• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When it comes to the physical healing of Jesus I see those now today even the blood healing a sign of now spiritual healing, recovering from injuries that have pierced the soul (mind/will/emotion), not to say God can’t help the doctor by the spirit to get a tumor out.

Cause I never see a mentally disordered person recover, when they are signed to be taken care of by hired caregivers.

Praise God those for his Son and what he has been able to do in. Reconciling the world back to God, where now today each individual is responsible for their own selves, when it comes to God.

And the call is to love God and love our neighbor as ourself.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s incorrect to say considering the contents of the Bible, @Behold, but you can say whatever.

God made a personal promise that said he would have head of the devil crushed (rendering him useless)???

Don’t you believe that or is it you haven’t discovered that information?

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're caught between the "Now" and "Not yet", the time where the ends of the ages meet.

Normally I wouldn't give a s*** if somebody has an over-realized eschatology. We're all free to believe what we want to believe, right? But in this case, not recognizing reality for what it is, is harmful.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That’s stupid to say considering the contents of the Bible, @Behold, but you can say whatever.

God made a personal promise that said he would have head of the devil crushed (rendering him useless)???

You think Truth is "stupid".

Id say that a sign of mental illness.

Let me show you another sign of the same..

Its this belief...

"everyone is saved, there is no hell".

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did ask for your assessment and you gave it. Not gonna dive to deep on it but another question is this.

Why does John the beloved write about people being inside of the kingdom and people being outside of the kingdom in the heavenly realm?
I am sorry Matt I am unfamiliar with that teaching, at first I thought you were speaking about Mat 8:12 but you said John penned it. Give me the passage you have in mind and I will be glad to define how I understand it sir.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly, many believe Satan's lie that God tortures his children forever. I try to show them that isn't true.

Saved from what?
You said:
Luke 15 demonstrates that Jesus never stops looking for the lost sheep. Nobody is lost forever.
So what do you mean no one is lost forever Pat? I assumed you meant that everyone is going to be found, which Biblically means saved or receive salvation, correct?

Jesus himself pointed out that the vast majority of mankind will choose the road to destruction. Mat 7:13 Knowing you I believe you believe that as well, so you can see why I am at a loss to understand why you would ask that Pat.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry Matt I am unfamiliar with that teaching, at first I thought you were speaking about Mat 8:12 but you said John penned it. Give me the passage you have in mind and I will be glad to define how I understand it sir.
It’s all on the first post if you wanna go read it. Sometimes reading the material given can be hard so hope it is clear to you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No @Behold. I said what you’d said about God “believe” Satan still around, is incorrect. Considering God promised to have his head crushed. Have you never read that before? But your entitled to believe how you will.

I love you either way,

Just some post not just you come out of left field and it’s like….

What to say… cause people try to “down play my beliefs, that biblically sound” in my opinion but I could be wrong and you could be right.

May we continue to move forward in love though, at least.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're caught between the "Now" and "Not yet", the time where the ends of the ages meet.
For some yes.
Normally I wouldn't give a s*** if somebody has an over-realized eschatology. We're all free to believe what we want to believe, right? But in this case, not recognizing reality for what it is, is harmful.
Yes would agree. Darkness is all around us, as you look in the sky at night, with scattered stars here and there. The beautiful light to shine and truth illuminates the mind.

However, what is truth and what is right?

Ask your father in heaven, in Jesus name.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me it means they have to die again and go into the Lake of Fire because they are so lost and deceived that it is the only way to save them.

The second death is eternal! Once cast into the lake of fire, that is the second death, that death will never end. The one not spared of the second death shall NEVER live again once cast into the eternal flames.

Both eternal life and eternal death once achieved shall be forever. If both are eternal, both are forever. If the second death is not eternal (never ending) then we cannot say eternal life in Christ is never ending.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 15 demonstrates that Jesus never stops looking for the lost sheep. Nobody is lost forever.

If that were true there would be no purpose for the lake of fire that is the second and final death.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @rwb,

I would completely agree with you in merit of the loss of life a person who is resurrected condemned in that way with their God given spiritual body. That would be faithless person, who chose never to have faith, and seek out God, and not love.

When it comes to that second death, Jesus is said to have the keys to death? I believe this even is the second one. With conjecture from John, in revelation he speaks of the lake of fire and people going in there, but never forever.

If it is never forever, I wonder if this fire is coming from God himself and if those outside who practice murder, and lies, who been resurrected in those condemned spiritual bodies, are given freely the offer to come die to themselves? And come to the knowledge of the truth coming to bend one’s knee to Christ, allowing God to save the little good of their final self sacrifices for the love of his son? Could bring them in?

See people are doing that today bringing people into the kingdom, those who do the will of God and seek God, in faith. To love God and to love others, but not everyone is so willingly to accept that God could exist for instance as hard as that is.

God will raise them up to learn truth, that is why, the reconciliation of the world through Christ is important to be realized.

Some people wonder where do people go when they die? Some may say no where, period. But God will show them truth and give the. The condemned body but God only gives good gifts?

Inside or outside the kingdom, would also mean you, me, and some friends could go help others out there?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word eternal can mean “age-long or age-during”.

It’s like man this drug addiction has taken over me, and it’s been forever since being clean.

It only last as long as I make it last there is no excuse for it even using.

In the life risen with Christ, Paul talks about dying to oneself through mortification, so does Jesus by saying pick up your cross and follow me.

Death happens now in this life. Death to the self; and living for God. It’s spiritual life through learning about the things pertaining to God and the Son whom he had sent which builds spiritual treasures in heaven. And rewards God will give you for make the decision to trust him, and to love him and others from the heart, by help from the spirit.

So that is why I think the lake of fire is like a second death to self, as now today you die to self, through admission of following Christ and living by faith and by the spirit compared to the flesh though it is active and alive. And saves the little good left of that soul, individual which allows the Lord to get his will, which is expressed through the Bible.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @rwb,

I would completely agree with you in merit of the loss of life a person who is resurrected condemned in that way with their God given spiritual body. That would be faithless person, who chose never to have faith, and seek out God, and not love.

When it comes to that second death, Jesus is said to have the keys to death? I believe this even is the second one. With conjecture from John, in revelation he speaks of the lake of fire and people going in there, but never forever.

If it is never forever, I wonder if this fire is coming from God himself and if those outside who practice murder, and lies, who been resurrected in those condemned spiritual bodies, are given freely the offer to come die to themselves? And come to the knowledge of the truth coming to bend one’s knee to Christ, allowing God to save the little good of their final self sacrifices for the love of his son? Could bring them in?

See people are doing that today bringing people into the kingdom, those who do the will of God and seek God, in faith. To love God and to love others, but not everyone is so willingly to accept that God could exist for instance as hard as that is.

God will raise them up to learn truth, that is why, the reconciliation of the world through Christ is important to be realized.

Some people wonder where do people go when they die? Some may say no where, period. But God will show them truth and give the. The condemned body but God only gives good gifts?

Inside or outside the kingdom, would also mean you, me, and some friends could go help others out there?

It is because Jesus has the keys to death and hell that through Him we are saved from these enemies now when according to grace through faith we believe. The life we receive through Him is eternal life NOW. And because the life we receive through Him NOW is eternal (never-ending) the second never-ending death has no more power over us. If we don't have part in Christ during this life NOW, then we will die forever in our sins. Without a Savior the second death still holds us in bondage to death, and without hope. To be without God in this earth is to be without hope after all things are made new and both sin and death shall be no more. When one physically dies without faith in Christ they will experience the second death and NEVER live again. How could they be raised to life again since they died without remission of their sins? There is not salvation for the dead! There is only judgment and condemnation in the lake of fire that is the second death.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing, I would agree with what most you said. However like I stated to everyone before @rwb.

Everyone should visit the first post and consider the scripture and not just what I say.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Thank you for sharing, I would agree with what most you said. However like I stated to everyone before @rwb.

Everyone should visit the first post and consider the scripture and not just what I say.

-CS Lewis

“There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, ‘Thy will be done,’ and those to whom God says in the end, ‘Thy will be done.’”

= Heaven or Hell

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word eternal can mean “age-long or age-during”.

It’s like man this drug addiction has taken over me, and it’s been forever since being clean.

It only last as long as I make it last there is no excuse for it even using.

In the life risen with Christ, Paul talks about dying to oneself through mortification, so does Jesus by saying pick up your cross and follow me.

Death happens now in this life. Death to the self; and living for God. It’s spiritual life through learning about the things pertaining to God and the Son whom he had sent which builds spiritual treasures in heaven. And rewards God will give you for make the decision to trust him, and to love him and others from the heart, by help from the spirit.

So that is why I think the lake of fire is like a second death to self, as now today you die to self, through admission of following Christ and living by faith and by the spirit compared to the flesh though it is active and alive. And saves the little good left of that soul, individual which allows the Lord to get his will, which is expressed through the Bible.

ETERNAL -

Strong's Greek Dictionary
166. αἰώνιος aionios (aiṓnios)

Search for G166 in KJVSL; in KJV.

αἰώνιος aiṓnios, ahee-o'-nee-os

from G165; perpetual (also used of past time, or past and future as well):—eternal, for ever, everlasting, world (began).

adjective

Mark 10:30 (KJV) But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Will you argue the life believers shall have in the world to come is not permanent so that you can use this logic trying to prove the second death is not permanent? Only those having faith in the Son of God in life have overcome the second death. To die the second time is to be cast into the fire that shall never be quenched.

We must be overcomers, obtaining eternal life in this age of time or we will not be spared from suffering the second death which is never ending. The lake of fire that is the second death does not preserve the soul. Those cast into the lake of fire are utterly destroyed both body and soul, which is why it is called the second or final, everlasting death.

Revelation 2:11 (KJV) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Matthew 10:28 (KJV) And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

This is why we urgently pray that in this life, through Christ's Spirit in us we shall be sanctified and wholly preserved spirit, soul and body, preserved blamelessly unto the coming of our Lord. Why would Paul pray for our preservation if the second death is not complete and permanent?

1 Thessalonians 5:23 (KJV) And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

“Then He will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.’”