Labor To Enter Into What Rest?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Jesus we're fat, sick, and nearly dead now, pay the highest in "health" care costs for the worst outcomes, and believers are all dying of wasting diseases now, I mean when's the last time you heard of a Believer dying peacefully in their sleep?

I suppose you have a point on this one, LoL. I thank God I'm not on any medications.
ah and you don't see how these two statements are mutually exclusive I guess? Are you not slave to a lender, right now? Do you not vote, pay taxes, serve in the military or advocate it, consider yourself a Patriot? I tell you that "the government's" sins will be charged to you ok, as soon as you voluntarily participate in any of that, you reveal where your heart is. And lender slavery will be forwarded as being "ok" right.

Nah, I can't really buy that one, Byrd. The Muslims try to pawn off how evil "Christianity" is, and how we're all a bunch of murderers, because the United States military conducts military operations in their region, which is kinda the same thing. I don't buy that either. Jesus paid taxes, but that didn't mean He was guilty of all of Rome's sins.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I suppose you have a point on this one, LoL. I thank God I'm not on any medications.

Nah, I can't really buy that one, Byrd. The Muslims try to pawn off how evil "Christianity" is, and how we're all a bunch of murderers, because the United States military conducts military operations in their region, which is kinda the same thing. I don't buy that either. Jesus paid taxes, but that didn't mean He was guilty of all of Rome's sins.
Ok, go with that then, and keep your mortgage. Almost no one will condemn this except Christ I guess

D

Dave L

Episkopos said:
I actually do understand the kingdom of God. Here is a question for you....When Satan and his demons are locked up for 1,000 years....who then is the Lord of this world during that time.

My answer ran along these lines; There is no Millennium where Satan and his demons are locked up. They were bound and locked up from deceiving the nations at Christ's first advent. And if we think Satan's binding consists of more that this, we are adding to the book of Revelation.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Episkopos said:
I actually do understand the kingdom of God. Here is a question for you....When Satan and his demons are locked up for 1,000 years....who then is the Lord of this world during that time.

My answer ran along these lines; There is no Millennium where Satan and his demons are locked up. They were bound and locked up from deceiving the nations at Christ's first advent. And if we think Satan's binding consists of more that this, we are adding to the book of Revelation.

Umm . . . Post 147?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Hebrews 4:9, believers in Christ were told that there remains a Sabbath rest unto the people of God, and in v.11 that they were to labor to enter into that rest.

What was it/ is it, and how were they/ are we to labor to enter into it?

Paul answers this question in the same chapter. He doesn't leave us guessing. It is the throne of Grace, vs. 16, with Jesus as our High Priest, and that is now. Granted there are few that find it, thus the diligence/labor. How we enter that rest is first and foremost through repentance of all Sin - the sin nature, unto Jesus, who replaces it with a born again of the Spirit spirit. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ sets us free from the law of sin and death.

As far as your interpretation of the 7th 1000 year period, the Millennium, equating to the Sabbath, I agree. That is confirmed in our missing canonical book of the New Testament, The Epistle of Barnabas, chapter 15. But the Millennium is a separate issue, and not what is being referred to in Hebrews 4. It is the New Covenant of Grace.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidden In Him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. You have answered all of my question about your knowledge on the scriptures even though you only answered two of the four questions.

To help you out I will answer them for you: -

The Son of Man/God is given dominion over the peoples of the earth in the same place and just after the Beasts of Daniel 7:1-10 are judged and as noted in Isaiah 24:21-22 imprisoned for many days before they will be punished in Daniel 7:11-12 in verses 13-14.

Daniel 7:11-14: - 11 "I watched then because of the sound of the pompous words which the horn was speaking; I watched till the beast was slain, and its body destroyed and given to the burning flame. 12 As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.

13 "I was/continued watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.
and,

Isaiah 24:21-22: - 21 It shall come to pass in that day
That the Lord will punish on high the host of exalted ones,
And on the earth the kings of the earth.
22 They will be gathered together,
As prisoners are gathered in the pit,
And will be shut up in the prison;
After many days they will be punished.

The bible is silent on this topic. Revelation 19-20 seems to indicate that Christ "remains" in heaven and exercises His priestly function in conjunction with the saints that have lost their heads because of their faith by leading the worship of God in Heaven.

Jesus told us twice plainly that Satan will have a back up plan for when he is imprisoned for 1,000 years in the Bottomless Pit. He will give the means to continue his purposes here on the earth to his faithful trustworthy servants during the time that he is away.

We treat these two accounts of Satan's plans while he is away in the Bottomless pit as parables because many have not been able to understand the meaning of the information that Christ was giving us in the two recorded accounts of what he was telling us. Satan has cleverly diverted the focus from himself to Christ as having the lead in both accounts, but a careful examination and an understanding of the character of Christ debunks Satan's lies with respect to these accounts.

The answer can be found in these passages: -

Daniel 7:14: - Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom

Daniel 2:35: - 35 Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver, and the gold were crushed together, and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors; the wind carried them away so that no trace of them was found. And the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.

Daniel 2:44-45: - 44 And in the days of these kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever. 45 Inasmuch as you saw that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold - . . .​

What time period is God inferring in these three passages? A time in our near future when God will judge the kings of the earth and their armies at a place called Armageddon. We know that it is in our near future because we have seen the sign of the three foul frog like spirits go out to the whole world to do signs and wonders to draw the kings of the earth to go to Armageddon to do battle on the great day of the Lord when they will be judged.

Shalom
Is Armageddon the treading of the wine press, blood up to the horses bridal?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul answers this question in the same chapter. He doesn't leave us guessing. It is the throne of Grace, vs. 16, with Jesus as our High Priest, and that is now. Granted there are few that find it, thus the diligence/labor. How we enter that rest is first and foremost through repentance of all Sin - the sin nature, unto Jesus, who replaces it with a born again of the Spirit spirit. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ sets us free from the law of sin and death.

Hmmm.. that's a bit of a different take... I've been hoping people would address the apparent connections to the promised land. Any thoughts on that?
As far as your interpretation of the 7th 1000 year period, the Millennium, equating to the Sabbath, I agree. That is confirmed in our missing canonical book of the New Testament, The Epistle of Barnabas, chapter 15.

Well now that's interesting as well. I'm gonna get it out so I can take a look at it in a little while, and thanks. I know Irenaeus taught the same thing.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as your interpretation of the 7th 1000 year period, the Millennium, equating to the Sabbath, I agree. That is confirmed in our missing canonical book of the New Testament, The Epistle of Barnabas, chapter 15.

Good Heavens! Look at that. How clear can you get! Point blank they were saying that the Biblical narrative would be fulfilled in 6,000 years, and I mean POINT BLANK. I wonder how many Preterists know that...

Thanks a lot for this, 1stCenturyLady. I've never noticed it before. I need to read more of the early fathers and less of the late third cousins on my step-father's side, LoL.

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have something to complain about, post it clearly for all to read, and I'll give my best answer.

Oh I just love how you characterize all this! Complain complain! Just get it into the open buddy where everyone can see, no more hiding!

I was just trying to politely direct you to see that you wrote the same response to me as to episkopos, and I was asking about your response to me. You had answered my question with your explaination of what you said to episkopos.

That was all I was trying to do . . .

Don't worry about it. I've lost interest.

Much love!
Mark

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I just love how you characterize all this! Complain complain! Just get it into the open buddy where everyone can see, no more hiding!

I've complained about Dave numerous times but it didn't do any good, so I commend you on your decision not to, LoL.

giphy.gif

Reactions: marks
D

Dave L

I was just trying to politely direct you to see that you wrote the same response to me as to episkopos, and I was asking about your response to me. You had answered my question with your explaination of what you said to episkopos.

That was all I was trying to do . . .

Don't worry about it. I've lost interest.

Much love!
Mark
You should not slander people. Prove you are not by providing documentation.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should not slander people. Prove you are not by providing documentation.
Prove I'm not? Prove a negative? Is that what you are asking me?

Meanwhile, just sling out that word, Slander . . .

Seriously, I'm sorry if I've offended you! The truth of the matter is I didn't understand your post, and was seeking some elaboration from you.

So this is what I receive instead! Oh Joy!

Much love!
Mark

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Prove I'm not? Prove a negative? Is that what you are asking me?

Meanwhile, just sling out that word, Slander . . .

Seriously, I'm sorry if I've offended you! The truth of the matter is I didn't understand your post, and was seeking some elaboration from you.

So this is what I receive instead! Oh Joy!

Much love!
Mark

Dave is trying to be a teacher where he believes that he is here to encourage us to search out the truth for ourselves so that he is not responsible for the outcome.

I usually skim through his posts and if I want to rapidly increase my number of posts, then interacting with him certainly helps to achieve that goal. Otherwise, leave him alone and perhaps he will go away and find another forum to pollute with his words of great wisdom.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm.. that's a bit of a different take... I've been hoping people would address the apparent connections to the promised land. Any thoughts on that?

The promised land was suppose to be a land of milk and honey. In other words an abundant life. John 10:10. But it didn't turn out that way for the children of Israel. They rebelled against God.

Jeremiah 5:3
O Lord, do not Your eyes look for truth? You have smitten them, But they did not weaken; You have consumed them, But they refused to take correction. They have made their faces harder than rock; They have refused to repent.

Now, the "promised land" comes through our repentance. Sorry, true as it is, I don't think Hebrews 4 is saying anything to do with the Millennium, but I could be wrong. Our promised land would be the new heaven and new earth, and only the righteous and holy will inherit it. Revelation 22:11

I'm curious what the earth is going to be like during the Millennium after all the plagues. Personally, I believe only the martyrs will rise during the 1st resurrection, and ordinary Christians and non-believers will rise after the Millennium in the second resurrection. But that is only Revelation talking. Revelation 20:4-6. I haven't compared it with end day verses elsewhere in the NT such as Matthew 24-25; Mark 13, and Luke 21, plus Thessalonians 1st and 2nd.

Last edited: