Keeping Jesus' commanads is requirement for salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They did no longer worship the Jewish Sabbath...they BROKE it intentionally to teach you and I.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
ewq1938 said:
They did no longer worship the Jewish Sabbath...they BROKE it intentionally to teach you and I.
I've shown you from the Bible that Jesus did teach us to keep the Sabbath, saying that the Sabbath was made for man, and naming Himself "Lord of the Sabbath". He taught us that it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath...not that it is lawful to break it.
I've shown you how He and His disciples kept the Sabbath all their lives, as their custom was. Of course, they did, they were Jews, and that's what Jews did.
I've shown you that they did not need to go to the synagogue to teach, being regularly surrounded by people all the time.

Yet you stubbornly cling to the notion that "they BROKE it intentionally."
You cannot point to one single incident where they did any such thing. Why do you try to make me believe what is not true?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Evil things?
You mean like, homosexuality?
More like,

priests who rape little boys and girls, nuns that force abortion on women, Prophets that run around declaring false prophecies for money and please teh people, pastors that fleece there congragation, christians tha tworship idols and say it is a good thing, teh self righteous who as Jesus said, clean the outside of teh cup but on the inside,...., the law keepers who continually tread the grace of God underfoot and say it is a good thing, who declare " look at me God I am not like those other sinners", who reject the works of Christ so they can earn there way by their own works, who insist that the works that Jesus was not enough so they have to add their works to a free gift, who make a mockery of the one they say they Love who glory in their works and reject that of Jesus,

I think God would be more concerned with those who slander His name and make a laughing stock of Him and who drive way his children than a bunch of people with problems.

In all His Love

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:
More like,

priests who rape little boys and girls, nuns that force abortion on women, Prophets that run around declaring false prophecies for money and please teh people, pastors that fleece there congragation, christians tha tworship idols and say it is a good thing, teh self righteous who as Jesus said, clean the outside of teh cup but on the inside,...., the law keepers who continually tread the grace of God underfoot and say it is a good thing, who declare " look at me God I am not like those other sinners", who reject the works of Christ so they can earn there way by their own works, who insist that the works that Jesus was not enough so they have to add their works to a free gift, who make a mockery of the one they say they Love who glory in their works and reject that of Jesus,

I think God would be more concerned with those who slander His name and make a laughing stock of Him and who drive way his children than a bunch of people with problems.

In all His Love
So, let me get this straight.
YOUR sin is "covered by the blood", right? There is no need for you to repent, because you have believed in Jesus, and your salvation is secure. You can go right on sinning, YOU are not like those law-keepers who are striving to please God by actually keeping His commandments...THOSE sinners are so much worse than the gay guy who knows good and well that what he is doing is sin, but who has no intention of repenting, even though they have trusted Jesus, just the same as you have, and are trying to live as He commanded, right? Uh huh, you keep telling yourself that.
It's those OTHER sinners...the ones who are doing things YOU don't like, who are going to hell, even though they have believed, just as you have done.

YOUR sin is covered, but THEIR sin is not.

That, MJ, is a textbook definition of hypocrisy.

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the OT saints, did they not get forgiveness for their sins in their days ?
Did they ever repented ? Did God not except their repentance ? He told them how to get it .
Did any of them receive grace ?
Did they not have security salvation also ?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
So ewq..what day of the week do you keep? Probably the pagan rome based first day of the week...yet you refuse to keep God's fourth commandment.

The 4th commandment in it's original form is not part of the Christian religion. Christ fulfilled the old Sabbath and now we have a better, perfected version which is not limited to a single day.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
Yet you stubbornly cling to the notion that "they BROKE it intentionally."
You cannot point to one single incident where they did any such thing.

If you knew scripture you would already know where they broke the Sabbath, Matthew 12
They were gathering food on the Sabbath which was forbidden. All food was to be gathered and prepared the day before. But for a higher moral purpose, the Sabbath could be broken and Christ gave two other examples of morally breaking the Sabbath.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, let me get this straight.
YOUR sin is "covered by the blood", right? There is no need for you to repent, because you have believed in Jesus, and your salvation is secure. You can go right on sinning, YOU are not like those law-keepers who are striving to please God by actually keeping His commandments...THOSE sinners are so much worse than the gay guy who knows good and well that what he is doing is sin, but who has no intention of repenting, even though they have trusted Jesus, just the same as you have, and are trying to live as He commanded, right? Uh huh, you keep telling yourself that.
It's those OTHER sinners...the ones who are doing things YOU don't like, who are going to hell, even though they have believed, just as you have done.

YOUR sin is covered, but THEIR sin is not.

That, MJ, is a textbook definition of hypocrisy.
Why are you so angry, doesnt grace cover your sins or is it you are trying to earn your salvation another way.

Rom_6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

Jesus died once for you, He is not going to keep getting up on that cross every time you break the law. Th law requires blood, your blood, Jesus did it once never again and is now you. Whats worse is the Law was never given to you, as a gentile you came to Christ by His ressurection, not by the Law, we are supposed to be led by the Spirit, not the alchoholic kind, why is it so many reject His works for their own I will never know.

Are you married to Him or the Law.....

In Gods eyes I no longer sin, why, because I have excepted His mercy and my righteousenss is by the works of Christ not my own, all our works even law keeping is like filthy rags as the LAw requires us to work.

You should really read about David, a man after Gods own heart and how He broke the law...

In all His Love

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
mjrhealth said:
Why are you so angry, doesnt grace cover your sins or is it you are trying to earn your salvation another way.
I don't think the Barrd is angry. why do you twist her comments?

Just because she does not accept your reasonings, does not make it she is disgraceful.

Have you ever thought you might be in the wrong?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just because she does not accept your reasonings, does not make it she is disgraceful.
your words not mine.

Reasoning thats a man thing.

Me im always wrong it is Christ who is always right.

But how would anyone know they leave Him out of everything because they have the bible.

In all His Love

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
mjrhealth said:
Me im always wrong it is Christ who is always right.
You don't realize that you are dismissing too many of Christ's word.

We have been showing you over and over. It just escapes you.

why is that?

Have you ever thought about it?

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
The 4th commandment in it's original form is not part of the Christian religion. Christ fulfilled the old Sabbath and now we have a better, perfected version which is not limited to a single day.

ewq..interesting what god you are actually following..as Apostle John said in his letters, if you do not follow the God of the Bible and His commandments you should check what spirit you are following...have you done that? Obviously not! Revelation 12 and 14 states salvation is for "those who have the testimony of Jesus and follow the commandments of God"...I gather from your posts you are not interested in salvation..that is sad, but your choice..

God created the seventh day in Genesis 2 as a special day of rest and spiritual rejuvenation...He blessed it and made it Holy (sanctified it)..so to turn your back on this gift from our Creator is to turn your back on God...but alas too many "christians" think they are wiser than God, and do not need to follow His word, and Commandments, and do not need this Holy day to heal themselves Spiritually, emotionally, physically, and psychologically...well we are seeing the results of your way of thinking in society now...look around you, are you happy with what is going on in society now? If so you are beginning to enjoy the smell of the cesspool!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
ewq..interesting what god you are actually following..as Apostle John said in his letters, if you do not follow the God of the Bible and His commandments you should check what spirit you are following...have you done that?

You don't know what you are talking about. I am a Christian and I follow the true God. The original Sabbath (resting on a Saturday) is not part of Christianity.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Afraid of the truth are you? As Jesus said "know the truth and it will make you free"...so try reading the scriptures, and in particular the words of Apostle John..it will open your eyes to the truth...
In the meantime, enjoy the smell!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
In the meantime, enjoy the smell!

Nothing weird or disturbing about this post at all...

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ewq1938 said:
If you knew scripture you would already know where they broke the Sabbath, Matthew 12
They were gathering food on the Sabbath which was forbidden. All food was to be gathered and prepared the day before. But for a higher moral purpose, the Sabbath could be broken and Christ gave two other examples of morally breaking the Sabbath.
Yes, I know about what happened in Matt 12. Jesus and HIs disciples picked a few ears of corn and rubbed the kernels in their hands to warm them, and ate them. They were hungry.
Jesus explained that they were no more guilty than David was when He took the shewbread from the Temple and ate it...and He told them about the priests and how they profaned the Sabbath in the Temple and were blameless, saying that "one greater than the Temple is here".
I guess you could call that "breaking the Sabbath"...except that the Lord of the Sabbath has declared that it is lawful to do good...i.e. prepare food, or heal withered hands or rescue fallen beasts...on the Sabbath.
I always figured that, since Jesus is God in the flesh, fully God and fully Man...and since God wrote the Commandment with His Own finger, that He probably knew more about what it meant than those Pharisees.
Don't you think?

Joyful said:
I don't think the Barrd is angry. why do you twist her comments?

Thank you, Joyful.
You are quite right...I am not angry at anyone.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
I guess you could call that "breaking the Sabbath"...except that the Lord of the Sabbath has declared that it is lawful to do good...i.e. prepare food, or heal withered hands or rescue fallen beasts...on the Sabbath.

It is good to sometimes break the Sabbath....keep in mind that happened back when the first covenant was in place, it isn't anymore.

I always figured that, since Jesus is God in the flesh, fully God and fully Man...and since God wrote the Commandment with His Own finger, that He probably knew more about what it meant than those Pharisees.
Don't you think?
Exactly what I am trying to argue regarding the old Sabbath. I know you try to keep it in your own way....but it isn't being kept how it originally was commanded to be kept so why keep it in a soft or lessor way??

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ewq1938 said:
It is good to sometimes break the Sabbath....keep in mind that happened back when the first covenant was in place, it isn't anymore.
You misunderstand me.
I said I guess you could call it that...not that they actually were breaking the Sabbath, because I do not believe that they were.
Again, Jesus Christ IS God. He is the God that wrote the Commandment. He is Lord of the Sabbath.
For that matter, He is the One Who made the Old Covenant with Israel, and the One Who guided His prophet to write about the coming New Covenant.

ewq1938 said:
Exactly what I am trying to argue regarding the old Sabbath. I know you try to keep it in your own way....but it isn't being kept how it originally was commanded to be kept so why keep it in a soft or lessor way??
People tend to get confused about the Old Covenant. They want to confuse the Ten Commandments, which were written by God Himself on tablets of stone to reflect their permanence, and which were placed in the Ark along with the golden pot of manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, with the Law of Moses, which was written by Moses, in a book, and which was not placed in the Ark, but laid down beside it.
The Commandment as God wrote it originally reads:

Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Do you see anything there about not kindling a fire, or how far I may walk, or any such thing? I don't. It simply tells me that I am to rest, and that I must also allow the people around me to rest. That's all it says.
It gives me six days to do my work...and insists that I lay my tired body down on the Sabbath. Now, some folks do realize that we do need to do that, once a week...but they don't think the day matters.
But look at the world around you. What day is the big game? Or the family picnic? Or that backyard barbeque? Or the big date? Or any one of a dozen other pastimes? Aren't these things generally planned for a Saturday?
Now, if my family decided that everyone could pick their own day, what would happen to our unity? As it is, this is the day that we leave our "busy, busy, busy" behind us, and make time for one another.

And we wouldn't have it any other way...

Oh, and btw....we are under a New Covenant now. If I do mess up, there is grace for forgiveness.
God is so good!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You don't realize that you are dismissing too many of Christ's word.

We have been showing you over and over. It just escapes you.

why is that?

Have you ever thought about it?
WHat I am not leaving out is Christ,

Stange isnt it.