:20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
Rom 14:21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
Rom 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
Rom 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

hence pork unclean for consumption amongst many especially Jews. this has nothing to do with one's salvation does it?

justified by faith applies to salvation, not what may or may not be right for some one to eat.
According to Romans 14:23 the Christian is capable of being condemned and it is because of sin which is defined as "anything that does not proceed from faith" which Jesus says is "anything that is beyond 'yes, yes' or 'no, no'". No problem for my view.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's precisely my point : justifying faith seems to include works of faith (Romans 4 "steps of faith of Abraham") because failure to walk by faith compromises justification. "Works of Law" are done "under Law" by "slaves" in "fear", they are produced by "sinful flesh" Romans 8:3 Galatians 3:3, but under the New Covenant the works we do are not "works of Law" because they do not issue from sinful flesh but from God, with "hope" by "sons of God" "Under Grace".

to look at what you deliberatly taken out fof context in its context
God is my witness I believe I am reading it in good faith not dishonestly.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So in your world "God said" Jesus keeps people who don't keep His Word. Interesting "take".
No.
In your world it is all about what YOU do.
In my world it is all about what GOD does.
Biblical “take”.

• Philippians 1:6 [NASB] 6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
  • Philippians 2:12-13 [NASB] 12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

I can explain it TO YOU, but I cannot understand it FOR YOU.

Reactions: mailmandan

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
In your world it is all about what YOU do.
In my world it is all about what GOD does.
Biblical “take”.

• Philippians 1:6 [NASB] 6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
  • Philippians 2:12-13 [NASB] 12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

I can explain it TO YOU, but I cannot understand it FOR YOU.
I absolutely believe it is God Who works. I don't deny that. We are in Christ and Christ is in us--Christ works.
That's half of the truth.
The other half is that you have to work.
You also deny "co-laborers with God"?
"My Father works until now and I work"?
It's good that you believe part of the Bible, I'm just talking about other parts.

Again, failure to walk by faith results in a compromise of justification Romans 14:23, so "justification by faith" extends into "works of faith" ("steps of faith of Abraham") just as James 2 says.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The other half is that you have to work.
If we HAVE TO WORK, then Grace is not Grace, according to Paul.
The saved will CHOOSE to walk in the good works which God prepared for us in advance.

You seem to be presenting WORKS as the root that keeps our salvation alive rather than the fruit that naturally grows from a strong, healthy salvation rooted in GRACE. As we say in gardening … green side up!

Reactions: mailmandan

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we HAVE TO WORK, then Grace is not Grace, according to Paul.
The saved will CHOOSE to walk in the good works which God prepared for us in advance.

You seem to be presenting WORKS as the root that keeps our salvation alive rather than the fruit that naturally grows from a strong, healthy salvation rooted in GRACE. As we say in gardening … green side up!
1. What it should "seem" I'm saying is simply what Scripture says : failure to walk by faith results in a compromise of your standing before God (justification is the opposite of condemnation) Romans 14:23.
2. It is foolish to assume the saved always choose to walk in good works--read 1 Corinthians where they are rebuked over and over and over for NOT walking in good works. Also, if they really always automatically chose to walk in good works, there would be no need for Paul to instruct Timothy to "rebuke, reprove, admonish". That wouldn't exist.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you have NEVER feared at all not even once?
Perfect love casts out all fears. We are God’s workmanship created onto Good works. He puts his love in our heart. He gives everyone man a measure of trust. And as the Lord said the just shall live by trust. The trust that God gives us. And as the apostle wrote those that say they love God and hates his brother the love of God is not in them. You speak of works but yet it is God in you that produces the works not you. All those in the Lord walk in the Spirit. These are the gifts God puts in us.