Keeping the Sabbath tells people Who you Worship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prycejosh1987

May 20, 2024
Balsall Heath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The weekly Sabbath tells people who you worship and why because the 4th commandment says:
Not entirely. I pray everyday but i do not go to church to take part in services. I do this because i want to draw closer to God and have a genuine relationship with God. I believe there is growth in risks.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to hear that Cassandra...but not surprised...perhaps you read my post...yeh likely you did...thank you...you just don't understand...no law keeper understands...as I stated. The day is short...this is no time for acting like a child...holding on to that which can never save you...but yet comforts you...

What I sent to you is all there...in the scripture...maybe you don't realize that...that changes nothing for me...sister...but it leaves you in a...quandary...here is your blindness...a result of your pride.

Is God at rest?
Is Christ in God?
Is Christ in us?
Are we in God?

Maybe not you Cassandra...that's fine as I see it...that is how it is...for the worldly and for those who are apostate...but the promise...is to me..."I am in Christ." Therefore "I am hidden in God" who is in me...so "we"..."my Father and I" are in "His seventh day rest" with the Lord of the Sabbath. Take it as you wish sister...as you wish...hold on your treasured belief as long as it fulfills your lust and pride. You are your own god and as long as you please yourself...god is pleased...that is the spirit of Babylon.

"Whom will he teach knowledge? And whom will he make to understand the message? Those just weaned from milk? Those just drawn from the breasts? For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little." For with stammering lips and another tongue He will speak to this people, To whom He said, "This is the rest with which You may cause the weary to rest," And, "This is the refreshing"; Yet they would not hear. But the word of the LORD was to them, "Precept upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little," That they might go and fall backward, and be broken And snared and caught." (Isaiah 28:9-13 NKJV)

"Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech—unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." (2Co 3:12-18 NKJV)

You can not receive this...neither can Hobie and Phoneman777..."Keeping the Sabbath tells people who you worship"...I agree.

Redd...:)
Yes, but does transgressing the Law bring you closer to Christ who made the Sabbath, I would say not..

Reddsta

Jul 5, 2023
SC Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but does transgressing the Law bring you closer to Christ who made the Sabbath, I would say not..
Hobie...Christ fulfilled all the law...and prophets...fulfilled...and since I have died my life is hidden with Christ in God. I am in Christ Hobie...the law is for the lawless not those who have been cleansed from all sin and unrighteousness.

God is at "rest" because He is the sabbath...once again as Paul said...my life is hidden with Christ in God who is the sabbath...simply ignore these things if you like...

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not entirely. I pray everyday but i do not go to church to take part in services. I do this because i want to draw closer to God and have a genuine relationship with God. I believe there is growth in risks.
When in the Civil War, you saw a 'Rebel' flag in front of a thousand charging men yelling like the furies, who were they following, the Union of the United States or a break away from it...Not to hard to tell who you are following when it comes down to the real everyday truth..

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just wanna know, and have not had an answer for this:

Why did God, God , mind you, put a ceremonial Law into the 10 commandments? (Hint: it's not ceremonial)
He wrote them with His finger. He was not playing. They are engraved in stone. You all know,who argue that 10 commandments are done away with, that if you disobeyed one of them, it is sin? Look at the list. Do you think to disobey is sinful?

Aside from that I still wanna know--if the Sabbath was just a Jewish thing, WHY did GOD, in HIS WISDOM, add it to the ten?
This is why

It shows He is Creator. Rev 14

7 And he said with a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come, and worship him who made heaven and earth, the sea and the springs of water.

Similar words found in Exodus 20:8-11 8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Also this particular commandment says to Remember--wonder why?

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When in the Civil War, you saw a 'Rebel' flag in front of a thousand charging men yelling like the furies, who were they following, the Union of the United States or a break away from it...Not to hard to tell who you are following when it comes down to the real everyday truth..

So those that only worship one day a week (Saturday) are saved and all others are not, right?

If this is not your claim then why are you wasting everyone's time?

Reactions: Reddsta

Reddsta

Jul 5, 2023
SC Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He wrote them with His finger. He was not playing. They are engraved in stone.
Yes…and to “whom” did he give them…?
You all know,who argue that 10 commandments are done away with
Who says there “done away with?” They are not…”done away with”…they were “fulfilled to God the Fathers perfect expectation” in His Son Yahshua Christ…all of them…and the prophets as well. He did it because Israel could not…it wasn’t an afterthought…it was always going to be like that. Perhaps you simply have not been taught these things Cassandra…huh?
that if you disobeyed one of them, it is sin? Look at the list. Do you think to disobey is sinful?
Paul teaches us that…some believers have been led astray by teachings and speculations that emphasize nothing more than the empty words of men. They presume to be expert teachers of the law,” but they don’t have the slightest idea of what they’re talking about because they simply love to argue!

Cassandra…we know that the moral code of the law is beautiful when applied as God intended…but actually…the law was not established for righteous people in Christ…but to bring conviction of sin to the unrighteous.

The law was established to bring the revelation of sin to the evildoers and rebellious, the sinners without God, those who are vicious and perverse, and to those who strike their father or their mother, sinners, murderers, rapists, those who are sexually impure, homosexuals, kidnappers, liars, those who break their oaths, and all those who oppose the teaching of godliness and purity in Christ…they are the ones the law is for…is that you?

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So those that only worship one day a week (Saturday) are saved and all others are not, right?

You will see what Christ says at the end, when many who thought they were following Him hear 'you never knew me' and understand the meaning..

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, this one is gonna shock you:

John 9:22 relates that the parents of the blind man whose sight Jesus had restored “were afraid of the Jews; for the Jews had already agreed that anyone who confessed Jesus to be the Messiah would be put out of the synagogue.” (A similar reference occurs later, in John 12:42, right after Jesus’ final entry into Jerusalem.) Was Jesus’ following really so large at the time this blind man got his sight that the Jewish authorities would have passed such a decree? John’s gospel goes on to suggest that the real impetus for defections to the Jesus camp was the raising of Lazarus, for according to John 12:11 “it was on account of him that many of the Jews were deserting and were believing in Jesus.” But even assuming that John’s gospel is not chronological and that Lazarus’ resurrection preceded the healing of the blind man, is it likely that the chief priests would have already adopted an expulsion edict as a counter measure to widespread acceptance of Jesus as the Christ?

I don’t think so. It seems far more probable to me that such an edict came much later – perhaps more than half a century later, when John wrote his gospel for a community of believers who had experienced precisely such an expulsion, as Jesus reportedly predicted would happen in John 16:2. (James Louis Martyn’s book History and Theology in the Fourth Gospel makes a rather convincing case for this.)

Those who insist that everything written in the gospels is historically accurate in every respect, down to the last detail, will disagree with this. “Of course the Jewish authorities had promulgated such an edict before the blind man got his sight; John’s gospel says so! End of story!” Not for me. I ask myself (and them) how our faith would be diminished if we granted the anachronism, i.e., if John took a later edict and placed it in his story as encouragement for his readership contemporaneously facing such a decree. And I answer, “Not at all.”

To my thinking, John’s gospel was never intended to be a historical record. Its author’s purpose in writing was not to chronicle but to persuade. He says so himself in 20:31 (“But these are written so that you may come to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that through believing you may have life in his name.”). It is this element of the gospel – “if you believe, you may have life in his name” – which mattered to the author and which should matter to us. It is unnecessary to hold to the literal truth of each and every one of the events recounted; the message of the gospel must be believed, and that message conveys theological truth, not necessarily literal truth. (The Lazarus story itself may well fall into this category, given that this supposedly notorious miracle is never mentioned in any of the earlier-written synoptic gospels.)

OK, take you shots at me as a heretic . . .
I get what you are saying

But I need more faith...not less.
That approach to God's word is not conducive to a higher faith.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, this one is gonna shock you:

Those who insist that everything written in the gospels is historically accurate in every respect, down to the last detail, will disagree with this.

Do you seriously believe the 10 commandments... especially the fourth... were inaccurate?

OK, take you shots at me as a heretic . . .

No, not a heretic... JUST A MAN

Reactions: RedFan

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One should consider that the "real" sabbath of old started on Friday night around 6 PM.

And for a while that WAS the way of the SDAs.

Ellen G. White — Messenger to the Remnant From EGW writings. Boldings and color changes are mine.

Time to Begin Observance of Sabbath

1. Six o’clock Time Observed.—Various times for the beginning of the Sabbath were taken by various individuals—midnight, sunset, 6 P.M., and sunrise. For ten years the Sabbathkeeping Adventists generally observed Sabbath from 6 P.M. Friday to 6 P.M. Saturday. (Review and Herald, December 4, 1855, p. 78, col. 2.) Elder Bates, who had had long experience as a sea captain and astronomer, and who was the leader in presenting the Sabbath among Adventists, reached the conclusion that equatorial time should form the basis for reckoning the hours of the Sabbath, and others accepted the six-to-six theory without much special study. (Review and Herald, February 25, 1868, p. 168, col. 1.)EGWMR 34.15

Note the attitude of James White in 1848, after stating that “there has been some division as to the time of beginning the Sabbath. Some commenced at sundown. Most, however, at 6 P.M.” Brother White even went so far as to say, “God has raised up Brother Bates to give this [Sabbath] truth. I should have more faith in his opinion than any other man’s.” (James White Letter, July 2, 1848; Record Book I, pp. 116, 117.) (Italics mine.) It should be carefully noted that while there was a slight error in detail, the position of beginning the new day at evening was essentially correct.EGWMR 35.1

2. Sunrise Time Advocated In Maine.—Some in Maine took the position from Matthew 28:1, that the Sabbath commenced and closed at sunrise : “In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week.” (Review and Herald, February 25, 1868, p. 168, col. 1.)EGWMR 35.2

3. Error In Principle Divinely Corrected,—There now threatened to creep in an error in principle which was checked through the Spirit of prophecy. Ellen White, in vision, heard the angel quote the words of Scripture, “From even unto even, shall ye celebrate your Sabbath.” Leviticus 23:32. This settled the point so far as the sunrise-time fallacy was concerned, but the body of believers continued with six o’clock time until this error was corrected later from Scriptural evidence.EGWMR 35.3

4. Time Occasionally Questioned.—Converts from among Seventh Day Baptists, and possibly others, observed sunset time, and periodically raised the question of the correctness of the six o’clock position held by the group.EGWMR 35.4

5. Bible Study On Doctrinal Point.—In the summer of 1855, John Andrews was requested by James White to investigate the question. His conclusions, with supporting Scriptural evidence, were read at the general conference in Battle Creek in November, 1855, at the Sabbath morning service. Elder Andrews demonstrated from nine Old Testament and two New Testament texts that “even” and “evening” were identical with sunset. (Review and Herald, December 4, 1855, p. 78, col. 2.)EGWMR 35.5

6. Scriptural Testimony Accepted.—The sunset time was now accepted by nearly all present at the 1855 conference. Joseph Bates and Ellen White were exceptions, both holding to the six o’clock position.EGWMR 35.6

7. Confirmed By Revelation, Settling Conflicting Views.—“At the close of the conference at Battle Creek referred to above, the ministers and others especially interested in the cause, had a special season of prayer for the prosperity of the cause, and in that meeting Mrs. White had a vision, one item of which was that sunset time was correct. [Testimonies for the Church 1:116.] This settled the matter with Brother Bates and others, and general harmony has since prevailed among us upon this point.”—James White, Review and Herald, February 25, 1868, p. 168, col. 2.EGWMR 35.7

8. Significance Of Formerly Held Incorrect Views.—“And lest any should say that Sister White, having changed her sentiments, had a vision accordingly, we will state that what was shown her in vision concerning the commencement of the Sabbath, was contrary to her own sentiment at the time the vision was given.”—Uriah Smith, in Review and Herald, August 30, 1864, p. 109, col. 1. Thus all could see that God was speaking, and that Ellen White was not merely repeating her personal, previously held views.
So... Saturday is wrong.