• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lake of fire is not Hell.

Wbere do you get this nonsense from...?

Some Bibles, like the KJV and NIV for example, translate Gehenna as 'Hell'...

Matthew 23:15 (KJV)
"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves."

Matthew 23:15 (Berean Literal Bible)
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you traverse the sea and the dry land to make one convert, and whenever it may happen, you make him twofold more a son of Gehenna than yourselves.'

BTW, the phrase 'Son of Gehenna' is just as literal as the phrase 'Son of God', 'Son of Man', 'Son of Perdition', etc.

Gehenna is where we all came from. You see it for yourself. Did Jesus lie? No.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I always wondered what Jesus meant by "born from above".

Jesus said to those who were listening to Him in person, before He was ascended back to Heaven....

"I AM from above, and you are from below".

This is Jesus describing Himself as "God manifested in the Flesh".......and. "The Word WAS God"......and Jesus is the WORD. = John 1

So, pre-incarnate Jesus, is "God manifested in the flesh" later.
See that?

So, that is how Jesus was "the WORD" in Heaven, before He was virgin born as the God man, on earth as God become one of us.

Now, to be born from Above................. remember who is "from above" and you are down here,?

Where is Jesus now?
Hes back up there......
So, when God's Holy Spirit births you, spiritually, as born again, He doing it FROM WHERE?

= ABOVE.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Gehenna is where we all came from. You see it for yourself. Did Jesus lie? No.

You probably came from Gehenna, QuantumBit, as your Theology certainly did.....

I didnt.
Jesus didn't.
The other members here didnt.
That's a fact that only a fool can't understand or believe.

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I AM from above, and you are from below".

The word 'below' is a little more 'below' than most realize...

Psalms 139:15
"My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth."

mhp-0703.png
We are all Children of Gehenna... literally.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The word 'below' is a little more 'below' than most realize...

Was Jesus in Hell when he was on Earth?

So, your Theology is the Capital of nowhere land, according to your next posts.
Its the end result of being set apart from Truth, according to your next posts.
Its like a deranged pipe dream.
Maybe you will wake up. ?

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You probably came from Gehenna, QuantumBit.

We all came from Adam and Eve, therefore we all came from the same place.

You should have more appreciation for your Mom like John did...

Revelation 17:6
"And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration."

ADMIRA'TION, n.: Wonder mingled with pleasing emotions, as approbation, esteem, love or veneration;

Jesus didn't.

Jesus descended into the womb of Mary, the 'lower parts of the Earth'...

Ephesians 4:9
"Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?"

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Ephesians 4:9
"Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?"

Uh huh.

And Bigfoot came from Loch Ness, and they both live on Mars except when they come to you for advice on how to teach the Bible.

Do you feed them well?

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The concept of Hell and the Lake of Fire are simply allegories for Reincarnation. The word 'Hell' means reincarnation...

"...religions with reincarnation usually depict a hell as an intermediary period between incarnations"

Jesus taught reincarnation over and over. It is all throughout the Bible. Everyone is 'told' reincarnation is not Biblical, therefore Christians reject it.

Tophet (the Lake of Fire) is the Goddess Vesta. She is the moment of conception. Christians need to do more research.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because in the end, there will be no more "outside of the kingdom", and God will be all in all. The gates to the City of God never close. See 1 Corinthians 15:24-28 and Revelation 21:25.
That doesn’t make sense to me, but okay. Just by grabbing those few scriptures. Is that something you were taught or something you come to just belief yourself, that would be interesting to see what your answer is?

Im not here to target or beat people up, just curious everyone says no one likes to help other people out, if helping someone out is allowing them to express themselves hopefully by the spirit then by all means, freely share.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The concept of Hell and the Lake of Fire are simply allegories for Reincarnation. The word 'Hell' means reincarnation...

"...religions with reincarnation usually depict a hell as an intermediary period between incarnations"

Jesus taught reincarnation over and over. It is all throughout the Bible. Everyone is 'told' reincarnation is not Biblical, therefore Christians reject it.

Tophet (the Lake of Fire) is the Goddess Vesta. She is the moment of conception. Christians need to do more research.
Thank you for sharing.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone may share what they will on here; just keep in mind not everything is accepted by me with what people may say; they can believe and freely express themselves: hopefully by the spirit to keep us all together in love.

Not everyone’s who post here or post I like : (reflects my views of which are still stated in the original post).

Gonna try to stay off here for a little while and go write or make a video on reading Bible and coook some food.

God bless and may God keep your soul in peace by the lord Jesus.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn’t make sense to me, but okay. Just by grabbing those few scriptures. Is that something you were taught or something you come to just belief yourself, that would be interesting to see what your answer is?

I kinda figured that if God were a psychopath who liked torturing human souls forever and ever, he might be a liar too, so the Bible couldn't be trusted anyway. (Amazing how so many people are okay with God being a monster as long as he's not a liar.) So, I've been studying the relevant verses off and on for about 50 years now. I've learned to look not just at the literal words, but also for the themes and concepts. One of the themes is that in the end, there will be NO sin or evil left. No more Death and Hell. No more Outer Darkness. None. Zip. Nichts. Nada. Non. Only God, light, and His people.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I kinda figured that if God were a psychopath who liked torturing human souls forever and ever, he might be a liar too, so the Bible couldn't be trusted anyway. (Amazing how so many people are okay with God being a monster as long as he's not a liar.) So, I've been studying the relevant verses off and on for about 50 years now. I've learned to look not just at the literal words, but also for the themes and concepts. One of the themes is that in the end, there will be NO sin or evil left. No more Death and Hell. No more Outer Darkness. None. Zip. Nichts. Nada. Non. Only God, light, and His people.
Cool. Thank you for sharing your rational and practical thoughts on what you believe.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think second death means? Does it mean they no longer exist? Could it be dying to their self to realize the truth in Christ that they are dying to their selfishness?
The second death is permanent Matt, so they no longer exist. Jesus' ransom covered our sins once, but not eternally. Those who sin after resurrection, or who survive into the Kingdom will be destroyed permanently. Perhaps you are familiar with Heb 9:27, nice tie in Scripture to help identify what it means.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 15 demonstrates that Jesus never stops looking for the lost sheep. Nobody is lost forever.
You do understand you are basically saying all are saved Pat. That is not true sir. A lost sheep, is certainly not a goat.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The second death is permanent Matt, so they no longer exist. Jesus' ransom covered our sins once, but not eternally. Those who sin after resurrection, or who survive into the Kingdom will be destroyed permanently. Perhaps you are familiar with Heb 9:27, nice tie in Scripture to help identify what it means.
I did ask for your assessment and you gave it. Not gonna dive to deep on it but another question is this.

Why does John the beloved write about people being inside of the kingdom and people being outside of the kingdom in the heavenly realm?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone is always interested in a challenge, @Patrick1966. Sometimes I’ll jump in, but sometimes I don’t wanna climb up a hill where a rock will come back down on me, so just to be straight up front and go in about my business is the best thing I can do.

Sadly, many believe Satan's lie that God tortures his children forever. I try to show them that isn't true.
You do understand you are basically saying all are saved Pat.

Saved from what?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly, many believe Satan's lie that God tortures his children forever. I try to show them that isn't true.
I have friends who believe that he Satan is still around, it’s just maybe lack of faith, and not knowing much of the word and not being taught properly, and that is okay.

All we can do is ask to share a moment of time cause faith comes by hearing and hearing the truth about God will help change their mind by hearing the word.

I know for me I believe what God promised about the crushed or bruised head of Satan in the beginning rendering him useless, and out of the world yet; spiritual forces of this world still work at attacking and raiding the soul, by Harries.

Saved from what?
Saved from what is a very good question.

See there is four types of saved in the Bible.

This is somewhat of a lesson I learned from a teacher; you can check these for yourself of course it depends on if you believe in the total victory of Jesus.

Saved from disease,
Saved from sin,
Saved from wrath (pertaining to the nation at the time)
Saved from going to Hell in that time because Jesus came to overcome it

I guess you could also put saved from Satan, the false prophet, and the beast.

Because of the victory of Christ,

Everyone has been saved from the above.
(I do believe the lake of fire exist today, and people have a part in it but never stay there forever) it’s for unbelievers, who willingly throughout their life rejected ever seeking God in faith by their own choice.

This fire exist either coming from within the kingdom from God, and the Lord is near, or perhaps outside the kingdom, idk for sure. So that Option for them to be able to die to themselves ; in the afterlife will be saved once they realize and go for that truth found in that fire that keeps them away, because of their own choice?

Anyway,

The final kind of saved isn’t saved from.

It is saved to.

Meaning if you or anyone wants to be saved to the kingdom of God can do so. It is by faith in Jesus, and having a life lived having love towards God and love towards others which is something one would do out of love for having been saved to a heavenly kingdom above where you can be a child of God or a son or daughter of God as you continue walking with the Lord, and allow him to work within you through all the mess and guide you towards new heavenly ways and burying the old man, in the grave with Christ. Rising to the new spiritual life in Christ now today, born again, as @Behold loves to remind me about which I am grateful.

Last edited: