• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@rwb.

Why couldnt people die to themselves in the after life?

Its because of this..

"conformed into the Image of Christ"..

See that..... That is what every born again person is "pre-destined" to become.

Paul says that we will "all be changed" and that is that "conforming into the Image of Christ"
This literally means that all the born again will be exactly like Him.

So, the answer to your question is....>Does Jesus need to die to Himself? And as the born again will be conformed to be just like him.......then neither will they.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if Jesus baptised with holy spirit and fire, snd the fire burns out and away the old person, why cant the lake of fire be the same thing?

You just entirely skip and miss the part where people are outside of the Kingdom, again, its not like they are going to perish if God so wills them to live…

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@rwb.

As a christian you are suppose to die while you are living to yourself - and sin and become alive unto God

If you die to yourself in this life to live for God,

Why couldnt people die to themselves in the after life?

I leave open the room for the possibility of God getting his will.

“Which is to have no perish”

But many people dont care about that will

Just wanna die or see jesus be with them, and fook everyone else thet deserve hellfire and burning alive (psudeo theolo”) in my opinion.

People physically dead cannot die to themselves in this age or the lake of fire.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess if you don’t believe the soul goes on.

From the Bible, I read everyone’s gonna get a resurrected, spiritual body, so I don’t know, they’re gonna have to have some kind of mind, will, emotion. In my opinion.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I imagine a guy who could be paralyzed from the neck down never took move again, but inside can still talk even though he cant talk, could have a lot of hatred toward God, the care taker comes by speaks about God, that man in his situation could die to himself, and live more to God, all while being a paralized man.

Dying to the anger, hatred, greed,

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pushed up

Op

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always wondered what Jesus meant by "born from above". I noticed that when we had a recent thread about it, it turned into such a goat rodeo the mods had to shut it down.
Just sharing my thoughts on what “born from above” means to me. I’ve always thought of it as a place like born down from out of the sky. But now to me it means to come down from above, out from the high seat and to take the lower seat. To me this makes sense in you must come down before lifted up in Christ. New birth? “Born from above” consider humbleness and lowly of heart and how Christ although He possessed everything became poor that we may be rich. His “I am from above” and Him who came down from above born of God so that others may be lifted up in Him. The only way to be lifted up. His lowering himself even unto the death of the cross. Consider that which is high (above God)will be brought down. And that which is brought down (below God)will be raised up in Christ. if you consider the heart of say Paul for example “born from above” in the Fruits of God “Grace given to the lowly” for “God resist the proud” Saul …Grace was given to Paul after his birth of coming down from above. To be made low as Paul said I’ve learned how to be both abased and to abound, to be both hungry and have need and to be full. So now I think “born from above” is the condition of the heart and mind which doesn’t fall out of the sky but bears the fruit of Christ “taking off the old man” and “putting on the new man” which is “born” of a humble spirit and with the lowly of heart.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG