Living By The Life In You

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. - Romans 12:2.

When we are going to love the father - change in mind is inevitable. Paul used to little word of being 'transformed,' by the renewing of that mind.

I used to see people that seemed at peace and loved God, and I believed they did. They seemed to be comfortable in what they were doing and had concluded this is the way to do it.

It never did fit my creation - I was never at peace or comfortable or felt like I had arrived or whatever label you can give that kind of observation. Because I was not those things. They had completely eluded me for whatever reason - they did not exist in my world. Even as a Christian they did not exsist for me as they seemed to for some.

Not until the mind began to take on change. Mind change in our case is; getting the mind of another. Seeing through the eyes and the mind of another - literally having their mind. Seeing how they see things - looking at it the way they look at it. Believers will not have the feeling of completion until they can get the mind of another. Mind renewal is a hard tow because the old mind in conjunction with what was the training of the old mind by the old man nature does not surrender as easy as we suppose. Adam loves everything about religion - the blessings and being in the lime light so to say - doing and acting. The fanfare and all that comes and goes in religion. Adam does not go easily, that was our everything - identity.

What is meant by that? It is our identity - at least who we think we are. We identify with the old man knowledge before anything else because it is the only teaching we had. We have a sound notion that we are nothing more than just a self. Me, myself, and I, can come into play in the training of the old man (spirit-nature) and your knowledge (soul-mind). Just a self for self, that operates from self..and when I do not act right it's my bad self - me from self doing the acting up.

We have no idea about sin in the world (old man nature) because death does not stand up and say 'hey I'm death working in you' - we just accept we sin and we can't help it and I'm bad for it. What a condemning predicament to be in, especially as a Christian - knowing we should do right - and don't do it. The condemnation for believers is insurmountable. We usually do what contradicts what we know to do. Paul even says;

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? - Romans 7:24.

What were these bodies captured by - death. The old man is death and from that death we lived, and from that death we can continue to live if the mind is not being renewed to Christ. The old man syndrome runs ram- shod over the unrenewed mind.

How can such a contradiction ever be settled in scripture? Simple..kind of. It is when the mind is being renewed to Christ (getting the mind of Christ) as your everything. Saying Christ is my everything is one thing - having the mind renewed to Christ as everything in scripture it says he is (revelation)..like your only life..is the only hope there is. Nothing can out do scripture.. scripture is very sound in that it says exactly what believers need to know by the Spirit. Men cannot know in themselves - scripture says 'it has not entered into the heart the things God has prepared for them.' But that don't really mean alot in our day..just more scripture.

You don't need any Greek or Latin or Hebrew or any other interpretation of what is written to you - it is there written for Spirit understanding. Now those help at times in study habits but revelation works by the Spirit teaching you Christ that is in you and scripture bears that out - that is the renewing of the mind. I don't quite get what people are after in the renewing of the mind..but it happens as you see Christ - the minds eye opens to Christ in you. Compatible begins in the mind. Compatible with the Christ that is in you. We do not have to struggle with the world and with each other and with every wind of doctrine - and political movement - you see Christ as life. Your mind renewed to him as life in you as your only life.. because he is your only life - and trying to live by the old man life of self for self will not fit your creation.

When we feel like we are just the same old me and I'm being made a better person or Christian by some how sinning less is a contradiction of scripture and falls short of who you are!

Christ alive in you becomes your dailey work if you will..not how much you do or don't sin. Christ alive in you is not a sinner..but your desire is to live Christ or allow Christ to live as you are. It is your mind, you control it - you are free to surrender to being taught Christ by the Holy Spirit. That is a different mind and focus. That is what a Christian is. That is what Christ in you makes believers; a Christ person - Christ-ian.