list these events in sequence order

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please list in sequence order these events. Beginning with the first to the last. I have placed them in order as I believe correct.

the Ezekiel 38-39 Gog/Magog event
the great tribulation
the Armageddon event
the Second Coming of Jesus
the 1000 year millennium
Satan's short period to once again deceive the nations

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please list in sequence order these events. Beginning with the first to the last. I have placed them in order as I believe correct.

the great tribulation
the Armageddon event
the 1000 year millennium
Let's call "the great tribulation" the "reign of Antichrist?" I say that because I personally use the term "great tribulation" differently than you do, indicating the Jewish Diaspora of the NT age.

If so, then I would say that you have everything right with the exception that I don't know when the Gog event will take place? It may be the same event as Armageddon for all I know? This is a question I've long had, and I'm certainly asking God to figure it out.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

the great tribulation
the Armageddon event
the 1000 year millennium
The war in Ezekiel 39 was fought long ago with "Wooden" weapons, bows, arrows, spears, and shields, the battle seen isn't "Future" as you falsely claim

Ezekiel 39:9KJV
9 And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:

There won't be a future millennial kingdom on this earth for 1,000 years as you continue to claim, Jesus returns in fire and final judgement (The End)

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Reactions: DavidTaylor

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Douggg this is the order that I would put your list in.

the Armageddon event
the 1000 year millennium
the great tribulation

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Douggg this is the order that I would put your list in.

the Armageddon event
the 1000 year millennium
the great tribulation
Hi Jay, I just posted a new thread on "the reason for gathering at Armageddon", if you want to participate in that thread.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

the great tribulation
the Armageddon event
the 1000 year millennium

1. the great tribulation
2. the Second Coming of Jesus
3. the 1000 year millennium
4. Satan's short period to once again deceive the nations
5. the Ezekiel 38-39 Gog/Magog event
6. the Armageddon event

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's call "the great tribulation" the "reign of Antichrist?" I say that because I personally use the term "great tribulation" differently than you do, indicating the Jewish Diaspora of the NT age.

If so, then I would say that you have everything right with the exception that I don't know when the Gog event will take place? It may be the same event as Armageddon for all I know? This is a question I've long had, and I'm certainly asking God to figure it out.
Hi Randy,

In Matthew 24:15-21, the great tribulation is triggered when the abomination of desolation is standing in the holy place.

In Matthew 24:15, Jesus began by saying...

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand : )

So when we go to Daniel 12:9-12 we find that at the time of the end, the abomination of desolation will be "set up". And two timeframes of 1290 days and 1335 days are given.

The 1290 days, imo, are from when the abomination of desolation is "set up" until the world sees the sign of the Son of man in heaven, Matthew 24:30a.

The 1335 days, imo, are from when the abomination of desolation is "set up" until Jesus's Second Coming in Matthew 24:30b.

In the 45 day period in between the sign of the Son of man in heaven and Jesus's Second Coming, the kings of the earth will gather their armies at Armageddon to prepare to make war on Jesus - to keep Him from executing judgment on them.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Randy,

In Matthew 24:15-21, the great tribulation is triggered when the abomination of desolation is standing in the holy place.

In Matthew 24:15, Jesus began by saying...

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand : )

So when we go to Daniel 12:9-12 we find that at the time of the end, the abomination of desolation will be "set up". And two timeframes of 1290 days and 1335 days are given.

The 1290 days, imo, are from when the abomination of desolation is "set up" until the world sees the sign of the Son of man in heaven, Matthew 24:30a.

The 1335 days, imo, are from when the abomination of desolation is "set up" until Jesus's Second Coming in Matthew 24:30b.

In the 45 day period in between the sign of the Son of man in heaven and Jesus's Second Coming, the kings of the earth will gather their armies at Armageddon to prepare to make war on Jesus - to keep Him from executing judgment on them.
We talk to so many different people that we forget what each other has said they believe. ;)
You certainly aren't being persuaded by me to accept my view, but for what it's worth here's what I believe again.
1) The "Great Tribulation" is the Jewish Diaspora of the NT age.
2) The Abomination of Desolation is the Roman Army 66-70 AD.
3) The 1290 and 1335 days have to do with the death and after math of Antiochus 4 in the time before Christ.

I don't blame you for coming up with a different view. I've held to many of these views. What I believe now is different from how I've seen it in the past. ;) Take care....

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Douggg @Jay Ross I am well aware you will dismiss the following statement as irrelevant or erroneous, nevertheless this is my view; you are both paddling around in a muddy puddle hoping to find clear water.....and why is that I might ask? ...because you have not understood the key nor made Jesus the primary factor for interpretation....the chances are you don't know how this key is used or why it is used or its relevance.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Douggg @Jay Ross I am well aware you will dismiss the following statement as irrelevant or erroneous, nevertheless this is my view; you are both paddling around in a muddy puddle hoping to find clear water.....and why is that I might ask? ...because you have not understood the key nor made Jesus the primary factor for interpretation....the chances are you don't know how this key is used or why it is used or its relevance.
Hi quietthinker,

You wrote...

1. the great tribulation
6. the Armageddon event

Why would you think the Armageddon event is a 1000 years after the Second Coming of Jesus ?

From Revelation 19:19 we read that them gathered at Armageddon is for their purpose of making war on Jesus, and his army. At Jesus's Second Coming. So the gathering at Armageddon will be right before Jesus's Second Coming.

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

After Armageddon and Jesus's Second Coming, then in Revelation 20:1-3, Satan is cast into the bottomless pit for a thousand years.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

the great tribulation
the Armageddon event
the 1000 year millennium
I agree with this sequence of the end times events.
You just miss out the Sixth Seal, the next Prophesied event. The worldwide disaster that will set the scene for the establishment of a One World Govt and enable the faithful Christian peoples to migrate to and live in all of the holy Land.

Also, I believe these [approximate] time gaps:
The Terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath; the Sixth Seal. Soon to happen: the shock and devastation of a massive sunstrike.
The Middle East region will be depopulated. Zephaniah 1:14-18 & 2:4-6, Jeremiah 12:14, +

the Ezekiel 38-39 Gog/Magog event - plus 8 years.

The signing of a peace treaty; Daniel 9:27 - plus 2 years.

the great tribulation - plus 3 1/2 years

the Armageddon event - plus 3 1/2 years
the Second Coming of Jesus - at the same time
the 1000 year millennium " "

Satan's short period to once again deceive the nations. plus 1000 years

This time line adds up to 17 years after the Sixth Seal world changer to the glorious Return. Which is within the 'about' 20 years of the Seventh Seal.

Last edited:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Ezekiel 38-39 Gog/Magog event (followed by 7 years verses 9-10 )
the great tribulation (the last 1335 days of those 7 years)
the Armageddon event (verses 17-20)
the Second Coming of Jesus (verses 21-29, to end the great tribulation)
the 1000 year millennium (the 1000 year reign of Jesus, on this present earth, Revelation 20:4)
Satan's short period to once again deceive the nations (Revelation 20:7-10)

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just miss out the Sixth Seal, the next Prophesied event. The worldwide disaster that will set the scene for the establishment of a One World Govt and enable the faithful Christian peoples to migrate to and live in all of the holy Land.
The kings of the earth have to have a mega reason to gather their armies at Armageddon to make war on Jesus in Revelation 19:19.

That mega reason will be in the sixth seal event they will see the sign of the Son of man in heaven, sickle in hand (Revelation 14:14), His intent clear. The wicked of the world who had been martyring the saints are about to be judged.

Last edited:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Middle East region will be depopulated. Zephaniah 1:14-18 & 2:4-6, Jeremiah 12:14, +

the Ezekiel 38-39 Gog/Magog event - plus 6 years.

The signing of a peace treaty; Daniel 9:27 - plus 3 years.

See if I understand you correctly...

Solar event that depopulates the middle east, followed by Christians moving to Israel and creating a Christian nation named Beulah.

Then 6 years after the Solar event depopulation, Gog/Magog takes place.

* Then 3 years after Gog/Magog, a peace treaty is signed... beginning the 7 years of Daniel 9:27

Then 3 1/2 years later, the great tribulation begins.

Then 3 1/2 years later, Armageddon and Jesus's Second Coming.

--------------------------------------------------------------

* keras, in Ezekiel 39, the 7 years in verses 9-10 are right after the Gog/Magog event.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
See if i understand you correctly...

Solar event that depopulates the middleeast, followed by Christians moving to Israel and creating a Christian nation named Beulah.

Then 6 years, after the Solar event depopulation, Gog/Magog takes place.

* Then 3 years after Gog/Magog, a peace treaty is signed... beginning the 7 years of Daniel 9:27

--------------------------------------------------------------

* keras, in Ezekiel 39, the 7 years in verses 9-10 are right after the Gog/Magog event.
Correct, thanks.
The 7 years of disposing of Gog's corpses and weapons, is not relevant to this timeline. That task will overlap into the peace treaty period.

Note; that T did change the times from 6 to 8 years for the Christian peoples to become settled and prosperous and to build the new Temple.
Then, I think 2 years from G/M to the peace treaty, May be even sooner, as I believe the way Beulah is protected by the Lord, will shakeup the leader of the OWG and motivate him to negotiate that treaty.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The kings of the earth have to have a mega reason to gather their armies at Armageddon to make war on Jesus in Revelation 19:19.

That mega reason will be in the sixth seal event they will see the sign of the Son of man in heaven, sickle in hand (Revelation 14:14), His intent clear. The wicked of the world who had been martyring the saints are about to be judged.
Moving the Sixth Seal is a gross violation of Revelation.
The Seals keep the scroll closed. How can the 7Trumpets and the 7 Bowl happen before all the seals are removed?

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct, thanks.
The 7 years of disposing of Gog's corpses and weapons, is not relevant to this timeline. That task will overlap into the peace treaty period.

Note; that T did change the times from 6 to 8 years for the Christian peoples to become settled and prosperous and to build the new Temple.
Then, I think 2 years from G/M to the peace treaty, May be even sooner, as I believe the way Beulah is protected by the Lord, will shakeup the leader of the OWG and motivate him to negotiate that treaty.
I agree with this sequence of the end times events.

Also, I believe these [approximate] time gaps:
The Terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath; the Sixth Seal. Soon to happen: the shock and devastation of a massive sunstrike.

the Ezekiel 38-39 Gog/Magog event - plus 8 years.

The signing of a peace treaty; Daniel 9:27 - plus 2 years.

the 1000 year millennium " "

Satan's short period to once again deceive the nations. plus 1000 years

This time line adds up to 17 years after the Sixth Seal world changer to the glorious Return. Which is within the 'about' 20 years of the Seventh Seal.
okay, allow me to try again after your revisions, to see if I understand you correctly.

Solar event that depopulates the middle east, followed by Christians moving to Israel and creating a Christian nation named Beulah.

Then 8 years after the Solar event depopulation, Gog/Magog takes place.

* Then 2 years after Gog/Magog, a peace treaty is signed... beginning the 7 years of Daniel 9:27

--------------------------------------------
* keras, there is still the problem that in Ezekiel 39, the 7 years in verses 9-10, of burning the weapons, is right after the Gog/Magog event. What if you took the two years out, and the signing of the peace treaty, in your scenario, for 7 years starts right after Gog/Magog ? i.e. right after Gog/Magog, the signing of a peace treaty for 7 years.

Go take a look at my post #12.

Last edited:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moving the Sixth Seal is a gross violation of Revelation.
The Seals keep the scroll closed. How can the 7Trumpets and the 7 Bowl happen before all the seals are removed?
Moving the Sixth Seal ? I don't get what you talking about. Jesus removed the seals and opened the scroll back when John was taken to heaven - so that we can read what is contained in the scroll.

Keras, what is the mega reason that the kings of the earth, and the beast,-king, and their armies gather together to make war on Jesus ?

Revelation 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi quietthinker,

You wrote...

1. the great tribulation
6. the Armageddon event

Why would you think the Armageddon event is a 1000 years after the Second Coming of Jesus ?

From Revelation 19:19 we read that them gathered at Armageddon is for their purpose of making war on Jesus, and his army. At Jesus's Second Coming. So the gathering at Armageddon will be right before Jesus's Second Coming.

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

After Armageddon and Jesus's Second Coming, then in Revelation 20:1-3, Satan is cast into the bottomless pit for a thousand years.
Jesus returns (second coming) after great tribulation such as never was or ever will be Matthew 24:21-28

New Jerusalem descends to a place prepared for it with Jesus and the saved of all ages (the Saints) having been in Heaven for 1000 yrs (Rev. 20:4) after Jesus second coming. Armageddon is the final stand the wicked from all ages who have been dead for that same 1000 yrs are now resurrected. They now stand before God (Rev.20:12)

The earth during this period has been desolate and the prison (bottomless pit) of Satan and his angels.(Rev.. 20:3) With the wicked now resurrected (Gog and Magog, figuratively. Rev. 20:7-8) Satan will again have subjects to deceive numbered as the sand of the sea (Rev. 20:8, 19:19)

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus returns (second coming) after great tribulation such as never was or ever will be Matthew 24:21-28
Matthew 24:21-30.
New Jerusalem descends to a place prepared for it with Jesus and the saved of all ages (the Saints) having been in Heaven for 1000 yrs (Rev. 20:4) after Jesus second coming. Armageddon is the final stand the wicked from all ages who have been dead for that same 1000 yrs are now resurrected. They now stand before God (Rev.20:12)
The resurrection of the wicked, Revelation 20:12-15, takes places after Satan has been cast into the lake of fire, Revelation 20:10. The resurrection of the wicked will be for the purpose of standing before the Great White Throne Judgment.

The gathering at Armageddon in Revelation 16:13-16 does not involve the resurrection of the wicked.