Life Out Of Death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Jesus Dave. I'm reading 'literal death' there, that is what you mean? You are convinced Jesus came for Death More Abundantly? Could you post when a believer is supposed to "die" pls, ty
“For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.” (Philippians 1:23–24) (KJV 1900)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
God tested him on our behalf under the best conditions, so in Adam we are proven to be a corrupt species.
Ergo God makes corruption now, lol. This pov goes along with "Fall" ok, which you also cannot Quote, go ahead and try. As an illustration, a teenager who cannot go to a kegger bc dad found out has suffered a similar Fall, I guess. Adam did ezackly what he was programmed to do, and God made absolutely no mistakes in creating our species, honest.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
“For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.” (Philippians 1:23–24) (KJV 1900)
Note that just like the "absent from the body" passage, no actual statement of truth is made there, Dave. IOW you are drawing the inference you wish to be true imo, not the inference the passage intends. And exactly the inference the passage intends, also. Thing is, I know you are a good heart already. Please go to your pastor and ask him what that is he was saying while you were under water ok, do a little (hopefully) review pls, and find the one-eyed death bro

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Christ did on the cross is a spirit-ual act to crucify the sin-nature. All in Adam have the sin nature, all in the second Adam do not have a sin nature they have the nature of God which is in Christ, to simple but hidden from the minds of the wise and prudent.

Why do we sin still as Christians...

First of all...Christian, a word standing alone, does not Expressly mean, a man Saved or Born Again.

The Correct Term for a man "Saved and Born again".... IS CONVERTED.

The Correct Term for a man "Saved and Born again IN CHRIST....
IS a "Converted Christian".

So, you wonder WHY DO "Christians" "STILL" sin?

I would say, BECAUSE they are NOT Converted in Christ.

Because the mind is not compatible with the new life, the new Christ in you nature

Here you IMPLY, you ARE speaking of a "CONVERTED CHRISTIAN"....
A man "CONVERTED IN CHRIST"...

A man according to you....who was able "TO BECOME" converted by and through Jesus' ACT..of crucifying the SIN-nature of a man.

WHAT CHIRST DID on the cross is a spirit-ual act to crucify the sin-nature.

Then you IMMEDIATELY reveal...according to your own words.......
A man Having BECOME CONVERTED...
IS FALSE CONVERSION...by your own words..

You say...Christ's ACT of crucifying the SIN NATURE...FAILED...and the MAN himself "continues" TO SIN.

Then you say...THE EXCUSE...for Christ's Crucifixion having FAILED...IS...Because of the mans MIND.

THAT my friend IS WORLDLY TEACHING!

Christ's ACT of crucifixion OF HIS BODY, is AN OFFERING, that ANY MAN can ACCEPT, and THUS, the ACCePTANCE of Christ's ACT, becomes APPILIED TO, the mans OWN BODY.

ANY man WHO, ACCEPTS Christ's OFFERING,
RECEIVES, THE SEED OF GOD.....AND IS "NO LONGER" ....."ABEL TO COMMIT SIN."

In essence, You are MAKING a mans MIND, more POWERFUL, than Gods SPIRIT, within the man.

You are teaching, a Contradiction TO Scripture... I disagree with your teaching.

1 John 3:9
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

D

Dave L

Note that just like the "absent from the body" passage, no actual statement of truth is made there, Dave. IOW you are drawing the inference you wish to be true imo, not the inference the passage intends. And exactly the inference the passage intends, also. Thing is, I know you are a good heart already. Please go to your pastor and ask him what that is he was saying while you were under water ok, do a little (hopefully) review pls, and find the one-eyed death bro
If sin merits equal punishment, sinners who live longer merit more severe punishment.

D

Dave L

Ergo God makes corruption now, lol. This pov goes along with "Fall" ok, which you also cannot Quote, go ahead and try. As an illustration, a teenager who cannot go to a kegger bc dad found out has suffered a similar Fall, I guess. Adam did ezackly what he was programmed to do, and God made absolutely no mistakes in creating our species, honest.
“And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.” (Genesis 1:31) (KJV 1900)

“I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.” (Isaiah 45:7) (KJV 1900)

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can one who is in hell be in more or less hell based on the number of sins they had committed? I think I am understanding you as suggesting there are different levels of hell?
my thoughts also i have read and heard some say there are degrees of hell..BUT eternal separation is eternal separation ..so i to would like to know how death for a sinner is a blessing

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
less sin = less punishment.
how so ???????

sin is sin
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
“And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.” (Genesis 1:31) (KJV 1900)

“I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.” (Isaiah 45:7) (KJV 1900)
:rolleyes: ok, ty

D

Dave L

how so ???????

sin is sin
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
The bible teaches various degrees of punishment.

The people of Nineveh will rise in the judgment against this generation and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here. The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment against this generation and condemn it, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and indeed a greater than Solomon is here (Matthew 12:41,42).

Jesus answered, "You would have no power over Me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed Me over to you is guilty of a greater sin" (John 19:11).

That slave who knew what his master wanted, but did not prepare himself or do what was wanted, will receive a severe beating. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more (Luke 12:47,48).

All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) This will take place on the Day when God will judge the secrets of humanity through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares (Romans 2:12-16).

How much worse punishment do you think will be deserved by those who have spurned the Son of God, profaned the blood of the covenant by which they were sanctified, and outraged the Spirit of grace? (Hebrews 10:29).

Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly (James 3:1).

D

Dave L

yes, I realize you are not really conversing with me, ok. The subject was "when do you die," and you do not know the correct answer Dave, wadr
The bible teaches various degrees of punishment.

The people of Nineveh will rise in the judgment against this generation and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here. The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment against this generation and condemn it, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and indeed a greater than Solomon is here (Matthew 12:41,42).

Jesus answered, "You would have no power over Me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed Me over to you is guilty of a greater sin" (John 19:11).

That slave who knew what his master wanted, but did not prepare himself or do what was wanted, will receive a severe beating. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more (Luke 12:47,48).

All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) This will take place on the Day when God will judge the secrets of humanity through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares (Romans 2:12-16).

How much worse punishment do you think will be deserved by those who have spurned the Son of God, profaned the blood of the covenant by which they were sanctified, and outraged the Spirit of grace? (Hebrews 10:29).

Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly (James 3:1).