Living in Sin or just roommates who love each other?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Within reason.
The Catholic church pretty much destroyed the original Christian faith with their 'changes'. But the church doesn't know this because they do not know church history.
Let me change just a bit on this . The catholic church pretty much destroyed the original christain faith with their changes .
But the church does not know this because they do not KNOW THEY BIBLES .
THAT IS HOW i knew , OOPS ROME IS BAD , its also how i knew the protestant realm is in dire grave danger .
I knew nothing about church history . IF a man wants to know what is counterfeit from what is true
he needs not to learn all the different counterfeits , NOPE all he has to do is LEARN the TRUE .
THEN HE KNOWS if anything changes from that , ITS FALSE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Assuming there is no sin occurring in the home, what it looks like to outsiders is what determines if it's a sin.
Romans 14.
I can't agree with this. Do you not realize that someone somewhere can claim to stumble as a result of almost ANYTHING you do? Your post on this forum one might claim that you're causing them to stumble. You might as well hide in your house and not come out because I can assure you that you are a stumbling block to someone somewhere.
I believe you and some others are taking Paul's examples and applying them to any and every action you might take and I do not think that is the message at all. You need to keep this in context. The context is issues between those who have been living under the law and those who are now in Christ and outside of the law in the Church. Paul is not applying this test to every action a person takes. This is regarding the comparison between inside the law and outside the law not because Gentile Jenny wore purple on the sabbath and some Jews stumbled. As Christians, we do not today take into consideration our beliefs that might cause a Jew to "claim" something is causing them to stumble. If so we would be in subjection to many. In your belief no matter how silly something might sound and how much you might disagree YOU MUST stop what your doing because someone in the Church claims to be stumbling due to your behavior. Does that really make sense? You have abused Paul's teaching on this matter.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't agree with this. Do you not realize that someone somewhere can claim to stumble as a result of almost ANYTHING you do? Your post on this forum one might claim that you're causing them to stumble. You might as well hide in your house and not come out because I can assure you that you are a stumbling block to someone somewhere.
I believe you and some others are taking Paul's examples and applying them to any and every action you might take and I do not think that is the message at all. You need to keep this in context. The context is issues between those who have been living under the law and those who are now in Christ and outside of the law in the Church. Paul is not applying this test to every action a person takes. This is regarding the comparison between inside the law and outside the law not because Gentile Jenny wore purple on the sabbath and some Jews stumbled. As Christians, we do not today take into consideration our beliefs that might cause a Jew to "claim" something is causing them to stumble. If so we would be in subjection to many. In your belief no matter how silly something might sound and how much you might disagree YOU MUST stop what your doing because someone in the Church claims to be stumbling due to your behavior. Does that really make sense? You have abused Paul's teaching on this matter.
I did not get to read what beuller said .
I did see truth in what you are saying my friend .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

That was the question in the OP. but all those who aren't in Christ are living in sin anyway.

Reactions: JohnPaul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

That was the question in the OP. but all those who aren't in Christ are living in sin anyway.
@Pearl Well I think there's the public/legal side as well, and not just the condom side when Christians want to set up together.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl Well I think there's the public/legal side as well, and not just the condom side when Christians want to set up together.
Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Everybody who doesn't have Jesus living in them is living in sin - nothing to do with weddings or legality.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you and some others are taking Paul's examples and applying them to any and every action you might take and I do not think that is the message at all.
It does mean anything...

"...or to do anything to cause your brother to stumble." Romans 14:21
That's why I talked about applying a little common sense.
For example, when I did go to church I did not hide the fact that I went on Sundays just because there are denominations that don't believe you should do that on Saturdays. But if Sunday worship was in the minority I would take some kind of steps to make sure my freedom to worship on any day of the week could not be become a stumbling block to a seventh day worshipper.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Everybody who doesn't have Jesus living in them is living in sin - nothing to do with weddings or legality.
@Pearl Great and apt verse there from Romans 3. When it comes to Christians having a passion for each other, I do think that it's not just a case of locking themselves in a bedroom but first of all also making it public and legal (it doesn't have to be a flamboyant ceremony).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It does mean anything...

"...or to do anything to cause your brother to stumble." Romans 14:21
That's why I talked about applying a little common sense.
For example, when I did go to church I did not hide the fact that I went on Sundays just because there are denominations that don't believe you should do that on Saturdays. But if Sunday worship was in the minority I would take some kind of steps to make sure my freedom to worship on any day of the week could not be become a stumbling block to a seventh day worshipper.
In the end it's question of Scripture; nt being under the law but in the power of the Resurrection, rather than about what ppl think...

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Within reason.
The Catholic church pretty much destroyed the original Christian faith with their 'changes'. But the church doesn't know this because they do not know church history.

The Catholics are painfully aware of it. They are well past denial. The sad thing is that any good they did is lost in the memory of evil.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl Great and apt verse there from Romans 3. When it comes to Christians having a passion for each other, I do think that it's not just a case of locking themselves in a bedroom but first of all also making it public and legal (it doesn't have to be a flamboyant ceremony).
Nothing to do with bedrooms or condoms @farouk, we were all living in sin before we came to Jesus. You were, I was everybody was. Living together is not living in sin. Living without Jesus is.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That would also include those popes and our protestant leaders who are having folks to beleive
that somehow this false love and doing good saves everyone , no matter what religoin they are in .
What a lie to say muslims , atheists , new agers , buddits can follow their own religoin
but if they have this lovey lovey are saved .
The last time i checked the LOVE OF GOD points folks to CHRIST JESUS , it dont let them die in false religions

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Nothing to do with bedrooms or condoms @farouk, we were all living in sin before we came to Jesus. You were, I was everybody was. Living together is not living in sin. Living without Jesus is.
Well I wouldn't advocate baring oneself and going ahead in bed, before it was made legal, anyway.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the right way to say that is the church realized that the law was commanding those behaviors (how to take a wife, etc.) but simply governing the behaviors of men at that time.

If it makes you feel better~~~but it does not hold water.
You can go right down the list of why it does not hold water....
But it is just enough to say that God had to have a reason for the cruelty of the Mosaic Law.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholics are painfully aware of it. They are well past denial. The sad thing is that any good they did is lost in the memory of evil.
So long as they or one belives in the mumbo jumbo of pope francis and his all inclusive fraternity
so long as folks pray to saints to angels and to mary , THEY AINT aware at all .
Just cause folks can recognize past sins , dont make them saved .
And i aint here just to warn against the CC, but against most all the entire realm of protestantism .
I will soon become the enemy of all humanity , all religoions and most all christendom .
THEY will see me as enemy number one . just cause i dont hug and fake love folks to hell fire under this unity we are one stuff .
our entire christendom as well as any other false religion as well as non religious are all being led to this false god of false love .
One that accepts sins and calls anything that warns against evil as being wrong .
I honestly dont think folks realize how deep this false lovey lovey unity stuff has went . WELL its all over our churches now as it is all over the world and it grows faster now than ever .

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it makes you feel better~~~but it does not hold water.
You can go right down the list of why it does not hold water....
I just don't see any law commanding us to adopt the practices governed in the law, just that God commanded ways for them to be governed. Ways that took the welfare of those concerned into account. You've really misunderstood the law.