Keeping the Sabbath tells people Who you Worship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know how you can tell a teacher of truth from a false prophet?

By their fruit

You don't even care if anyone believes you. You've said as much countless times. Everything's a LOL, right?

I often feel compelled to talk to people harshly, but I beg God every day to make me care enough to avoid heartless apathy.

You are right I don’t care. A lot less stress that way. My job is to let Christians know the truth. The rest is between them and God. Some of the worst atrocities in Christianity was caused by people insistent on people believing something.

Reactions: marks

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good Friday

Christian religious holiday, the Friday before Easter
Good Friday is a Christian holiday commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus and his death at Calvary. It is observed during Holy Week as part of the Paschal Triduum. It is also known as Holy Friday, Great Friday, Great and Holy Friday, and Black Friday.
Members of many Christian denominations, including the Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Lutheran, Anglican, Methodist, Oriental Orthodox, United Protestant and some Reformed traditions, observe Good Friday with fasting and church services. In many Catholic, Lutheran, Anglican and Methodist churches, the Service of the Great Three Hours' Agony is held from noon until 3 pm, the time duration that the Bible records as darkness covering the land to Jesus' sacrificial death on the cross. Communicants of the Moravian Church have a Good Friday tradition of cleaning gravestones in Moravian cemeteries. The date of Good Friday varies from one year to the next in both the Gregorian and Julian calendars

Oh gee now we have 3 hours...

Here's that calendar again:

Good Friday is the Friday before Easter, which is calculated differently in Eastern Christianity and Western Christianity (see Computus for details). Easter falls on the first Sunday following the Paschal Full Moon, the full moon on or after 21 March, taken to be the date of the vernal equinox. The Western calculation uses the Gregorian calendar, while the Eastern calculation uses the Julian calendar, whose 21 March now corresponds to the Gregorian calendar's 3 April. The calculations for identifying the date of the full moon also differ.

In Eastern Christianity, Easter can fall between 22 March and 25 April on Julian Calendar (thus between 4 April and 8 May in terms of the Gregorian calendar, during the period 1900 and 2099), so Good Friday can fall between 20 March and 23 April, inclusive (or between 2 April and 6 May in terms of the Gregorian calendar).

More moon worship.

Easter:

Easter and its related holidays are moveable feasts, not falling on a fixed date; its date is computed based on a lunisolar calendar (solar year plus Moon phase) similar to the Hebrew calendar. The First Council of Nicaea (325) established only two rules, namely independence from the Hebrew calendar and worldwide uniformity. No details for the computation were specified; these were worked out in practice, a process that took centuries and generated a number of controversies. It has come to be the first Sunday after the ecclesiastical full moon that occurs on or soonest after 21 March. Even if calculated on the basis of the Gregorian calendar, the date of that full moon sometimes differs from that of the astronomical first full moon after the March equinox.

Serious?

Everybody just do what they think is right..
I'm not a moon worshipper, just saying

hugs

I am not sure if I saw a specific question in your posts...Good Friday....Passover.....Easter?
Lets start with this and keep it as simple as possible....

The Jewish calendar is called a Lunar Calendar for a reason.

This calendar is not counting dates to shift months….It shift to a new month when the New Moon occurs. The New Moon is the evening that the Moon does not show…..in other words no Moon. In the Jewish calendar the night of the New Moon starts the new month, but the days of the week continue on unaffected. Pretty much like our cycle of months even though our calendar does not pay any attention to the Moon. But keep in mind that our months and days of the month do not match the Hebrew months or days of the month.

15 days later the Full Moon occurs. Passover is always on the 15th day of the month of Nisan and the Full Moon…..Keep in mind that the Jewish new day starts at dusk. Our new day starts at midnight but their new day starts at dusk. So on the 14th day as the sun goes down the day changes to the 15th at dusk and then the Full Moon occurs every month on that date. Looking at our calendar Christ was crucified on April 7th 30 AD that date in the Hebrew calendar is the 14th day of the Hebrew month of Nisan. The Passover that year fell on the Jewish Saturday Sabbath so it was a double Sabbath or High Holy Day.

Passover can occur on any day of the week but the date is always on the 15th night/day of the month. People always say that Passover is on the 15th but you have to keep in mind that the Jewish day starts the evening before. So they are having lunch on the 14th then after the Passover meal and the sun goes down the day shifts to the 15th and it is Passover. Now when you are reading the Bible and it says the Preparation Day….that is the 14th as they slaughter the lamb and cook it and have the Passover meal and as dusk falls the Passover starts.

Now what month does Passover occur in? It is the first month after the Spring equinox….equinox means the day that the hours of daylight and night are more or less equal….12 hours daylight….12 hours night.

There is an exception if the barley is not dry but we do not need to get into that.

The calculations for Easter do not follow a date that is why the date that Easter occurs changes each year…..Easter is always on a Sunday. The same calculation as above except the following Sunday. Our calendars do not align with the Hebrew months and that is why Passover and Easter sometimes falls in March and sometimes April.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A whole bunch of days......anything specific you are looking for?
I know it's the Day of the Lord. And all things were fulfilled in it.
That Day was 3 and 1/2 years short.

I think my question was:
How could the Passover and the Day of Atonement happen at the same time?
And all I come up with is:
With God all things are possible.
:D
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no rams in the NT..
Hard to track them.
Sheep everywhere but rams I can't find.

Hugs

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know it's the Day of the Lord. And all things were fulfilled in it.
That Day was 3 and 1/2 years short.

I think my question was:
How could the Passover and the Day of Atonement happen at the same time?
And all I come up with is:
With God all things are possible.
:D
Hugs

Yom Kippur and the escape goat

Jewish tradition takes “Azazel” as the name of a rocky headland off which one goat, having the sins of the community symbolically placed upon it, would be thrown. The other goat, the one for the Lord, would be slaughtered as part of the general Yom Kippur rituals. This slaughter would bring atonement to the community.

Jesus shows himself as the fulfillment of the Passover and the Day of Atonement. In fact, Jesus fulfills the role of both goats in the Day of Atonement ritual more completely. His blood atones for humanity and makes a way for God and humans to dwell together, like the goat offered in the holy of holies.

Atonement in Judaism is a pardon of sins and an appeasement of God’s wrath. Not exactly the same thing as forgiveness in Christianity. As in the Escape Goat ritual Israel’s sins are carried off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, 9 of the 10 are in the New Covenant as commandments.... but how we observe the sabbath is no longer a carnal effort done as a work to earn right standing with the Lord under the New Covenant as it was in the old covenant.

The Book of Hebrews tells us how the sabbath of kept under the New Covenant and it's not just a carnal work done on Saturday as some have been deceived in to believing which is not what the New Covenant teaches.

The Saturday peoples can never overcome the Counsel of Jerusalem in Acts 15 where the Lord did NOT lead them to include observing Saturday sabbath... unless the Saturday peoples want to claim the Apostles were being led by devils in the Book of Acts and not being led by the Lord.

If they say the Apostles were being led by the Lord at the the Counsel of Jerusalem, then they must accept the Apostles teachings as being from the Lord.... and accept observing Saturday sabbath is not applicable under the New Covenant.

But, if they don't accept the Apostles teachings as being from the Lord at the Counsel of Jerusalem then the Saturday peoples must concede that they believe the Apostles were listening to devils which is why they did not teach the people about observing Saturday sabbath.

The Saturday peoples apparently do believe the Apostles in the Book of Acts were being led by devils.
Yes, we have the authority to dictate to God, which of His Commadments which He wrote with His own finger are valid. Is that reality, think that through..

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, 9 of the 10 are in the New Covenant as commandments.... but how we observe the sabbath is no longer a carnal effort done as a work to earn right standing with the Lord under the New Covenant as it was in the old covenant.

This implies that Old Testament-era believers obeyed the Ten Commandments as "a carnal effort done as a work to earn right standing with the Lord," which, aside from being desperately redundant, is remarkably absurd considering that righteousness by faith is cited everywhere in the Old Testament—even quoted in the New, and described by Christ as something with which Nicodemus, a teacher of Jews, should have been thoroughly familiar.

The whole business about Old Testament believers being required to earn their salvation by works is such absolute insanity. I can't believed it's presented over an over in a desperate effort to impeach only ONE of God's commandments. It's just such a a bore.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is so because most of us don't know there are two kinds of Sabbath referred to in scripture.

This helps, I think.
True, it was a high sabbath, but most people don't have any idea what that is..

Reactions: BlessedPeace

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I put this here and someone will complain I'm following astrology.. not.
Just looking for the meaning.

New moon

In astronomy, the new moon is the first lunar phase, when the Moon and Sun have the same ecliptic longitude. At this phase, the lunar disk is not visible to the naked eye, except when it is silhouetted against the Sun during a solar eclipse.

I believe "astronomy" is the word you're looking for, Zig, which is not a belief system, but a science.

Hugs
:hearteyes:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe "astronomy" is the word you're looking for, Zig, which is not a belief system, but a science.

Hugs
:hearteyes:
I was working on a thread going through seasons and months and astrology signs came in like Leo in August or the Ram in April.
I guess you could say I was following the stars.
So the thread got taken down because atrology somehow founds its way into it.
Hugs

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right I don’t care. A lot less stress that way. My job is to let Christians know the truth. The rest is between them and God. Some of the worst atrocities in Christianity was caused by people insistent on people believing something.
The thing is it was usually their own ideas, but if its from th Bible..

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Answer one thing then, what day was made holy and sanctified at Creation....?

Hobie, the trouble with the theology that you hold dear to yourself, is that if one small part is wrong, then all of your theology collapses with that one small part that is discovered to be wrong and you fall backwards and become broken and snared.

Isaiah 28:13: - But the word of the Lord was to them,
"Precept upon precept, precept upon precept,
Line upon line, line upon line,
Here a little, there a little,"
That they might go and fall backward, and be broken
And snared and caught.

All of our respective head knowledge will not save us. We will only be saved because of where and what we send our roots down into.

In other words, what we need is a relationship that is personal and meaningful to the Father and to us.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: marks

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well lets look at the truth we are given in Gods Word as it shows not only did the Jews come for Sabbath but the Gentiles. We read in Acts where early on almost the whole city Jews and Gentiles wanted to be there on the Sabbath.

Acts 13:42-44
King James Version (KJV)
42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

Now we see the Gentiles keep the Sabbath in Antioch as we see Paul when he came there, meeting with them in the synagogue on the Sabbath day.

Acts 13:14
But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down.

We see much the same in the early church in Thessalonica when Paul as was his manner, entered on three Sabbath days and reasoned with them out of the scriptures.

Acts 17:2
And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

And we see more of the same in the early church in Corinth were Paul went every Sabbath and we clearly see it says "persuaded the Jews and the Greeks."

Acts 18:4
And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

And we see it was the same thing that Christ had done when He was in His ministry before Paul.

Mark 6:2
And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?

Luke 4:16
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Luke 4:31
And came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and taught them on the sabbath days.

As had Christ, the Paul worshiped in the early church on the seventh-day Sabbath. We clearly see that in his travels Paul attended the synagogue on the Sabbath with Gentiles and Jews, and preached Christ. Even in places where there was no synagogue, he searched for where the early church met for Sabbath worship.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well lets look at the truth we are given in Gods Word as it shows not only did the Jews come for Sabbath but the Gentiles. We read in Acts where early on almost the whole city Jews and Gentiles wanted to be there on the Sabbath.

King James Version (KJV)
42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

Now we see the Gentiles keep the Sabbath in Antioch as we see Paul when he came there, meeting with them in the synagogue on the Sabbath day.

But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down.

We see much the same in the early church in Thessalonica when Paul as was his manner, entered on three Sabbath days and reasoned with them out of the scriptures.

And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

And we see more of the same in the early church in Corinth were Paul went every Sabbath and we clearly see it says "persuaded the Jews and the Greeks."

And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

And we see it was the same thing that Christ had done when He was in His ministry before Paul.

And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?

And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

And came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and taught them on the sabbath days.

As had Christ, the Paul worshiped in the early church on the seventh-day Sabbath. We clearly see that in his travels Paul attended the synagogue on the Sabbath with Gentiles and Jews, and preached Christ. Even in places where there was no synagogue, he searched for where the early church met for Sabbath worship.
Gentiles here are not Christians but are converts to Judaism. Acts 13:42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath. 43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes (Gentile converts to Judaism) followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God. (KJV)

In regard to Acts 13:42-44, Paul's work here was evangelism. Notice that these were "unbelievers" in Christ before Paul preached to them. They believed in the Jewish system, but the Bible says in Acts 14:1, that they BECAME believers proving Paul's work there was evangelism and not sabbath worship.

These Gentiles were Jewish converts to Judaism known as proselytes. They practiced the law of Moses and kept the sabbath. The only Gentiles that were in the synagogue would be these proselytes. These Gentiles were not yet Christians. Acts 13:43 - "Now when the meeting of the synagogue had broken up, many of the Jews and of the God-fearing proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, were urging them to continue in the grace of God." Paul and Barnabas led them to their conversion.

Acts 14:1 - "In Iconium they entered the synagogue of the Jews together and spoke in such a manner that a large number of people believed, both of Jews and of Greeks." *The terms Gentiles and Greeks are often used interchangeably in the Bible.

Acts 17:4 - "And some of them were persuaded and joined Paul and Silas, along with a large number of the God-fearing Greeks and a number of the leading women.

Acts 18:4 - "And he was reasoning in the synagogue every Sabbath and trying to persuade Jews and Greeks."

Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel (Exodus 16:23, 29; 31:12-18; 35:1-3; Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3, 32; Numbers 15:32-36; 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13; Amos 8:5; Nehemiah 10:31) that is not binding on Christians under the new covenant.

*Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

King James Version (KJV)

So you think the Gentiles went into the Temple and sacrificed animals? You do not know much about the Bible.

And Christ and the Temple and the Sabbath? Of course, ya have to keep your timeline straight …..Christ’s ministry was still in the Old Covenant and initially Paul was trying to convert the Jews…..What are you trying to pull here a deception?