KJV versus Modern Translations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I meant 1629.

The mainly spelling of the original 1611 is completely different. I guess a photo search engine with 'original 1611' might show a page.

Gee. spelling is really a big difference? No. It's not.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually the letter styling of the 1611 is confusing comparatively. Makes a bit of a difference. You haven't seen this yourself?

Oh, the letter styling, that really makes a big difference. Makes you so 'confused'.

Stranger

Laish

Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger Maybe I misunderstood you in my first post quoting you those are the differences between the 1611 and the modern 1769 on the shelves today . It's probably the one your most familiar with. The list is from a kjv only site that only excepts the original 1611
Blessings
Bill

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger Maybe I misunderstood you in my first post quoting you those are the differences between the 1611 and the modern 1769 on the shelves today . It's probably the one your most familiar with. The list is from a kjv only site that only excepts the original 1611
Blessings
Bill

So, what is the problem?

Stranger

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Blessings
Bill
Such comparisons between the different King James versions can be very interesting, especially given some of the strong statements that are sometimes made about the KJV (which I love and use).

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, the letter styling, that really makes a big difference. Makes you so 'confused'.

Stranger
So you just want to argue.

When people see the letter style of the 1611 it is odd and confusing.

You should follow the link provided you and read up on the differences.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No you asked for differences. So there is a few .
For me I have no problem. I like it I understand it . I know that word meaning have changed from what is used today .
Blessings
Bill
It's probably a case of both meanings and spellings; but if the basic spellings are standardized - as they were - then the meanings should probably not be too difficult - in my humble view - in what is basically a very reliable and time honored version.

Laish

Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's probably a case of both meanings and spellings; but if the basic spellings are standardized - as they were - then the meanings should probably not be too difficult - in my humble view - in what is basically a very reliable and time honored version.
No not at all for me. I get it I had experience with early modern English . Where many don't . Never knew doing Shakespeare was going to come in handy .
I will say many people have problems with the language. For younger folks I recommend ESV or NKJ
I also like the poetic sense of the KJV .
I also have it among other translations for Bible study .
Blessings
Bill

Reactions: SovereignGrace

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not the language of the 1679. And it contained the apocryphal which was later removed.

A lot of work meaning changed. Some words stopped even being used.

Anyone who says the KJV of today is the 1611 version either doesn't know what they're talking about or is flat out lying.

Unicorn is use seven times in the KJV.

The KJV replaces Passover with Easter.

If the 1611 is only true Bible why do you use the 1679 version?

av10.jpg

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you just want to argue.

When people see the letter style of the 1611 it is odd and confusing.

You should follow the link provided you and read up on the differences.

No, it seems everyone else wants to argue. I am saying what is the 'so called' big differences' in the KJV of 1611 and that of today? So far it is just spelling. Oh gee, that is really big!

Stranger