Let it begin with me...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I tried to post this on the prayer wall... but it was rejected therefore I am placing it in general discussions... Please move it if needed.

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
- St. Francis of Assisi

I received a challenge today from someone who suggested that the problem that I have been seeing... feeling... is not just something that others are causing... I am causing it also... every time I choose to defend myself from someone in an aggressive way...or I just can't help but get that last word in because I have DEEMED someone as a know-it-all... and I want to prove a point... I am choosing to act in an UNGODLY manner when I do this... the very same manner that I am accusing others of acting... What an epiphany... and perhaps more so a humbling.

Someone suggested that the most wonderful and powerful way to conquer a problem is to PRAY.... SO.... I have accepted this challenge... to pray for those in these forums and especially for those who are hurting... angry... scared... and/or deeply disappointed with how things have turned out in their lives/their country.

I would like to take this time to publicly and most sincerely apologize to everyone I have come against in these last weeks. I am very tired and have been on DEFENSE mode for far too long.

I especially need to apologize to you @Enoch111.... I have been most up in arms with you... and there has been no call for it... I am not your enemy...I am your sister in Christ... whether you want to accept that or not... however.. I have not treated you well... and for that I am very sorry.

I am going to begin to pray on a daily basis.. in a real way...for my brothers and sisters in Christ... I should have done this a long time ago... but I didn't... I am going to begin to pray for restoration and healing for all members here... and I will continue to do this for the duration of my time here.

I am asking others to join me in this very important challenge that was presented to me... We need to begin to come together as the BROTHERS and SISTERS we are in CHRIST. WE need to begin to heal our broken hearts and shattered dreams... and scripture tells us that where two or three are gathered in His Name... HE will surely hear our prayers.

So... let it begin with ME.

Heavenly Father... I humbly come before you with a repentant heart... a very sad heart... a heart that FEELS so much of the pain that is around me at this time... and a pain that I have contributed to with my stubbornness and sometimes cruel words.... I ask for your forgiveness regarding my defensive attitude... and I ask that you would begin to bring forth HEALING to your children who are deeply hurting at this time. Turn our hearts towards your heart... Help us to see each other as you see us... Help us to forgive... and teach us how to truly love each other. In Jesus Precious Name I pray.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tried to post this on the prayer wall... but it was rejected therefore I am placing it in general discussions... Please move it if needed.

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
- St. Francis of Assisi

I received a challenge today from someone who suggested that the problem that I have been seeing... feeling... is not just something that others are causing... I am causing it also... every time I choose to defend myself from someone in an aggressive way...or I just can't help but get that last word in because I have DEEMED someone as a know-it-all... and I want to prove a point... I am choosing to act in an UNGODLY manner when I do this... the very same manner that I am accusing others of acting... What an epiphany... and perhaps more so a humbling.

Someone suggested that the most wonderful and powerful way to conquer a problem is to PRAY.... SO.... I have accepted this challenge... to pray for those in these forums and especially for those who are hurting... angry... scared... and/or deeply disappointed with how things have turned out in their lives/their country.

I would like to take this time to publicly and most sincerely apologize to everyone I have come against in these last weeks. I am very tired and have been on DEFENSE mode for far too long.

I especially need to apologize to you @Enoch111.... I have been most up in arms with you... and there has been no call for it... I am not your enemy...I am your sister in Christ... whether you want to accept that or not... however.. I have not treated you well... and for that I am very sorry.

I am going to begin to pray on a daily basis.. in a real way...for my brothers and sisters in Christ... I should have done this a long time ago... but I didn't... I am going to begin to pray for restoration and healing for all members here... and I will continue to do this for the duration of my time here.

I am asking others to join me in this very important challenge that was presented to me... We need to begin to come together as the BROTHERS and SISTERS we are in CHRIST. WE need to begin to heal our broken hearts and shattered dreams... and scripture tells us that where two or three are gathered in His Name... HE will surely hear our prayers.

So... let it begin with ME.

Heavenly Father... I humbly come before you with a repentant heart... a very sad heart... a heart that FEELS so much of the pain that is around me at this time... and a pain that I have contributed to with my stubbornness and sometimes cruel words.... I ask for your forgiveness regarding my defensive attitude... and I ask that you would begin to bring forth HEALING to your children who are deeply hurting at this time. Turn our hearts towards your heart... Help us to see each other as you see us... Help us to forgive... and teach us how to truly love each other. In Jesus Precious Name I pray.
...AMEN! Beautiful and I love that you have the humility to ay the things you did sister! I too pray for this site daily as, it is my fellowship, my church!!
ALL in His Name!