Life's struggles

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

elmo

Sep 19, 2007
Day after day I try to convince myselfthat I've done nothing wrongbut deep down in the depths of my heartI knowbeyond the shadow of a doubtthat I'm completelyout of lineand what hurts more isthat God knows tooyet when I open my mouthto confess itmy heart wants to shut downand pretend that it wasn't listening.If there were a way to trick my heart into unconditional obedienceit would crossed my mindfor there's no room to containthe thoughts of the mind unless they have found rest on good soilyet the taming of the heartlies in the convictions of thespirit.

cedarhart

When good men do nothing, evil will triumph.Take a
Nov 17, 2008
Matthew 7:16 "Ye shall know them by their fruits...." With eyes to see, ears to hear, and a mind to think, we will know others by their fruit. If the fruit is fresh on the branches of a steadfast tree, it will stay there, hanging for all to admire the character thereof. If the fruit has spoilt due to the tree having been improperly fed, it will fall below, lost and forlorn. Elmo, Change your diet.

GeneralJ

Oct 20, 2008
QUOTE (elmo @ Dec 31 2008, 03:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=66877
Day after day I try to convince myselfthat I've done nothing wrongbut deep down in the depths of my heartI knowbeyond the shadow of a doubtthat I'm completelyout of lineand what hurts more isthat God knows tooyet when I open my mouthto confess itmy heart wants to shut downand pretend that it wasn't listening.If there were a way to trick my heart into unconditional obedienceit would crossed my mindfor there's no room to containthe thoughts of the mind unless they have found rest on good soilyet the taming of the heartlies in the convictions of thespirit.
A poem God blessed me with on such an even;Though failure stains this child’s heartAnd hands err wickedly,Each night I wonder at my cupHe’s filled with tender mercy.Grace in double portionsAre heaped upon my plate,He sits and waits to dine with me,Though often I am late.Though rebellious child that I amHis love has holden tight,His wounds are faithfully deliveredHis correction my delight.Though stripes come often with my error,And through the night they burn,His tender love applied with mercyLulls my wicked heart to turn.The testimony of the true Child of God is saturated, even branded, with mercy, with grace. That is indeed how we know we have the same Father. This mercy and grace of which you and I testify of is a fountain we cannot contain. In great humility it keeps us, causes us to love all the more, and drives us to search out the lost. Every thing God has done was out of his love for us. It’s impossible to wrap our understanding around such an infinite truth. So we eat our bread in humility in light of such knowledge. Or at least we should.