Keeping the Sabbath tells people Who you Worship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gentiles here are not Christians but are converts to Judaism. Acts 13:42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath. 43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes (Gentile converts to Judaism) followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God. (KJV)

In regard to Acts 13:42-44, Paul's work here was evangelism. Notice that these were "unbelievers" in Christ before Paul preached to them. They believed in the Jewish system, but the Bible says in Acts 14:1, that they BECAME believers proving Paul's work there was evangelism and not sabbath worship.

These Gentiles were Jewish converts to Judaism known as proselytes. They practiced the law of Moses and kept the sabbath. The only Gentiles that were in the synagogue would be these proselytes. These Gentiles were not yet Christians. Acts 13:43 - "Now when the meeting of the synagogue had broken up, many of the Jews and of the God-fearing proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, were urging them to continue in the grace of God." Paul and Barnabas led them to their conversion.

Acts 14:1 - "In Iconium they entered the synagogue of the Jews together and spoke in such a manner that a large number of people believed, both of Jews and of Greeks." *The terms Gentiles and Greeks are often used interchangeably in the Bible.

Acts 17:4 - "And some of them were persuaded and joined Paul and Silas, along with a large number of the God-fearing Greeks and a number of the leading women.

Acts 18:4 - "And he was reasoning in the synagogue every Sabbath and trying to persuade Jews and Greeks."

Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel (Exodus 16:23, 29; 31:12-18; 35:1-3; Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3, 32; Numbers 15:32-36; 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13; Amos 8:5; Nehemiah 10:31) that is not binding on Christians under the new covenant.

*Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.
How do you read this text..

Romans 11:1-24 King James Version​

1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,
3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear unto this day.
9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.
11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

And even the NIV makes it clear..

Romans 11:1-24 New International Version​

The Remnant of Israel​

1 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don’t you know what Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel: 3 “Lord, they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars; I am the only one left, and they are trying to kill me”[a]? 4 And what was God’s answer to him? “I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal.”[b] 5 So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. 6 And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
7 What then? What the people of Israel sought so earnestly they did not obtain. The elect among them did, but the others were hardened, 8 as it is written:
“God gave them a spirit of stupor,
eyes that could not see
and ears that could not hear,
to this very day.”[c]
9 And David says:
“May their table become a snare and a trap,
a stumbling block and a retribution for them.
10 May their eyes be darkened so they cannot see,
and their backs be bent forever.”[d]

Ingrafted Branches​

11 Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. 12 But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their full inclusion bring!
13 I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry 14 in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. 15 For if their rejection brought reconciliation to the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16 If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.
17 If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18 do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.
22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off. 23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't Jesus come to do away with the old law?
He came to "fulfill" the law, not destroy it. The only laws which no longer require observance are those which were "shadows of things to come" - the Mosaic Law of ceremonies and sacrifices - of which the Ten Commandments are not. ;)

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He came to "fulfill" the law, not destroy it. The only laws which no longer require observance are those which were "shadows of things to come" - the Mosaic Law of ceremonies and sacrifices - of which the Ten Commandments are not. ;)
Amen, people are being deceived and only will find out at the end the results..

Reactions: Phoneman777

Reddsta

Jul 5, 2023
SC Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking as one with authority here as you do Phoneman777 about the Law…are you a Law-yer? I am prosecuting your statement…”He came to fulfill the law, not destroy it” followed by what looks like an exclusion or a limitation of the Christ’s fulfillment. It looks as though you are proposing that the Lord Yahshua Christ did fulfill the “Mosaic Law of ceremonies and sacrifices” however by separating the “Ten Commandments” from the “Law” as it seems you have here…can you explain to me which of the “Ten Commandments” is it that the Lord Yahshua Christ did not “fulfill?
  • Did he have any other God than His Father?
  • Did He make any idols that He worshipped or served?
  • Did He take the name of God in vain?
  • Did he “not” keep the Sabbath day holy? With the exceptions of his disciples eating the grain on the Sabbath…and a healing that He did on the Sabbath?
  • Did he dishonor His Father and mother?
  • Did he commit murder?
  • Did he commit adultery?
  • Did He steal?
  • Did he bear false witness against His neighbor?
  • Did He covet anything that belonged to His neighbor?
If there was one of the “Ten Commandments” that the Lord did not “comply with”…it was #4. Clearly the fact that He…being the “Lord of the Sabbath”…actually showed us exactly what the Sabbath is…and is for…He did actually fulfill that one as well.

I suppose even more to the point…have you lived a life of “fulfilling” these commandments yourself Phoneman777…as the Lord Himself did? If not…and at the same time you feel the need to live by and strictly observe them them…are you offering the blood of bulls and goats at the temple in Jerusalem as a sacrifice? Are you aware that penalty for “working” on the seventh day the Sabbath day…is death as it says in the “Law of Moses” in direct regard to the 4th of the "Ten Commandments" the Sabbath day?

There is the possibility that you and some others on this forum need to “upgrade” your understanding of what it means when the Lord said that he fulfilled the “Law and Prophets.”

Redd...:)

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking as one with authority here as you do Phoneman777 about the Law…are you a Law-yer? I am prosecuting your statement…”He came to fulfill the law, not destroy it” followed by what looks like an exclusion or a limitation of the Christ’s fulfillment. It looks as though you are proposing that the Lord Yahshua Christ did fulfill the “Mosaic Law of ceremonies and sacrifices” however by separating the “Ten Commandments” from the “Law” as it seems you have here…can you explain to me which of the “Ten Commandments” is it that the Lord Yahshua Christ did not “fulfill?
  • Did he have any other God than His Father?
  • Did He make any idols that He worshipped or served?
  • Did He take the name of God in vain?
  • Did he “not” keep the Sabbath day holy? With the exceptions of his disciples eating the grain on the Sabbath…and a healing that He did on the Sabbath?
  • Did he dishonor His Father and mother?
  • Did he commit murder?
  • Did he commit adultery?
  • Did He steal?
  • Did he bear false witness against His neighbor?
  • Did He covet anything that belonged to His neighbor?
If there was one of the “Ten Commandments” that the Lord did not “comply with”…it was #4. Clearly the fact that He…being the “Lord of the Sabbath”…actually showed us exactly what the Sabbath is…and is for…He did actually fulfill that one as well.

I suppose even more to the point…have you lived a life of “fulfilling” these commandments yourself Phoneman777…as the Lord Himself did? If not…and at the same time you feel the need to live by and strictly observe them them…are you offering the blood of bulls and goats at the temple in Jerusalem as a sacrifice? Are you aware that penalty for “working” on the seventh day the Sabbath day…is death as it says in the “Law of Moses” in direct regard to the 4th of the "Ten Commandments" the Sabbath day?

There is the possibility that you and some others on this forum need to “upgrade” your understanding of what it means when the Lord said that he fulfilled the “Law and Prophets.”

Sure, He fulfilled all the law as one might "fulfill" any other obligation which is usually by performance of something.

The question here is: what was nailed to the Cross?
The answer is: that which was a "shadow".

The Ten Commandments were no shadow of anything, for they go all the way back to when all was light - unless we're willing to argue murder, theft, adultery and Satan worship were once OK.

However, the Mosaic Law of ceremonies and sacrifices was filled with that which pointed to Jesus, like Passover, and therefore when the OT "type" met the NT "antitype" there was no more need of the "type". Yet, the Ten Commandments "stand fast forever and ever and are done in truth and uprightness".

Reactions: Cassandra

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gentiles never were party to the covenant God made with Israel at Mt. Horeb.

Ephesians 2:11-13 EMTV
11) Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh--who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made by hands in the flesh--
12) that at that time you were apart from Christ, being estranged from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise, not having hope and atheists in the world.
13) But now in Christ Jesus, you who once were far away have come to be near by the blood of Christ.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question here is: what was nailed to the Cross?
Our promisory note of debt.

The cheirographon (literally ‘handwritten document’) was a document written in the form of a letter, and was often used for a formal acknowledgement of a transaction, or to establish a contract between two parties; in the latter case some legal clauses could be added to ensure the contract was binding, see [Keenan et al. 2014 : 44]. The contract could be easily produced without the need to employ a notary or enlist witnesses. This ease of production meant that it remained popular from its first attestation in the Ptolemaic period well into the Byzantine period [Yiftach-Firanko 2008a : 325 n.3, 327, 328].

Paul made use of this with Philemon:

Philemon 1:18-19 EMTV
18) But if he has wronged you or owes anything, charge this to me.
19) I, Paul, am writing with my own hand. I will repay--lest I say to you that even yourself you owe to me!

So then when our cheirographon is blotted out, this means we no longer have any debt, because its' been cleared, being nailed to the cross.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James declares the Law is a single thing, and to break one commandment doesn't mean you've broken one of 613 commandments, it means you are a "lawbreaker".

The "Law and the Prophets" are the details of the required obedience of the covenant God made with Israel at Mt. Horeb:

Exodus 19:3-8 KJV
3) And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;
4) Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.
5) Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6) And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
7) And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
8) And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

The commandments which follow, all of them, are the required obedience of this covenant. It was made with Israel alone.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel (Exodus 16:23, 29; 31:12-18; 35:1-3; Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3, 32; Numbers 15:32-36; 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13; Amos 8:5; Nehemiah 10:31) that is not binding on Christians under the new covenant.
Just so!

Much love!

Reddsta

Jul 5, 2023
SC Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings...

If one were to read through this entire forum one would see the passion and character from so many people. Some of those exchanges were downright humorous...had me laughing...it was a serious laugh though! I like it...:)

The title of the forum here is "Keeping the Sabbath tells people Who you Worship" which can be read two ways...there was more than ample understanding of this subject put forth here.

The SDA like any of the dominations you can think of...do have an element of truth in their belief structure...I was amazingly educated by an SDA scholar 15 years ago...a time I will never forget that he brought me into a deeper revelation about the end of the age.

This thinking that the "Sabbath" is yet the "seventh day of the week" is nothing less than a failure to grasp a spiritual understanding of "All the Law and Prophets" as well as an open rejection of Christ and His cross.

Never have I encountered a "law-keeper" who actually understood the Law in the light of the gospel of the Kingdom of God...thus they continue to keep the Law that no one except the Lord Yahshua could actually do...what are they telling themselves???

Paul warned us about these characters who presume to be expert teachers of the law…but they don’t have the slightest idea of what they’re talking about and they simply love to argue!

I am not suggesting that the Law and Ten Commandments” are meaningless…they have their place.

For example…we know that the moral code of the law is beautiful when applied as God intended…but actually…the law was not established for righteous people…but to bring conviction of sin to the unrighteous.

Hobie...Phoneman777 these Brothers & Sisters on this forum...several of them have shown you two with clarity...that the seventh day sabbath has been "upgraded" since the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

Those "in Christ" who is hidden away "in God"...who is "at rest"...are offered the opportunity to join our Father today...here on earth...by faith in the Lord via the Spirit...to live our lives "in the Lord of the Sabbath"...who is "at rest with His Father in the Seventh day sabbath."

In Christ everyday is the "sabbath rest"...however many have not been taught this.

Thank you

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Christ everyday is the "sabbath rest"...however many have not been taught this
The 7th day honors God as Creator--one of the things the world has gotten away from. And foks push the Lord aside as Creator. these days, but we are commanded to worhsip Him as such

Rev 14:7 "Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters."

Which sounds alot like Exodus 20:11

11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

I would love to see a Scripture for this. --> "at rest with His Father in the Seventh day sabbath. I couldn't find it in the Bible.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our promisory note of debt.

The cheirographon (literally ‘handwritten document’) was a document written in the form of a letter, and was often used for a formal acknowledgement of a transaction, or to establish a contract between two parties; in the latter case some legal clauses could be added to ensure the contract was binding, see [Keenan et al. 2014 : 44]. The contract could be easily produced without the need to employ a notary or enlist witnesses. This ease of production meant that it remained popular from its first attestation in the Ptolemaic period well into the Byzantine period [Yiftach-Firanko 2008a : 325 n.3, 327, 328].

Paul made use of this with Philemon:

Philemon 1:18-19 EMTV
18) But if he has wronged you or owes anything, charge this to me.
19) I, Paul, am writing with my own hand. I will repay--lest I say to you that even yourself you owe to me!

So then when our cheirographon is blotted out, this means we no longer have any debt, because its' been cleared, being nailed to the cross.

Much love!
Yes! The "bill of debt" was nailed to the Cross (Ephesians 2:15 KJV) which was the Mosaic Law!

The "Ten Commandments" are not any "bill of debt" - they are commandments with "blessing" and "promise" and "rest" unlike the Mosaic Law which was filled with penalties, sentences, punishments.

You've stumbled on yet another Biblical distinction between the Ten Commandments and the Mosaic Law.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James declares the Law is a single thing, and to break one commandment doesn't mean you've broken one of 613 commandments, it means you are a "lawbreaker".
I've heard people say many many times that James' point was "If we don't keep the entire Mosaic Law perfectly, we're in trouble, which is why we need to forget law and focus on grace".

Question: Did James mention "circumcision" or "Passover" or "first born redemption money"?
Answer: No - he mentioned "adultery" and "murder".

So, to which law did James refer when he said "whole law"?
The entire 613?
No - the Ten Commandments.

James was not telling us to forget the law, he was telling us to not be partial in the law - the Ten Commandments - and to "speak and so do as they that shall be judged by the Law of Liberty - the Ten Commandments. Does anyone really think it's OK for Christians to worship idols or commit adultery as skipping Passover or firstborn redemption money?

Reddsta

Jul 5, 2023
SC Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would love to see a Scripture for this. --> "at rest with His Father in the Seventh day sabbath. I couldn't find it in the Bible.
Hi Cassandra…

Not sure we have ever “talked” before…anyways it would be a pleasure to explain from scripture what I said…for you…here’s what I said. In Christ everyday is the "Sabbath rest"...however many have not been taught this.” Perhaps you are one who has not been shown…Cassandra? Well you won’t be able to undo what you are going to see if you keep reading…:) your probably going to say..."I knew that."

We know what God is up to right? Moses writes…
“Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.” (Gen 2:3 NKJV)

Paul restates it in Hebrews 4…
“For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: "AND GOD RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS”

You have been shown that on the “seventh day God rested”…He is “at rest”…right now.

The Lord tells us where “He is” and where "we" are in proximity to God His Father…emphasis mine…“I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be *one in Us,* that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. (Joh 17:20-23 NKJV)

Here the Lord Yahshua is saying that He is praying for all who come to Him through the work of the 12 apostles and the apostles as well. He is telling us…He is in the Father and the Father is in Him and “they are one”…then He explains how “we” or those who believe in Him through the apostles word would be “one with the Father and Him”…He goes on to say…”I am in them…and you are in Me.”

Ok so…God the Father is “at rest”…Christ is in the Father who is in Him…then Christ who is in the Father who is in Him…is “in us”…in the way the Father is in Him…we are one.

In Colossians 3 Paul tells us this…If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

Exactly as the Lord prayed…it happened exactly as he prayed…so as I said…“in Christ” everyday is the "Sabbath rest"...however many have not been taught this.

Hope this helps and inspires you all

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"at rest with His Father in the Seventh day sabbath"

You have tried explaining things and put up some scripture, but this particular phrase isn't one of them. Can you point me to the Bible verse where it is stated so there will be no need to speculate or sermonize what we personally think ? TIA:)

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Google "cheirographon" and "Oxyrhynchus".

Or just click the link:

And you can read all about it.

Much love!
I read it and it still doesn't change the fact that the Mosaic Law was "against us" (Deuteronomy 31:26 KJV) by the punishments, sentences, and penalties contained therein, while the Ten Commandments were "blessings, promises, rest".

Reddsta

Jul 5, 2023
SC Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"at rest with His Father in the Seventh day sabbath"

You have tried explaining things and put up some scripture, but this particular phrase isn't one of them. Can you point me to the Bible verse where it is stated so there will be no need to speculate or sermonize what we personally think ? TIA:)
Sorry to hear that Cassandra...but not surprised...perhaps you read my post...yeh likely you did...thank you...you just don't understand...no law keeper understands...as I stated. The day is short...this is no time for acting like a child...holding on to that which can never save you...but yet comforts you...

What I sent to you is all there...in the scripture...maybe you don't realize that...that changes nothing for me...sister...but it leaves you in a...quandary...here is your blindness...a result of your pride.

Is God at rest?
Is Christ in God?
Is Christ in us?
Are we in God?

Maybe not you Cassandra...that's fine as I see it...that is how it is...for the worldly and for those who are apostate...but the promise...is to me..."I am in Christ." Therefore "I am hidden in God" who is in me...so "we"..."my Father and I" are in "His seventh day rest" with the Lord of the Sabbath. Take it as you wish sister...as you wish...hold on your treasured belief as long as it fulfills your lust and pride. You are your own god and as long as you please yourself...god is pleased...that is the spirit of Babylon.

"Whom will he teach knowledge? And whom will he make to understand the message? Those just weaned from milk? Those just drawn from the breasts? For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little." For with stammering lips and another tongue He will speak to this people, To whom He said, "This is the rest with which You may cause the weary to rest," And, "This is the refreshing"; Yet they would not hear. But the word of the LORD was to them, "Precept upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little," That they might go and fall backward, and be broken And snared and caught." (Isaiah 28:9-13 NKJV)

"Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech—unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." (2Co 3:12-18 NKJV)

You can not receive this...neither can Hobie and Phoneman777..."Keeping the Sabbath tells people who you worship"...I agree.