Last days are here today! Are you ready to meet Jesus in the clouds??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read again! ==Hey! Those that reject and do not expect to be raptured will be left behind. Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and """unto them that look for him""" shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read again! ==Hey! Those that reject and do not expect to be raptured will be left behind. Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and """unto them that look for him""" shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

I agree that those who *reject* Christ's Coming, whether it is on the so-called "1st flight" or "2nd flight," will be left *out of the Kingdom.* But I will *not* say they will be "Left Behind" in the so-called "Great Tribulation." That statement is predicated on belief in a Pretribulation Rapture, which I *do not believe* is biblical!

So I have indeed read it very well now. Is there anything more you wish to add? I am getting older, and don't see everything as much as I used to.

The "2nd time" he appears will not be in a "2 Stage" process, a Coming only to the clouds, and then finally, a coming to earth. There is a single "2nd Coming" in which Christ descends *from heaven,* which infers a coming to the earth. The 1st Coming was Jesus' earthly ministry.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt that Jesus has appeared the first time to many people awaiting his second appearance. The word "rapture" is not used in that verse, by the way.

Do you know how to read that passage? People were looking for him to return when that book was written; but you interpret it to mean Jesus never appeared to them a "second time." I tell you he did return for them. It just wasn't the way you expect. He came for Stephen before he died; and he came for John while John was still alive.

Reactions: bbyrd009

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that those who *reject* Christ's Coming, whether it is on the so-called "1st flight" or "2nd flight," will be left *out of the Kingdom.* But I will *not* say they will be "Left Behind" in the so-called "Great Tribulation." That statement is predicated on belief in a Pretribulation Rapture, which I *do not believe* is biblical!

So I have indeed read it very well now. Is there anything more you wish to add? I am getting older, and don't see everything as much as I used to.

The "2nd time" he appears will not be in a "2 Stage" process, a Coming only to the clouds, and then finally, a coming to earth. There is a single "2nd Coming" in which Christ descends *from heaven,* which infers a coming to the earth. The 1st Coming was Jesus' earthly ministry.

Again you are free to reject the rapture and be left behind.==Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and """unto them that look for him""" shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I doubt that Jesus has appeared the first time to many people awaiting his second appearance. The word "rapture" is not used in that verse, by the way.

Do you know how to read that passage? People were looking for him to return when that book was written; but you interpret it to mean Jesus never appeared to them a "second time." I tell you he did return for them. It just wasn't the way you expect. He came for Stephen before he died; and he came for John while John was still alive.
1 Cor. 11.26 refers to His coming in connection with how He is remembered in the Lord's Supper; but meanwhile we by His grace seek to serve Him as He gives strength; a lot of speculation and hype would be useless.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again you are free to reject the rapture and be left behind.==Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and """unto them that look for him""" shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation

I don't believe *anybody* will be *left behind* following a Pretrib Rapture. You're free to talk about your own fate, brother.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last days are here? Again?

Actually yes, if you think about it. In Jesus' day, the Apostle John declared that it was the "last hour." That means it was, in a sense, the "last days" in his own time, 2000 years ago! That's a long time to have the "last days," although he meant it in a different sense than we mean it today.

John meant that once Messiah had died on the cross, the path to eternal life had been opened up, and rejection of that determined the eternal fate of all men. It was, for all intents and purposes, the "last days." And yes, this kind of "last days" has been going on all through the NT period, as men and nations determine their own eternal fate.

Today, however, we talk about the "last days" in the sense of the *last* of the last days. In other words, we're talking about eschatological truth.

And we're definitely entering into that time period. I believe the fate of Russia and of the United States hangs in the balance today--2 extremes of both halves of the old Roman Empire. When they come under final judgment, we are definitely in the "last days."

Not just that but Europe has broken up into the "10 toes" of Nebuchadnezzar's "great image." And soon Antichrist will come to unite them under his own Antichristian purpose, to establish a world apart from the authority of Christianity. Then we know we are in an actual countdown to the end.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Last days are here today! Are you ready to meet Jesus in the clouds??
Jesus is telling the generation that sees all the signs He named would not die before His return. PTL. We are that generation. We are seeing the signs Jesus named Israel became a nation again after 2000 years May 15,1948 and the Jews are being brought back to their homeland Israel and the Jewish people regained control of Jerusalem July 1967 and we see the HUGE increase of man's knowledge and travel Bible prophecy talks about and the huge increase of big 6.0 + earthquakes and volcano eruptions worldwide, sink holes and the signs in the heavens=blood moons and weather changes, plague, pestilence!! Get ready to meet Jesus!!!
Sounds good to me but I will leave all the speculation about timing up to Him as he is the ONLY ONE who knows the date of his return.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
NO! You DON'T have to wait and see. We can find out RIGHT NOW so that when that day comes YOU WON"T BE CAUGHT BY SURPRISE!

1 Thess. 5:2 For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

Unfortunately most people would rather be ignorant than informed. It seems that their "beliefs" (i.e., comfort zone/safe zone) are more important than what Scripture says, and they'd rather stop their ears and run away, than have a Scripturally Based discussion.

I guess that's what "christians" do.
Bobby Jo

The parable of the lamps and their oil is the most important one. Five were ready and five were not. So the question is what do we need to do to be ready. He could return tomorrow, next week, next month, next year next century etc.

To tell you the truth I have never heard a sermon about what we need to do to be ready only that we need to be ready. What we need to do is missed out on as the speaker probably does not know.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually yes, if you think about it. In Jesus' day, the Apostle John declared that it was the "last hour." That means it was, in a sense, the "last days" in his own time, 2000 years ago! That's a long time to have the "last days," although he meant it in a different sense than we mean it today.

John meant that once Messiah had died on the cross, the path to eternal life had been opened up, and rejection of that determined the eternal fate of all men. It was, for all intents and purposes, the "last days." And yes, this kind of "last days" has been going on all through the NT period, as men and nations determine their own eternal fate.

Today, however, we talk about the "last days" in the sense of the *last* of the last days. In other words, we're talking about eschatological truth.

And we're definitely entering into that time period. I believe the fate of Russia and of the United States hangs in the balance today--2 extremes of both halves of the old Roman Empire. When they come under final judgment, we are definitely in the "last days."

Not just that but Europe has broken up into the "10 toes" of Nebuchadnezzar's "great image." And soon Antichrist will come to unite them under his own Antichristian purpose, to establish a world apart from the authority of Christianity. Then we know we are in an actual countdown to the end.
In my opinion, you reduce the phrase to something meaningless.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
did you saying we, talking about truth? hmm
And we're definitely entering into that time period.
definitely, huh? So funny that you would say that...
hmm, but what if the Christian authority is the antichristian purpose? Then the end will come, when He hands over the kingdom to Yah after He has destroyed all rulers, and powers and authority
imo at least consider that maybe, as a possibility

Last edited:
Reactions: Giuliano

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When Daniel interpreted the dream to the king, he did not say an antichrist will unite the toes. Daniel said a rock, the rock of Jesus upon which the church was founded would break apart the ten toes, never to be restored. This attempt to think there is a restoration by a religious political figure in the later part of Daniel can not be used to contradict the very first dream. The desolation was done by one Greek king, and that "healed" Greek king will be the same false prophet through Satan's ability to amaze the whole world during the tribulation. But it will not restore Daniel's image. It will be the whole world and all nations, even the US coming against Israel. The church will be gone, which may be the majority of the strength of the US. No one knows how many or who living in the US who are actually a part of the body of Christ. If you reject Paul and the teaching of how the dead in Christ meet those alive in Christ in the air, in sight of the whole world, then you will not be prepared when it happens. You will be as shocked as all the rest of the believers.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
hmm, wouldn't the "believers" be the ones not being shocked at that?
maybe i'm misconscrewing though?
the dead in Christ meet those alive in Christ in the air
hmm and the clouds, dont forget them clouds eh
in sight of the whole world
cant find that part, sorry?

Reactions: Giuliano

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm, wouldn't the "believers" be the ones not being shocked at that?
maybe i'm misconscrewing though?
hmm and the clouds, dont forget them clouds eh
cant find that part, sorry?
This is John's version of the event: Revelation 6:9-17
9 When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been put to death for proclaiming the Word of God, that is, for bearing witness.
10 They cried out in a loud voice, “Sovereign Ruler, HaKadosh, the True One, how long will it be before you judge the people living on earth and avenge our blood?”
11 Each of them was given a white robe; and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow-servants should be reached, of their brothers who would be killed, just as they had been.

12 Then I watched as he broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake, the sun turned black as sackcloth worn in mourning, and the full moon became blood-red.
13 The stars fell from heaven to earth just as a fig tree drops its figs when shaken by a strong wind.
14 The sky receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved from its place.
15 Then the earth’s kings, the rulers, the generals, the rich and the mighty — indeed, everyone, slave and free — hid himself in caves and among the rocks in the mountains,
16 and said to the mountains and rocks,Fall on us, and hide us from the face of the One sitting on the throne and from the fury of the Lamb!
17 For the Great Day of their fury has come, and who can stand?”

This is not the Second Coming, that happens with the 7th Trumpet. This is before the 7th seal, and the first trumpet. Rightly dividing is God's wisdom, not ramming all the signs into one singularity, man's wisdom.

When this happens the Jews are going to start doubting all they have known the last 2000 years. Jews know in their heart, who their God is, even those athiestic ones who have denied the Messiah of the church. John says that God on the throne will be there. But even as on mount Sinai, like their forefathers, they may even turn to "idols" in the very presence of God. That is when God sends 144,000 Jewish males, all alive at this moment, to go throughout the world and witness one on one to their Jewish family. The trumpets are the judgments sent to the house of Israel. This prepares the Jews for the thunderings against the Nations in preparing the nations to come against the Land of Palestine. All these things have to happen before the Second Coming.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This is John's version of the event: Revelation 6:9-17
it is?

This is not the Second Coming, that happens with the 7th Trumpet. This is before the 7th seal, and the first trumpet
ah ok

Rightly dividing is God's wisdom, not ramming all the signs into one singularity, man's wisdom.
hmm
All these things have to happen before the Second Coming.
you reckon?
seems we are easily drawn into divining without maybe realizing it, i guess