Keeping the Sabbath tells people Who you Worship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm told by some who object to 4th commandment observance that the only things we need to concern ourselves with from "the law of Moses" are the items agreed upon at the Jerusalem Council.
Personally, I was disappointed with their conclusions.
But happy that they took action.

/

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While it may sound weird to some, Jesus came to fulfill the law. He gave two great commandments.

Mt 22:37–40 And Jesus said to him, ‘Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thine understanding— this is a first and great command; and the second is like to it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself; on these—the two commands—all the law and the prophets do hang.’
The Two don't replace the Ten - they summarize the Ten.

Also, if "fulfill" means "do away with", then you must agree that "all righteousness" was fulfilled and "done away with" when Jesus was baptized, right?

Of course not. "Fulfill" refers to "fulfill an obligation".
Jesus also said:

Mk 2:25–28 And he said to them, “Have you never read what David did, when he was in need and was hungry, he and those who were with him: how he entered the house of God, in the time of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the bread of the Presence, which it is not lawful for any but the priests to eat, and also gave it to those who were with him?” And he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is lord even of the Sabbath.”
We must compare Mark 2:25-28 KJV and the companion passage Matthew 12:1-7 KJV to understand what's going on:

The Jews preached salvation by works and taught the people to foolishly look to the temple to find salvation instead of God's grace...and they hated Jesus for refusing to conform to them. So, when they accused Jesus and company of "harvesting" on Sabbath, His response was not to excuse Sabbath breaking - it was to point out the hypocrisy of the Jews.

How?

By first reminding them that David and the priests profaned the temple and the Sabbath and nothing but crickets was heard from them, but the "One greater than the temple" and His associates lawfully grab a meal on the go on the Sabbath and these hypocrites falsely accuse them of "unlawful harvesting" on the Sabbath.

See? Jesus wasn't setting a precedent for Sabbath breaking at all - because John 15:10 KJV plainly says He never broke a single commandment!
And the Apostle Paul made claims about the old law rules, too.

Col 2:13–23 And you—being dead in the trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh—He made alive together with him, having forgiven you all the trespasses, having blotted out the handwriting in the ordinances that is against us, that was contrary to us, and he hath taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross; having stripped the principalities and the authorities, he made a shew of them openly—having triumphed over them in it. Let no one, then, judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths, which are a shadow of the coming things, and the body is of the Christ
Paul's list of commandments have to to with ceremonial and sacrificial "shadows of things to come", including the yearly Feast Day "sabbaths" which pointed to different elements of Jesus' missions. The weekly Sabbath isn't a "shadow" of anything, and therefore has nothing to do with Colossians 2.

Furthermore, do you know which law was "against us"? Not the Ten Commandments. Deuteronomy 31:24-26 KJV plainly tells us it was the law Moses wrote that was against the people, not the law God wrote with His finger in the tables of stone. That's why after the Cross, it's no longer a sin to forgo circumcision or not attend Passover or not bring first born redemption money, etc., but it's still wrong to kill, steal, lie, worship Satan, etc.

Reactions: Brakelite

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To those who appeal to Bible verses to insist the weekly Sabbath is no more, your willful refusal to recognize the Biblical distinction between the Law of God and the Law of Moses will not hold up in Heavenly Court:

• It is not reasonable to read "the law is holy, just, and good" but also read about "the law of a carnal commandment" - and insist there's no distinction.

• It's not reasonable to read where Daniel says "All Israel have transgressed Thy law...and the oath written in the law of Moses" and insist there's no distinction.

• It's not reasonable to read "only if they will observe to do according to all that I have commanded them, and also to do all that My servant Moses commanded them" and insist there's no distinction.

• It's not reasonable to read about a law that has to do with "shadows of things to come" which was nailed to the Cross, but then read about a law written by God Himself in tables of stone which "stand fast forever and ever" and insist there's no distinction.

See? The very verses to which you appeal for "evidence" the Sabbath is no more are the verses which foretell the eventual abolishment of the Mosaic Law - never the Ten Commandments. It will always be wrong to kill, steal, lie, worship Satan, commit adultery, break the Sabbath, etc. Therefore, proceed at the peril of your own soul if you choose to disregard Paul's counsel to "despise not prophesyings" and "prove all things" which are written herein.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keeping the Sabbath tells people Who you Worship

There we have it... only SDA peoples go to Heaven... all others go to the lake-O-fire according to the SDA peoples who earn their salvation by keeping the law of Moses. clueless-doh.gif

Commandment? No. Good idea for our human bodies, I think so.

They claim Christians are commanded to only go to church ion Saturday agree.gif
And those that go on Sunday are worshiping the anti-christ having taken the mark of the beast

And how do we show our love...John 14:15

And of course the SDA peoples cannot show us any scripture in the New Testament where Jesus and His Apostles teach that Christians are required to go to church only in Saturdays to be saved.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There we have it... only SDA peoples go to Heaven... all others go to the lake-O-fire according to the SDA peoples who earn their salvation by keeping the law of Moses. View attachment 41508

They claim Christians are commanded to only go to church ion Saturday View attachment 41509
And those that go on Sunday are worshiping the anti-christ having taken the mark of the beast

And of course the SDA peoples cannot show us any scripture in the New Testament where Jesus and His Apostles teach that Christians are required to go to church only in Saturdays to be saved.
Well BB, this is why we have to 'let God be true, but every man a liar', and at the end all will see and have a choice who they will follow, God or the deceiver. Its that simple..

Thats why the Bible says to get out of Babylon because it will fall and be 'thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.' I believe and have confidence in what Gods Word gives us that Gods people will come out of it before it meets its hour of judgment, and I tell everyone there is still time...

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well BB, this is why we have to 'let God be true, but every man a liar', and at the end all will see and have a choice who they will follow, God or the deceiver. Its that simple..

Thats why the Bible says to get out of Babylon because it will fall and be 'thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.' I believe and have confidence in what Gods Word gives us that Gods people will come out of it before it meets its hour of judgment, and I tell everyone there is still time...
There is yet time to let God give you His truth - which may well not be the truth that man has given.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'd better leave planet earth then... it's full of darkness

We have been sent as sheep among wolves (Matthew 10:16) and should not be hiding ourselves from the world.
Well what do you think I am doing here BB....

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trying to persuade others to become SDA.
Has anyone asked you to "become SDA?"

What do you think Seventh-day Adventists should do—hide their lights under a bushel?

Perhaps they should be cancelled/banned?

Maybe only those who have no denominational affiliation should be allowed to discuss their beliefs. That's really popular these days.

'
google-smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes-960d-mysmiley-net.png

'

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fear the Lord. I know the truth. But most all them that read all these posts on this forum, don't.
They are the mark, not me. So save it, this will not work on me. Will it work for you on them?
Knock it off, newbie!
Everyone deserves the right to be heard. Even you.

/ cc: @BarneyFife @Hobie

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fear the Lord. I know the truth. But most all them that read all these posts on this forum, don't.
They are the mark, not me. So save it, this will not work on me. Will it work for you on them?

Sure, we know why you're here:

You've been very jealous for the LORD GOD of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken His covenant, thrown down His altars, and slain His prophets with the sword; and you, even you only, are left; and they seek your life.

'

'

Reactions: St. SteVen

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know that's the tradionalists, got to take it up with the church in Rome...
Or we could take it up with the roughly 20,000 people who profess faith in the LORD Jesus Christ as the sole propitiation for their sins (salvation) and join the worldwide Seventh-day Adventist church every year.

Just a thought.

The purpose here is not to proselytize but simply to refute the critical claim that the Adventist interpretation of the Bible doesn't lead to salvation. I would beg to differ.

'

'

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or we could take it up with the roughly 20,000 people who profess faith in the LORD Jesus Christ as the sole propitiation for their sins (salvation) and join the worldwide Seventh-day Adventist church every year.

Just a thought.

The purpose here is not to proselytize but simply to refute the critical claim that the Adventist interpretation of the Bible doesn't lead to salvation. I would beg to differ.

'

'
Yet, here we, as a group, are with many people accusing brothers and sisters of error - making ourselves the arbiter of true understanding. I find it interesting that many posts are simply promotion of opinions rather than scriptures. I think I have witnessed the lack of AGAPE between us many times.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree.
There are points on which mainline Christians and SDAs differ.
These criticisms are used to marginalize SDA Christians from the larger assortment.

While finding disagreement on some aspects of SDAism, I have also held the belief that my
SDA brothers and sisters are part of the Body of Christ and should NOT be discounted.
Very similar to my acceptance of Catholics. I disagree on several issues.
But at this point, I see no reason to marginalize them. They are us as well.

/

Last edited:

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 5:7–47 Jesus said to him, “Get up, take up your bed, and walk.” And at once the man was healed, and he took up his bed and walked. Now that day was the Sabbath. So the Jews said to the man who had been healed, “It is the Sabbath, and it is not lawful for you to take up your bed.” But he answered them, “The man who healed me, that man said to me, ‘Take up your bed, and walk.’ ” They asked him, “Who is the man who said to you, ‘Take up your bed and walk’?” Now the man who had been healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had withdrawn, as there was a crowd in the place. Afterward Jesus found him in the temple and said to him, “See, you are well! Sin no more, that nothing worse may happen to you.” The man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had healed him. And this was why the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because he was doing these things on the Sabbath. But Jesus answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I am working.” This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God. So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing. And greater works than these will he show him, so that you may marvel. For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will. For the Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him. Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. And he has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man. Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment. “I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me. If I alone bear witness about myself, my testimony is not true. There is another who bears witness about me, and I know that the testimony that he bears about me is true. You sent to John, and he has borne witness to the truth. Not that the testimony that I receive is from man, but I say these things so that you may be saved. He was a burning and shining lamp, and you were willing to rejoice for a while in his light. But the testimony that I have is greater than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to accomplish, the very works that I am doing, bear witness about me that the Father has sent me. And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me. His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen, and you do not have his word abiding in you, for you do not believe the one whom he has sent. You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. I do not receive glory from people. But I know that you do not have the love of God within you. I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him. How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God? Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you: Moses, on whom you have set your hope. For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?”

So, what should we believe regarding "the sabbath?"

Did not Yeshua say that the sabbath was made for man and not man made for the sabbath?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, what should we believe regarding "the sabbath?"
I tend to come back to this idea. Scripture below.

I can certainly argue with those that require
me to "consider one day more sacred than another".
But ultimately, I leave that to the individual believer to decide
for themselves. To be "fully convinced in their own mind."

Romans 14:4-5 NIV
Who are you to judge someone else’s servant?
To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand,
for the Lord is able to make them stand.
5 One person considers one day more sacred than another;
another considers every day alike. Each of them should be
fully convinced in their own mind.

/

Reactions: amadeus