• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then He will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.’”

But this is not the end. Jesus isn't finished, as 1 Corinthians 15 describes.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So all the messengers of the devil, that is whosoever dies in unbelief, shall be cursed and cast into the lake of fire with together with him. To die the second death and never know life again!

Why are Jesus and the holy angels present for this? And why does John mention "sulfur"?

Revelation 14:10
English Standard Version
10 he also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and the sin that condemns us eternally is that of unbelief. From which there shall be no escape for whosoever dies in unbelief, shall be cast into the lake of fire that is the second death, never to know life again.

Revelation 21:8-10
8 and to fearful, and unstedfast, and abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all the liars, their part [is] in the lake that is burning with fire and brimstone, which is a second death.'

9 And there came unto me one of the seven messengers, who have the seven vials that are full of the seven last plagues, and he spake with me, saying, `Come, I will shew thee the bride of the Lamb -- the wife,'

10 and he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and did shew to me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, coming down out of the heaven from God,

John is describing what will occur and in what order, but this is not yet the end.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the end.

1 Corinthians 15:22-28
22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall ALL be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. 24 Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For “God[c] has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. 28 When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in ALL.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last enemy to be destroyed is death. This is the end. God will be in ALL who ever lived. There will be no more dead people.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct however when you say hell is physicle death. Remember that the lake of fire is how we enter hell, resentment is how we build up and enter into anger.

Hell in the New Testament is translated from two Greek words: (1) géenna - defined as ge-henna (or Ge-Hinnom), a valley of Jerusalem, and used (figuratively) as a name for the place (or state) of everlasting punishment (2) háidēs - "Hades" or the place (state) of departed souls: grave, hell.

There is also one more Greek word translated hell found in 2Pe 2:4 which is: tartaróō - this is the place where God cast down angels that sinned, He cast into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment.

After man dies his body is put into the grave (hades), or the place of the physically dead . Even the body of Christ went into hell/grave/tomb but was not left there to decay as mankind shall. From hell/grave every dead human body will be resurrected either to resurrection life, or resurrected to damnation in the lake of fire, that is the second death for them.

John 5:28-29 (KJV) Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

We don't enter hell through the lake of fire, we are cast into the lake of fire from hell if we died in unbelief or as written "have done evil".

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the end.

1 Corinthians 15:22-28
22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall ALL be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. 24 Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For “God[c] has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. 28 When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in ALL.

Exactly! ALL who are IN CHRIST shall be made alive, just as ALL who are in Adam die. Only those who belong to Christ will be with Christ at His coming again. Then comes the end! No more time, time shall be no more. No time for getting right with God after physical death or after He comes again.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last enemy to be destroyed is death. This is the end. God will be in ALL who ever lived. There will be no more dead people.

Yes, once physical death and the grave that holds them are destroyed in the lake of fire that is the second death then comes the end and then comes the next eternal age on the new earth where there shall be no more sin or death.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly! ALL who are IN CHRIST shall be made alive, just as ALL who are in Adam die. Only those who belong to Christ will be with Christ at His coming again. Then comes the end! No more time, time shall be no more. No time for getting right with God after physical death or after He comes again.

Ok brother. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, and the sin that condemns us eternally is that of unbelief. From which there shall be no escape for whosoever dies in unbelief, shall be cast into the lake of fire that is the second death, never to know life again.
I dont need to refer to scripture nor do I need you to agree with me. You can think what you please. Also Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with belief. Truth does not require belief, its fact. Faith does not mean belief either.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what it says or means my brother.

If we are not found IN CHRIST we shall not be saved! Humanity is without excuse because ALL mankind is in Adam before he/she believes in Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:22 (KJV) For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are not found IN CHRIST we shall not be saved! Humanity is without excuse because ALL mankind is in Adam before he/she believes in Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:22 (KJV) For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Thanks brother. God bless you.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont need to refer to scripture nor do I need you to agree with me. You can think what you please. Also Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with belief. Truth does not require belief, its fact. Faith does not mean belief either.

This is a new one for me! "Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with belief"???? "Truth does not require belief, its fact". Yes, truth is indeed fact. If one lives and dies without believing the truth, that is fact of salvation found Christ alone by God's grace alone through faith (believing) alone then one does not have truth. Faith is a noun defined moral conviction, we can call truth or the Gospel. Believing is a verb which is what man MUST do with faith received according to grace when man hears the Gospel and turns to Christ for salvation.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hell in the New Testament is translated from two Greek words: (1) géenna - defined as ge-henna (or Ge-Hinnom), a valley of Jerusalem, and used (figuratively) as a name for the place (or state) of everlasting punishment (2) háidēs - "Hades" or the place (state) of departed souls: grave, hell.

There is also one more Greek word translated hell found in 2Pe 2:4 which is: tartaróō - this is the place where God cast down angels that sinned, He cast into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment.

After man dies his body is put into the grave (hades), or the place of the physically dead . Even the body of Christ went into hell/grave/tomb but was not left there to decay as mankind shall. From hell/grave every dead human body will be resurrected either to resurrection life, or resurrected to damnation in the lake of fire, that is the second death for them.

John 5:28-29 (KJV) Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

We don't enter hell through the lake of fire, we are cast into the lake of fire from hell if we died in unbelief or as written "have done evil".
Once again, the underworld and the darkness is the place of Gods judgment. Judgment does not happen in hell. You have your facts wrong. Egyptian, Greek, Christian all have a depiction of the underworld and its all the same thing. Its where we are judged. It is not hell.

Even in the old hurculies cartoon movie hades had blue fire because its the colour of water.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, the underworld and the darkness is the place of Gods judgment. Judgment does not happen in hell. You have your facts wrong. Egyptian, Greek, Christian all have a depiction of the underworld and its all the same thing. Its where we are judged. It is not hell.

Even in the old hurculies cartoon movie hades had blue fire because its the colour of water.

It appears you get your doctrinal understanding just about anywhere but the Bible, because here again you offer opinion without supporting Scripture. Judgment happens at the great white throne, and the lake of fire the consequence of what is found written of the dead standing before God there.

Revelation 20:11-15 (KJV) And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
For the "no-hellers" "Cult"

Did you never read the parable of the "rich man in Hell".
You should read it.
Take note that He isn't told....>"just hold on.......it's going to be alright,...we're going to let you out in a few more thousand years".

= Instead, He begs to have his family told about it, so that they dont end up there".

There is NO 2nd Chance IN HELL.
You can not be born again in Hell.
Everyone in Hell, now believes in Jesus with all their heart, and it didnt help them at all, today, and never will.

Reactions: rwb

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@rwb.

As a christian you are suppose to die while you are living to yourself - and sin and become alive unto God

If you die to yourself in this life to live for God,

Why couldnt people die to themselves in the after life?

I leave open the room for the possibility of God getting his will.

“Which is to have no perish”

But many people dont care about that will

Just wanna die or see jesus be with them, and fook everyone else thet deserve hellfire and burning alive (psudeo theolo”) in my opinion.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People claim that they have the ability to know for certain

that in the end souls are dead, and there is no second chances.

That second death could be the second chance to die to the self.

But its up to you to decide for yourself between you and God.

Me and God have no qualms on what i personally belief by faith but human beings do. Good grace God gives.

And I would say we ultimately dont know anything 100% until we get there but we have 5% of a glance by Gods revelation to John.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You also gotta think @rwb the scripture of destroying the body and soul in hell, sure but that doesnt mean they are utterly obliterated. God can ruin the body and soul; but who was the chooser who decide to go against him in non faith? Even those in faith; everyone went to hell.

But hell has been done away with now; but not many people truly believe Jesus came back and had victory.

So there is a difference between how i see things compared to those who are ridged with “trying to make hills out of nothing”, at least in my opinin.