Labor To Enter Into What Rest?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
The kingdom is here now and God's will being done. But only the born again can see or enter the kingdom.

“But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has already overtaken you.” (Luke 11:20) (NET)

You sound like a Greek. When Paul told them about the unknown God @ Mars Hill they all listened, but when he spoke of a resurrection they shut him down. Why?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You presented only part of the scriptures pertaining to the subject. If you were trying to make a point - you did. That is, that part of the word, is not the whole truth.

I included Galatians 4:19, which is the only verse I could find where it was used in the sense you were leaning towards. Maybe there's another verse you had in mind that I'm not aware of. But it's not a big deal. I just didn't see your point as very well supported by scripture.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its like this

Mat 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

and again

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light

becuase Love, this is His song, serenading men, but being ignored

D

Dave L

You sound like a Greek. When Paul told them about the unknown God @ Mars Hill they all listened, but when he spoke of a resurrection they shut him down. Why?
People hear only what they want to hear?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where's the "sample" proof in scripture?
Elijah....John the Baptist.
Elisha....Jesus.

baptism in water.....baptism in the Spirit.]

The rule goes like....first the natural THEN the spiritual.

1 Cor. 15:46 The spiritual, however, was not first, but the natural, and then the spiritual.

Can you conceive of the idea of the shadow or foreshadow....and then the fulness idea?

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elijah....John the Baptist.
Elisha....Jesus.

baptism in water.....baptism in the Spirit.]

The rule goes like....first the natural THEN the spiritual.

1 Cor. 15:46 The spiritual, however, was not first, but the natural, and then the spiritual.

Can you conceive of the idea of the shadow or foreshadow....and then the fulness idea?

Matthew 11:14
[14] And if ye will receive it , this is Elias, which was for to come.

Reactions: Episkopos

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I included Galatians 4:19, which is the only verse I could find where it was used in the sense you were leaning towards. Maybe there's another verse you had in mind that I'm not aware of. But it's not a big deal. I just didn't see your point as very well supported by scripture.
Of course you don't - you left out the scriptures that tell the whole truth. If you do not see even after I have given you the complete word, it is not a matter of support, but a matter of sight.

D

Dave L

THAT kingdom does not come down from heaven until the next age. But there is a sample state first....when Jesus comes to earth to teach His saints how to rule.
?

Where does scripture say there is a sample of the kingdom you call a millennium?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
here does scripture say there is a sample of the kingdom you call a millennium?
How do they rule?
Who do they rule over?

These are all dealing with the same issue so I'll stack them together for a response.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Rev. 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

The bible us very clear that the saints rule with Christ....they who have a part in the first resurrection. Thrones are given to them to rule over the earth. The saints rule over the survivors among the nations after the great tribulation.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:3-10
[3] Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. [4] Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. [5] Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. [6] Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. [7] Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. [8] Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. [9] Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. [10] Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

How will they rule?

D

Dave L

These are all dealing with the same issue so I'll stack them together for a response.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Rev. 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

The bible us very clear that the saints rule with Christ....they who have a part in the first resurrection. Thrones are given to them to rule over the earth. The saints rule over the survivors among the nations after the great tribulation.
But, Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world. So you do not understand Revelation 20 according to him.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world. So you do not understand Revelation 20 according to him.

Coming soon to a city near you . . .

:)

Jesus said that if His kingdom were of this world, his disciples would fight.

There is a time coming . . .

Revelation 19:11-13
I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

And then, when the Son of Man comes in glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon His throne of glory . . .

Having waged war against His enemies, Then He sits on His throne of glory, to reign over the earth.

Much love!
Mark

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I actually do understand the kingdom of God. Here is a question for you....When Satan and his demons are locked up for 1,000 years....who then is the Lord of this world during that time.

Think carefully.

If Jesus is in our midst physically (in the future) ...and running the show...then the kingdom of God will also be in our midst.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually do understand the kingdom of God. Here is a question for you....When Satan and his demons are locked up for 1,000 years....who then is the Lord of this world during that time.

Think carefully.

If Jesus is in our midst...and running the show...then the kingdom of God is also in our midst.

Do you mean now or yet future 1000 years?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Think carefully.

If Jesus is in our midst physically (in the future) ...and running the show...then the kingdom of God will also be in our midst.
Please note that "(in the future)" was added to the above post which actually changes the original question.

You have made a number of assumptions in your question that need to be answered.

When is the Son of Man/God given dominion over the peoples of the earth?

Does the Son of Man/God have to exercise his dominion over the people of the earth, (which allows people a choice as to whether or not they will worship Him), by being physically present on the face of the earth?

Does Satan have a back up plan for when he is in the Bottomless pit for 1,000 years to continue his influence of darkness over the peoples of the earth during this 1,000 years of his absence?

When does God establish His Everlasting Kingdom here on the earth?

Think carefully

Up and until the time that Satan and his demons are locked up in the Bottomless pit, he had full reign to do as he pleased in competition to God and that he accused the people of not needing or wanting God during the time before he was locked up.

I await with baited breath your response.

PS: - I was going to ignore this thread but a friend, who I have never met from California, post a response to you on another thread that lead me to post the above questions.