Keeping the Sabbath tells people Who you Worship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's very controversial.
The early church recognized the Lord's Day as the queen of days, the 8th day, the day that Jesus rose from the dead. (Sunday)

Lord's Day - Wikipedia

/
I think it is so because most of us don't know there are two kinds of Sabbath referred to in scripture.

This helps, I think.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't find any moons in the law of Moses except this:

Deu 4:19
And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

Deu 17:2
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant,
Deu 17:3
And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;
Deu 17:4
And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel:

Moon enters the picture with David serving King Saul:
1Sa 20:5
And David said unto Jonathan, Behold, to morrow is the new moon, and I should not fail to sit with the king at meat: but let me go, that I may hide myself in the field unto the third day at even.
1Sa 20:18
Then Jonathan said to David, To morrow is the new moon: and thou shalt be missed, because thy seat will be empty.

David is going to hide himself in the field for 3 days. Jonah ends up in the belly of the whale for 3 days, and Jesus is in the heart of the earth for 3 days.
Definately a theme here, just have to dig for it.

When was observing a new moon established?
I remember it was Abraham who was called out of the land of Ur and that they were moon worshippers.
Ur is Babylon located in Iraq not far outside Israel. And some customs of the peoples around them were incorporated in to the feast days and Holy days, kind of like Easter and Christmas.

1Sa 20:5
And David said unto Jonathan, Behold, to morrow is the new moon, and I should not fail to sit with the king at meat: but let me go, that I may hide myself in the field unto the third day at even.
1Sa 20:6
If thy father at all miss me, then say, David earnestly asked leave of me that he might run to Bethlehem his city: for there is a yearly sacrifice there for all the family.

Eze 46:1
Thus saith the Lord GOD; The gate of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be shut the six working days; but on the sabbath it shall be opened, and in the day of the new moon it shall be opened.

Amo 8:5
Saying, When will the new moon be gone, that we may sell corn? and the sabbath, that we may set forth wheat, making the ephah small, and the shekel great, and falsifying the balances by deceit?

Col 2:15
And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Col 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17
Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

I put this here and someone will complain I'm following astrology.. not.
Just looking for the meaning.

New moon

In astronomy, the new moon is the first lunar phase, when the Moon and Sun have the same ecliptic longitude. At this phase, the lunar disk is not visible to the naked eye, except when it is silhouetted against the Sun during a solar eclipse.

So I'm reading about Saul and David.Saul has been denied and David is going to become king.

And the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall turn to blood...

Saul abandoned God and evil spirits took him over. And Saul saught to kill David because he was jealous.

Yea though I walk through the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.

It's the contrast, the greater and the lesser light.

Just tossing things around..
hugs

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some are so scripturaly illiterate that they don't understand that nobody can be saved by following Judaism which REJECTS Jesus Christ as Lord and as the Messiah.

The same people that reject the New Covenant, go figure! View attachment 43087
True. There are also others who are so biblically illiterate that they don't understand that no-one can obey God's commandments unless God is with him. And if He is with them, their obedience testifies of that.
KJV 1 John 5:2-4
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, 9 of the 10 are in the New Covenant as commandments.... but how we observe the sabbath is no longer a carnal effort done as a work to earn right standing with the Lord under the New Covenant as it was in the old covenant.
Is resisting the temptation to murder someone a carnal effort to earn a right standing with God? Was obedience to God's commandments ever, at any time, an effort to earn a right standing with God? I thought Israel was saved by grace through faith, not by works of the law. Same as today. Which prophet said, "the just shall live by faith"?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think it is so because most of us don't know there are two kinds of Sabbath referred to in scripture.

This helps, I think.
Ancient calculations included part days, even part years, as a whole.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 24:29
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Col 2:15
And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Col 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17
Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Principalities =
A principality can either be a monarchical feudatory or a sovereign state, ruled or reigned over by a regnant-monarch with the title of prince and/or princess, or by a monarch with another title considered to fall under the generic meaning of the term prince.
Powers =
Luk 12:11
And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say:
Rom 8:38
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Men set up kingdoms for themselves and they install laws and rules for the people to follow.
Throughout the Bible we see Kings and Priests rise and fall. Each one setting their own boundaries of what is or is not to be worshipped.

I think thats what Paul means by not judging regarding what magistrates and powers dictate you to do if it goes against what God says.

Everything man establishes on earth is for his own benefit.
Everything God establishes in heaven is for his Glory.

The difference is Night and Day
:D
Hugs

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some are so scripturaly illiterate that they don't understand that nobody can be saved by following Judaism which REJECTS Jesus Christ as Lord and as the Messiah.

The same people that reject the New Covenant, go figure! View attachment 43087

But you can't decide whether it's funny or sad from one thread to the next. Go figure?

Maybe postmodern, "Don't judge me!" neo-New Covenant rejection and the judgment that follows is both sad and funny to the scripturally literate?

So, how does one "physically work" at resting, BJ, uh, I mean BBJ? Is it kind of like ignoring while passively-aggressively replying?

The only covenant that ever saved anyone is the New/Everlasting Covenant.

Christ is "the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." It's right there in the Bible. The enmity put between the serpent's and the woman's seed. The bruising of the heel and crushing of the head as the Cross was plunged into Golgotha—"The Hill Of Skulls."

God was begging the children of Israel to embrace this stuff in Deuteronomy 5:29. The types and symbols were given to make them long for The Great Antitype that was to come. Abraham saw His day and was glad.

THIS is the Good News of the Anointed Messiah's (Christ Jesus's) regeneration that the scripturally literate Nicodemus was supposed to have understood—according to the very words of the Saviour—that the stiff-necked and uncircumcised-of-heart neo-New Covenant scripturally literate refuse to acknowledge today.

Joh 4:3-26
He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee. And he must needs go through Samaria.

Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.

Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.

There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink. (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)

Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.

Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?

Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: 14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.

Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.

The woman answered and said, I have no husband.

Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband: For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.

Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. BUT THE HOUR COMETH, AND NOW IS, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am He.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand the calendar. The Passover was kept on a numbered day not a named day. I think the 14th of Abib.
There were 30 days in a calendar month or by moon to moon.
Now we have 30 days, 31 days, and 28 days except leap year which has 29 days
So how is it good Friday always falls on Friday and Easter Sunday always falls on Sunday.

Even Christmas always falls on the 25th day. Regardless the name of the day.
And then you have the day of Atonement that falls in the seventh month.

Lev 16:29
And this shall be a statute for ever unto you: that in the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, ye shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all, whether it be one of your own country, or a stranger that sojourneth among you:
Lev 16:30
For on that day shall the priest make an atonement for you, to cleanse you, that ye may be clean from all your sins before the LORD.
Lev 16:31
It shall be a sabbath of rest unto you, and ye shall afflict your souls, by a statute for ever.
Lev 16:32
And the priest, whom he shall anoint, and whom he shall consecrate to minister in the priest's office in his father's stead, shall make the atonement, and shall put on the linen clothes, even the holy garments:
Lev 16:33
And he shall make an atonement for the holy sanctuary, and he shall make an atonement for the tabernacle of the congregation, and for the altar, and he shall make an atonement for the priests, and for all the people of the congregation.
Lev 16:34
And this shall be an everlasting statute unto you, to make an atonement for the children of Israel for all their sins once a year. And he did as the LORD commanded Moses.

Interesting:
Exo 29:33
And they shall eat those things wherewith the atonement was made, to consecrate and to sanctify them: but a stranger shall not eat thereof, because they are holy.

Lev 25:9
Then shalt thou cause the trumpet of the jubile to sound on the tenth day of the seventh month, in the day of atonement shall ye make the trumpet sound throughout all your land.

Num 15:25
And the priest shall make an atonement for all the congregation of the children of Israel, and it shall be forgiven them; for it is ignorance: and they shall bring their offering, a sacrifice made by fire unto the LORD, and their sin offering before the LORD, for their ignorance:
Num 15:28
And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the LORD, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him.

Father forgive them for they know not what they do.

Rom 5:6
For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Rom 5:7
For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Rom 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9
Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Rom 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Rom 5:11
And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Calendar:
Beginning of the year:
April, May, June, July, August, September, October..... 7th month.
Still have 20 days left in it..
October, November, December, January, February, March, April ... 1st month.

1st month is April and the 7th month is October.. The Day of Atonement
Beginning in 7th month October to the 1st month is April ... the Passover.

Both of these were kept on the same day.

HOW?

I am the first and the last, the Alpha and the Omega....

First Day Light, Seventh Day Rest.

Isa 41:4
Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.
Isa 44:6
Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
Isa 48:12
Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Rev 2:19
I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

Passover: Saved from the world
Day of Atonement: Saved from ourselves.

I don't "keep" any days because I can't make heads or tails out of them.
I just try to keep my eye on the grand plan.
:D
Hugs

Did you get your questions answered?

Reactions: Ziggy

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand the calendar. The Passover was kept on a numbered day not a named day. I think the 14th of Abib.
There were 30 days in a calendar month or by moon to moon.
Now we have 30 days, 31 days, and 28 days except leap year which has 29 days
So how is it good Friday always falls on Friday and Easter Sunday always falls on Sunday.

Because the Sabbath, which has marked the passing of a week for millennia, always falls on Saturday (it's baked into 100 languages the world over) and the nation of Israel doesn't care what day Good Friday or Easter Sunday falls on. :)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a funny.
For centuries people have been trying to explain certain things that are not intended to be explained. Like the sons of God and Giants thing…the Do not boil a kid in it mother’s milk thing, and the three days and three not nights thing.

Just another funny.
You've been trying to explain the Exodus 34 thing for a few years and God doesn't seem anxious to make that plain to anyone else, either. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just another funny.
You've been trying to explain the Exodus 34 thing for a few years and God doesn't seem anxious to make that plain to anyone else, either. Correct me if I'm wrong.

LOL My ministry addresses false beliefs but this is one that explains itself if you can read. The weather rains on the just and not just....If you are not interested to seek the truth you deserve to live a fantasy.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you get your questions answered?
Not yet.
Except that all things were fulfilled in that Day.

Isa 4:2
In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.

Isa 10:20
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.

Isa 11:10
And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Isa 11:11
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

In that Day there are two redemptions. One is Israel and the other is Gentiles.
One is Passover and the other is the Day of atonement.

Paul speaks about the feast of tabernacles when talking about the conversion from the old man to the new. The putting off of this tabernacle to be clothed with the Lord.
Feast of firstfruits.. The early church. And the feast of ingathering at the end of the world.

Mat 9:37
Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
Mat 9:38
Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

Zec 14:7
But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
Zec 14:9
And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

God has his own calendar. And he keeps time for his purpose.
We just add time or take away time according to man's calendar, but that doesn't change God's timing.

Three days:
Mat 12:40
For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

3 days of darkness and 3 days of light.
I believe the heart of the earth is the Holy spirit in our hearts, we are the earth.
Jonah and the whales belly is a watery grave, death.

Thinking about Joseph and the Butler and the Baker..
Gen 40:12
And Joseph said unto him, This is the interpretation of it: The three branches are three days:
Gen 40:13
Yet within three days shall Pharaoh lift up thine head, and restore thee unto thy place: and thou shalt deliver Pharaoh's cup into his hand, after the former manner when thou wast his butler.
Gen 40:18
And Joseph answered and said, This is the interpretation thereof: The three baskets are three days:
Gen 40:19
Yet within three days shall Pharaoh lift up thy head from off thee, and shall hang thee on a tree; and the birds shall eat thy flesh from off thee.

Gen 40:20
And it came to pass the third day, which was Pharaoh's birthday, that he made a feast unto all his servants: and he lifted up the head of the chief butler and of the chief baker among his servants.
Gen 40:21
And he restored the chief butler unto his butlership again; and he gave the cup into Pharaoh's hand:
Gen 40:22
But he hanged the chief baker: as Joseph had interpreted to them.
Gen 40:23
Yet did not the chief butler remember Joseph, but forgat him.

Mat 27:16
And they had then a notable prisoner, called Barabbas.
Mat 27:17
Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?
Mat 27:20
But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.
Mat 27:21
The governor answered and said unto them, Whether of the twain will ye that I release unto you? They said, Barabbas.
Mat 27:26
Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.

Jhn 18:40
Then cried they all again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas. Now Barabbas was a robber.

What ever happened to Barabbas?
There was two theives being crucified the same day with Jesus. One went up and the other went down.

Luk 23:39
And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
Luk 23:40
But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
Luk 23:41
And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
Luk 23:42
And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
Luk 23:43
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

I think the Baker made out better than the Butler in the end.

Mat 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Just thinking..
Time is an interesting concept...
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good Friday

Christian religious holiday, the Friday before Easter
Good Friday is a Christian holiday commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus and his death at Calvary. It is observed during Holy Week as part of the Paschal Triduum. It is also known as Holy Friday, Great Friday, Great and Holy Friday, and Black Friday.
Members of many Christian denominations, including the Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Lutheran, Anglican, Methodist, Oriental Orthodox, United Protestant and some Reformed traditions, observe Good Friday with fasting and church services. In many Catholic, Lutheran, Anglican and Methodist churches, the Service of the Great Three Hours' Agony is held from noon until 3 pm, the time duration that the Bible records as darkness covering the land to Jesus' sacrificial death on the cross. Communicants of the Moravian Church have a Good Friday tradition of cleaning gravestones in Moravian cemeteries. The date of Good Friday varies from one year to the next in both the Gregorian and Julian calendars

Oh gee now we have 3 hours...

Here's that calendar again:

Good Friday is the Friday before Easter, which is calculated differently in Eastern Christianity and Western Christianity (see Computus for details). Easter falls on the first Sunday following the Paschal Full Moon, the full moon on or after 21 March, taken to be the date of the vernal equinox. The Western calculation uses the Gregorian calendar, while the Eastern calculation uses the Julian calendar, whose 21 March now corresponds to the Gregorian calendar's 3 April. The calculations for identifying the date of the full moon also differ.

In Eastern Christianity, Easter can fall between 22 March and 25 April on Julian Calendar (thus between 4 April and 8 May in terms of the Gregorian calendar, during the period 1900 and 2099), so Good Friday can fall between 20 March and 23 April, inclusive (or between 2 April and 6 May in terms of the Gregorian calendar).

More moon worship.

Easter:

Easter and its related holidays are moveable feasts, not falling on a fixed date; its date is computed based on a lunisolar calendar (solar year plus Moon phase) similar to the Hebrew calendar. The First Council of Nicaea (325) established only two rules, namely independence from the Hebrew calendar and worldwide uniformity. No details for the computation were specified; these were worked out in practice, a process that took centuries and generated a number of controversies. It has come to be the first Sunday after the ecclesiastical full moon that occurs on or soonest after 21 March. Even if calculated on the basis of the Gregorian calendar, the date of that full moon sometimes differs from that of the astronomical first full moon after the March equinox.

Serious?

Everybody just do what they think is right..
I'm not a moon worshipper, just saying

hugs

Reactions: Brakelite

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go ahead and finish the story about how the Apostle got together in Acts 15 at the Counsel of Jerusalem to seek the Lord concerning

The Saturday peoples can never overcome the Counsel of Jerusalem in Acts 15 where the Lord did NOT lead them to include observing Saturday sabbath... unless the Saturday peoples want to claim the Apostles were being led by devils in the Book of Acts and not being led by the Lord.

If they say the Apostles were being led by the Lord at the the Counsel of Jerusalem, then they must accept the Apostles teachings as being from the Lord.... and accept observing Saturday sabbath is not applicable under the New Covenant.

But, if they don't accept the Apostles teachings as being from the Lord at the Counsel of Jerusalem then the Saturday peoples must concede that they believe the Apostles were listening to devils which is why they did not teach the people about observing Saturday sabbath.

The Saturday peoples apparently do believe the Apostles in the Book of Acts were being led by devils.

They didn't say anything about keeping any of the Ten Commandments, except for the 2nd and the 7th.

Does that mean we're free to have other God's, take His name in vain, dishonor parents, murder, steal, lie, covet?

Or are you still going with the special pleading fallacy that God must chew His cabbage twice in a way that is pleasing to your greater-than-divine standards? Perhaps you should have written the Bible yourself, so people could better understand what God desires.

"Overcome the Jerusalem Council," is it? This be the current but, no doubt, fleeting "this settles it" hinge pin of the entire Bible for the avowed foe of "Saturday peoples," "answering pro SDA posts" since Autumn 2023.

(Not that I have forgotten the poor Calvinists.)

Speaking of which, how many times can he cram "Saturday peoples" into one post? I think the record might be 4 now. And in such a short post—nice.

Xenephobiapalooza Spring 2024 is well underway.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does that mean we're free to have other God's, take His name in vain, dishonor parents, murder, steal, lie, covet?
I don't understand this argument and I hear it all the time.
Of course it doesn't mean we are free to turn away from God, or hate our neighbors.
I don't know where people come up with this.

This commandment we have:
Thou shalt Love God with all thy heart mind and soul, and love thy neighbor as thyself.
Now both of these commandments actually fulfill the Sabbath day.

The Sabbath time we spend with God and give each other rest by helping eachothers with their burdens as God helps us with ours.
It has nothing to do with breaking any laws. It has to do with fulfilling them all.

Lexicon :: Strong's H7673 - šāḇaṯ

שָׁבַת

Transliteration
šāḇaṯ

Exo 5:5
And Pharaoh said, Behold, the people of the land now are many, and ye make them rest H7673 from their burdens.

1710153521769.png

You could say that the Old Covenant met it's maker.
Behold all things have become new.

Barney, I'm not tryying to change your mind. You do whatever your heart leads you to do.
But please stop saying that because Christians don't keep a particular day as Israel did,
that that gives us a licence to break laws.
It doesn't. We fulfil them, by Loving God always, Believing in his name always, Having no other gods before him always,
And having respect for our parents always, and loving and not hating our fellow man always.

You want to do this one day a week, that's up to you and how you hear it.
Some of us hear it differently.

And you will say, We don't just do this one day a week.. and I hear you.
Just like because we don't keep one day a week gives us a licence to sin.

Ok?

Hugs

Attachments

• 1710153480498.png
    1710153480498.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 0

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL My ministry addresses false beliefs but this is one that explains itself if you can read.

Do you know how you can tell a teacher of truth from a false prophet?

By their fruit

The weather rains on the just and not just....If you are not interested to seek the truth you deserve to live a fantasy.

You don't even care if anyone believes you. You've said as much countless times. Everything's a LOL, right?

I often feel compelled to talk to people harshly, but I beg God every day to make me care enough to avoid heartless apathy.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand this argument and I hear it all the time.
Of course it doesn't mean we are free to turn away from God, or hate our neighbors.
I don't know where people come up with this.

This commandment we have:
Thou shalt Love God with all thy heart mind and soul, and love thy neighbor as thyself.
Now both of these commandments actually fulfill the Sabbath day.

The Sabbath time we spend with God and give each other rest by helping eachothers with their burdens as God helps us with ours.
It has nothing to do with breaking any laws. It has to do with fulfilling them all.

Lexicon :: Strong's H7673 - šāḇaṯ

שָׁבַת

Transliteration
šāḇaṯ

Exo 5:5
And Pharaoh said, Behold, the people of the land now are many, and ye make them rest H7673 from their burdens.

View attachment 43126

You could say that the Old Covenant met it's maker.
Behold all things have become new.

Barney, I'm not tryying to change your mind. You do whatever your heart leads you to do.
But please stop saying that because Christians don't keep a particular day as Israel did,
that that gives us a licence to break laws.
It doesn't. We fulfil them, by Loving God always, Believing in his name always, Having no other gods before him always,
And having respect for our parents always, and loving and not hating our fellow man always.

You want to do this one day a week, that's up to you and how you hear it.
Some of us hear it differently.

And you will say, We don't just do this one day a week.. and I hear you.
Just like because we don't keep one day a week gives us a licence to sin.

Ok?

Hugs

It is an argument of implied logic, Zig, and is not meant to be taken literally.

I'm sorry you don't understand but I'm not saying what you're inferring and I can't change my way of expression to suit individual people—even one as nice and good-hearted as you. :)

Hugs
:hearteyes:

Reactions: Ziggy

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not yet.
Except that all things were fulfilled in that Day.

Isa 4:2
In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.

Isa 10:20
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.

Isa 11:10
And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Isa 11:11
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

In that Day there are two redemptions. One is Israel and the other is Gentiles.
One is Passover and the other is the Day of atonement.

Paul speaks about the feast of tabernacles when talking about the conversion from the old man to the new. The putting off of this tabernacle to be clothed with the Lord.
Feast of firstfruits.. The early church. And the feast of ingathering at the end of the world.

Mat 9:37
Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
Mat 9:38
Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

Zec 14:7
But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
Zec 14:9
And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

God has his own calendar. And he keeps time for his purpose.
We just add time or take away time according to man's calendar, but that doesn't change God's timing.

Three days:
Mat 12:40
For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

3 days of darkness and 3 days of light.
I believe the heart of the earth is the Holy spirit in our hearts, we are the earth.
Jonah and the whales belly is a watery grave, death.

Thinking about Joseph and the Butler and the Baker..
Gen 40:12
And Joseph said unto him, This is the interpretation of it: The three branches are three days:
Gen 40:13
Yet within three days shall Pharaoh lift up thine head, and restore thee unto thy place: and thou shalt deliver Pharaoh's cup into his hand, after the former manner when thou wast his butler.
Gen 40:18
And Joseph answered and said, This is the interpretation thereof: The three baskets are three days:
Gen 40:19
Yet within three days shall Pharaoh lift up thy head from off thee, and shall hang thee on a tree; and the birds shall eat thy flesh from off thee.

Gen 40:20
And it came to pass the third day, which was Pharaoh's birthday, that he made a feast unto all his servants: and he lifted up the head of the chief butler and of the chief baker among his servants.
Gen 40:21
And he restored the chief butler unto his butlership again; and he gave the cup into Pharaoh's hand:
Gen 40:22
But he hanged the chief baker: as Joseph had interpreted to them.
Gen 40:23
Yet did not the chief butler remember Joseph, but forgat him.

Mat 27:16
And they had then a notable prisoner, called Barabbas.
Mat 27:17
Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?
Mat 27:20
But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.
Mat 27:21
The governor answered and said unto them, Whether of the twain will ye that I release unto you? They said, Barabbas.
Mat 27:26
Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.

Jhn 18:40
Then cried they all again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas. Now Barabbas was a robber.

What ever happened to Barabbas?
There was two theives being crucified the same day with Jesus. One went up and the other went down.

Luk 23:39
And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
Luk 23:40
But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
Luk 23:41
And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
Luk 23:42
And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
Luk 23:43
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

I think the Baker made out better than the Butler in the end.

Mat 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Just thinking..
Time is an interesting concept...
Hugs

A whole bunch of days......anything specific you are looking for?